So What Is There To Do?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » so what is there to do?
so what is there to do?
By Seun 2023-02-09 16:28:52
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Radda said: »
Seun said: »
Odin.Stayfresh said: »
I like multi boxing so I can do *** when I’m alone that I'm not good enough to do alone

Fix'd.

Sorry, but there's really no good excuse to MB in any MMO. Let's just call it what it is.

One of my favorite things about MB'ing is the fact that it annoys people like you. :)

I'm not at all annoyed or upset that you have additional accounts to automate and facilitate your accomplishments. The only thing that bothers me is when people make a conscious choice and then make excuses about it like they are somehow forced to do it.

You exchange money for advantage so it's pretty well expected that your expectation is higher than others. "People like you" only describes people who think the game is more enjoyable and healthier when it's played by multiple players rather than players with multiple accounts.

Play it how you want it, but call it what it is. No sense being in denial about what's going on here.
 Bismarck.Xurion
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2023-02-09 17:09:47
Link | Citer | R

No one reasonable cares.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2023-02-09 17:22:22
Link | Citer | R

Every single mmorpg is mainly single player, becasue dungeon finder is a single player system. Technically you're playing with other people, but have you tried it? Nobody wants to talk to you at all, you'll never see any of them again and they treat you like a bot. Everyone in there might as well be a bot actually because the content is extremely simplistic (so there is zero need to talk about strats) and the best you get from them is going to be "hi" and "bye".

At least when you build a party on XI it's a social experience and you experience those people, and will see them again in the future.

The reality with current XI is they had to adapt to an older playerbase and more competition, offering solo play was needed and so they added trusts. The majority of the people that play XI are solo players, and will never party with you...or anyone else. At best most of them will duo/trio with some friends or play with their LS (if they can get one)

Trusts make multi-boxing work for most, because very few people have 6 characters and can use them all effectively enough to do top tier content. Mostly it's duo/trio and trusts, and they aren't even doing top tier content most of the time. Only a small handful are really good at multiboxing, you see Ejin doing it and think everyone is rocking it when they aren't.

So ultimately the multibox issue is just impacting the top 10-20% who classify as serious endgame players, and in reality only an even smaller fraction of those who PUG.

The number of people who PUG on XI is actually really small, because the requirement to do it is to be geared out the *** already. Cause you won't take them otherwise.

The lack of PUG players is a) becasue many people like to do stuff with their LS exclusively b) most people on the server are solo and use trusts c) the gear requirements to be able to pug are very high and d) you're dealing with players that....cap out on gear and stop wanting to join your pugs after a while.

The answer to this is to try build the pug community up, but nobody wants to do that.
 Asura.Creole
Serveur: Asura
user: Creole
By Asura.Creole 2023-02-09 17:30:06
Link | Citer | R

I multibox as i started when I originally returned and thats one thing im not gonna stop because it helps even when finding groups
By Seun 2023-02-09 18:14:56
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
Every single mmorpg is mainly single player, becasue dungeon finder is a single player system.

Wrath of the Lich King was the first expansion of World of Warcraft to implement the dungeon finder tool. Literally the OG 'push button, receive content' if you will. Despite this, Blizzard specifically cited it's impact on the community as a reason for NOT adding it to classic WotLK.

What does it say that the originators decided to remove it from the re-release? This on the heels of banning multiboxing and the use of broadcasting software to control multiple accounts....

So oblivious...
 Asura.Creole
By Asura.Creole 2023-02-09 18:43:53
Link | Citer | R

Every single mmorpg is mainly single player, becasue dungeon finder is a single player system.

Wrath of the Lich King was the first expansion of World of Warcraft to implement the dungeon finder tool. Literally the OG 'push button, receive content' if you will. Despite this, Blizzard specifically cited it's impact on the community as a reason for NOT adding it to classic WotLK.

What does it say that the originators decided to remove it from the re-release? This on the heels of banning multiboxing and the use of broadcasting software to control multiple accounts....

