Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Pergatory's SMN Lua
Pergatory's SMN Lua
 Asura.Pergatory
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2023-01-19 19:38:41
Link | Citer | R

For those who use my SMN Lua, I've published a major revision so I wanted to make a post about it.

Here's a link to the Lua: https://pastebin.com/Fa5PtueC

I've totally revamped the aftercast set usage. It was built in a restrictive way because it was just designed for how I use it personally.

I decided to make it smarter because of how many people started using it. You now have full control over making aftercast sets for whatever situation you want. For example if you want a different DT set with Carbuncle than with other avatars, you can add that and it'll get used.

Also, you can add your own idle modes now and as long as you add a set with matching name, it'll be used like you'd expect. I think a lot of modern Luas are like this so I apologize for taking so long to make mine this way!

Please let me know if you have any problems with the Lua. I don't get to play SMN as often as I'd like these days so it hasn't been thoroughly tested yet.

Happy summoning!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2023-01-19 20:10:22
Link | Citer | R

I'll have to take a look at it later. Did you include a movement+ mode?

Also by chance did you include a toggle-able AFAC mode? (despite being less used these days). I'd need a whole day to remember how I added that last time, ha...
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2023-01-19 20:19:20
Link | Citer | R

No movement toggle if that's what you mean, but you could add an idle mode called "Movement" if you want.

Besides putting it in your aftercast sets, any time you have Fleet Wind it'll override your feet with Gaiters as well.

Not sure what you mean by AFAC mode, but I don't think it has that either.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2023-01-19 20:38:30
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
I'll have to take a look at it later. Did you include a movement+ mode?

Also by chance did you include a toggle-able AFAC mode? (despite being less used these days). I'd need a whole day to remember how I added that last time, ha...

Don't need to toggle for astral conduit.
have the setup skip precast bp timer and post cast av out idle sets, have it equip midcast for whatever bloodpact is being issued and sit in it until the buff wears.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2023-01-19 21:13:50
Link | Citer | R

Mine does skip BP recast swap if Conduit is up, although it won't skip aftercast but that's not a problem unless you're lagging badly. I've never had any problems with it anyway. BP damage is very consistent during Conduit.

You get best results by timing your macro press rather than spamming anyway. Look for the green hands!

Edit: Also, it will not swap out of BP gear if your pet is still readying its BP no matter what you do anyway. Conduit or not, you can spam a bunch of spells or whatever you want while it's readying, and you should still land in the right set. Your spell will be gimpy and cast slow due to no FC swap, but the BP will be fine.
By Jetackuu 2023-01-19 21:33:41
Link | Citer | R

Is it possible to change gaiters to something decent like Shneddick ring?

Yeah, got it, will have to remake the toggle. There's way too much lag to trust that.

But word.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2023-01-19 21:40:01
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
Is it possible to change gaiters to something decent like Shneddick ring?

Yeah, got it, will have to remake the toggle. There's way too much lag to trust that.

But word.
Yeah look for this block near the end of the file:
Code
	if buffactive['Quickening'] and IdleMode~='DT' and not ForceIlvl then
		equip({feet="Herald's Gaiters"})
	end

maybe change to something like:
Code
	if buffactive['Quickening'] and IdleMode~='DT' then
		equip({ring2="Shneddick Ring"})
	end

or you could even pull out the IdleMode not equal DT part if you don't need rings to cap DT in that set.
[+]