So oblivious...
yet the community wants it? It says blizzard is dying
[+]
By RadialArcana 2023-02-09 18:46:54
Link | Citer | R

Multiboxing is diff on wow, people use all same job and mirror skills over to kill others in pvp, they also multibox like 10+ accounts or more.
By Lillica 2023-02-09 19:14:38
Link | Citer | R

I don't actively play right now (free logins pretty much) and honestly it is because I am a bit anti-social and I ran into that skill-cap/number of people required wall for progression that carried any weight. There is plenty to do alone, but nothing that felt like progress. So I stop playing.

Now I am not coordinated enough, nor am I willing to invest the time and money into having multiple accounts in order to multibox, but I can certainly understand the point of view of players who can not or do not want to socialize despite it being an MMO. I also look at it as each player multiboxing may simply be a player who would also not play at all if they couldn't do so, so instead of losing out on one subscription they are instead able to collect 3-6 (or however many) subscriptions from a single customer.

FFXI has a great story, interesting characters, and I personally find the progression I was able to achieve very rewarding (RoV made me cry). But sadly, and through no fault of the game itself, I have reached the limit of content I find interesting that can also complete without making the game be something I can't enjoy because of the social aspect of it.
[+]
By Seun 2023-02-09 19:17:03
Link | Citer | R

Multiboxing is diff on wow, people use all same job and mirror skills over to kill others in pvp, they also multibox like 10+ accounts or more.

The PvP merely drew more attention to it because it was seen as grief tactic. If that was the only aspect they cared about, they wouldn't have said what they said and banned it completely. Players like grey because it allows for their (mis)interpretations and excuses, but the devs are speaking black and white here. The intent is quite obvious.
By macsdf1 2023-02-09 19:45:56
Link | Citer | R

I came back 2 years ago? had quit in 2013 I think. First thing I did was spam VE ambu's solo, till I got a naegling. I didn't suck so I had multiple glowy weapons already when I quit back in the day, had capped gil too which helped to upgrade some gears. Sad to learn my koga mythic was trash tho.

LS was still around, after all these years. Farmed dragons, and got 50k beads, and LS did aeonics still here and there with LS. Old friends showed me apex crab camp so I 2-3 boxed there with my trusts and got job points and mastered my main chars. Farmed lilith and got full set of malignance.

Old LS members wouldn't help out with ***really, they assumed I'd just play a few days and quit I guess, like others do. LS only did dynamis as a guild really anyways, with occasional aeonics run when enough had 50k beads.

Luckily a few returnees came back around same time I did so we formed a returnee 6 man team and did ***ourselves, mostly ambu and other stuff to gear up, and Omen. Eventualy we did oddy C, and then gaol came out so we did that. Now we're in t3 v25s, fully decked out and strong as anyone.

So, don't give up. I'm sure there are plenty of peeps in ur situation with no grope. Just can't be a iSheep and instead be a leader and form a group to farm.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-02-09 20:44:38
Link | Citer | R

It's your sub, you do what you want with it. Doesn't matter how many accounts you got.

I personally don't want to play without friends and I don't enjoy playing more than 2 accounts at the same time. $E isn't stopping the blatant bot stacks making exp all day every day. Just make sure you're having fun.
By Ahbon 2023-02-09 23:06:39
Link | Citer | R

You are right .. nailed it
By RiggityWrekd 2023-02-10 00:13:56
Link | Citer | R

When I hear other people's experience as a returning player on Asura it feels they are talking about a different game.

I came back less than a year ago on Sylph (last time I played was during abyssea) and I was able to find an active ls, gear up a few jobs, find enough people to play with to do ambu, omen, dyna, sortie, aeonics and even odyssey, without the need of any merc.

If you wanna be endgame ready asap just gear up a warrior or a corsair with naegling and you can do any content in the game. Also being the one who organizes parties helps to speed up things.

If you think the only way to play this game is by mercing stuff then this might not be the right game for you.

I'm pretty sure that even on Asura there are some entry level friendly ls that run dyna clear/rp farm. If not, try a different server and you will find a much more social and chilled experience.
[+]
 Asura.Creole
By Asura.Creole 2023-02-15 11:37:37
Link | Citer | R

RiggityWrekd said: »
When I hear other people's experience as a returning player on Asura it feels they are talking about a different game.

I came back less than a year ago on Sylph (last time I played was during abyssea) and I was able to find an active ls, gear up a few jobs, find enough people to play with to do ambu, omen, dyna, sortie, aeonics and even odyssey, without the need of any merc.

If you wanna be endgame ready asap just gear up a warrior or a corsair with naegling and you can do any content in the game. Also being the one who organizes parties helps to speed up things.

If you think the only way to play this game is by mercing stuff then this might not be the right game for you.

I'm pretty sure that even on Asura there are some entry level friendly ls that run dyna clear/rp farm. If not, try a different server and you will find a much more social and chilled experience.
imma merc till it hurt
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-02-15 11:45:29
Link | Citer | R

Mercing is fun

Paying a merc is *** hilarious tho
By Dodik 2023-02-15 16:12:33
Link | Citer | R

Definitely an Asura problem. Don't think I've ever even seen a merc shout, or heard of anyone selling clears on my server.

People are even - gasp - nice.
By Hopalong 2023-02-15 16:58:31
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
imma merc till it hurt

This doesnt sound like a new player quote, even if multiboxing.

nvm "Returning player", pretty broad category.

If I was returning I would not worry about gil, and just the fun of the game.

Oh yeah, multiboxing. Its basically dumb because it inflates the value of the game past its real dollar value which is about $20 or less at the max. Also its a friggin pain to multibox (login two characters and keep tabbing back and forth and do the mystery box x6-8 and waste time you could have been playing) so why bother.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Creole
By Asura.Creole 2023-02-16 12:30:29
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Mercing is fun

Paying a merc is *** hilarious tho
I pay mercs for the NM kills on weapons cause im not about to camp anything that isn't quick. My 4-8hr window camping is far done.
 Asura.Creole
By Asura.Creole 2023-02-16 12:31:02
Link | Citer | R

Dodik said: »

Definitely an Asura problem. Don't think I've ever even seen a merc shout, or heard of anyone selling clears on my server.

People are even - gasp - nice.
so you telling me i'd be rich is what you saying sir?
 Asura.Creole
By Asura.Creole 2023-02-16 12:32:21
Link | Citer | R

Hopalong said: »
Quote:
imma merc till it hurt

This doesnt sound like a new player quote, even if multiboxing.

nvm "Returning player", pretty broad category.

If I was returning I would not worry about gil, and just the fun of the game.

Oh yeah, multiboxing. Its basically dumb because it inflates the value of the game past its real dollar value which is about $20 or less at the max. Also its a friggin pain to multibox (login two characters and keep tabbing back and forth and do the mystery box x6-8 and waste time you could have been playing) so why bother.

Who said anything about being new? I just wanted to know if anything was added and worth doing by PLAYERS rather than reading content no one plays.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-02-16 14:50:27
Link | Citer | R

It seems like the OP was just asking "is there anything new to do since the last time I stopped playing, somewhat recently?" To which my answer is: R25 Odyssey NMs, which are (T3 and T4 at least) exceptionally difficult. Sortie is also quite a challenge, not that you can't kill any individual NM necessarily (though some are quite difficult) but more in terms of optimizing your run as much as possible and trying to push yourselves to get more done in the time allotted, I find it quite fun.

Then of course there's all the old content. While you may not be particularly engaged by the content itself, it can still earn you gil/items to accomplish your goals. Until you've got every single Su5 weapon, every neck+2, every REMA at R15, and every job's full JSE at +3 plus an escutcheon or 8, there's really no saying you don't have anything to spend gil on.

Omen, Dynamis [D], Ambuscade, Odyssey seg farms, Vagary, Delve are all quite good sources of gil/expensive items.

Granted, if the last time you played you had finished every item for every job you care about and don't want to play any more jobs, there won't be much for you to come back to except Sortie and Odyssey grind. That said, Sortie and Odyssey grind are quite challenging and satisfying in my opinion. It feels absolutely amazing to clear a difficult fight after strategizing, making attempts, and overcoming difficult content.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-02-16 16:59:01
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Creole said: »

No I'm saying there's no market for mercing. Sucks if you're a merc, I guess.
By Seun 2023-02-17 03:15:59
Link | Citer | R

'Returning player' is just a tactful way to say "quitter".

Seriously tho, all MMOs are dying. They will all eventually wear away until the only people remaining are people who either still enjoy the game, those who are addicted or some combination of the two. I play and enjoy both Blizzard and SE games so I carry no bias toward either one.

Blizz vs SE in a nutshell:
If you enjoy easy access to random/instanced content and mostly linear progression:
Play retail WoW, FFXIV or both/alternate.

If you prefer emphasis on group based play and long, grindy content:
Play classic/private WoW, XI private or both/alternate.

If you prefer to play solo and don't mind tossing your wallet at multiple accounts or forbidden services:
Play FFXI.

All of these games offer all styles of play to varying degrees, but the newer generation of players tend to lose interest quickly. That's why you're a returning player and not an active subscriber.
 Asura.Creole
By Asura.Creole 2023-02-17 20:44:30
Link | Citer | R

Dodik said: »

No I'm saying there's no market for mercing. Sucks if you're a merc, I guess.
You like to judge people I see, I bet you're fun at parties
 Asura.Creole
By Asura.Creole 2023-02-17 20:45:44
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
It seems like the OP was just asking "is there anything new to do since the last time I stopped playing, somewhat recently?" To which my answer is: R25 Odyssey NMs, which are (T3 and T4 at least) exceptionally difficult. Sortie is also quite a challenge, not that you can't kill any individual NM necessarily (though some are quite difficult) but more in terms of optimizing your run as much as possible and trying to push yourselves to get more done in the time allotted, I find it quite fun.

Then of course there's all the old content. While you may not be particularly engaged by the content itself, it can still earn you gil/items to accomplish your goals. Until you've got every single Su5 weapon, every neck+2, every REMA at R15, and every job's full JSE at +3 plus an escutcheon or 8, there's really no saying you don't have anything to spend gil on.

Omen, Dynamis [D], Ambuscade, Odyssey seg farms, Vagary, Delve are all quite good sources of gil/expensive items.

Granted, if the last time you played you had finished every item for every job you care about and don't want to play any more jobs, there won't be much for you to come back to except Sortie and Odyssey grind. That said, Sortie and Odyssey grind are quite challenging and satisfying in my opinion. It feels absolutely amazing to clear a difficult fight after strategizing, making attempts, and overcoming difficult content.
I left some stuff to complete , but thank you for the full breakdown, very much appreciated
 Asura.Creole
By Asura.Creole 2023-02-17 21:02:21
Link | Citer | R

'Returning player' is just a tactful way to say "quitter".

Seriously tho, all MMOs are dying. They will all eventually wear away until the only people remaining are people who either still enjoy the game, those who are addicted or some combination of the two. I play and enjoy both Blizzard and SE games so I carry no bias toward either one.

Blizz vs SE in a nutshell:
If you enjoy easy access to random/instanced content and mostly linear progression:
Play retail WoW, FFXIV or both/alternate.

If you prefer emphasis on group based play and long, grindy content:
Play classic/private WoW, XI private or both/alternate.

If you prefer to play solo and don't mind tossing your wallet at multiple accounts or forbidden services:
Play FFXI.

All of these games offer all styles of play to varying degrees, but the newer generation of players tend to lose interest quickly. That's why you're a returning player and not an active subscriber.
who hurt you?
[+]
By Seun 2023-02-17 22:49:12
Link | Citer | R

who hurt you?

I think he calls himself Yoshi P.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-02-18 06:33:21
Link | Citer | R

You like to judge people I see, I bet you're fun at parties