No Links Unless User Has 10 Posts

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » No links unless user has 10 posts
No links unless user has 10 posts
By RadialArcana 2023-01-16 11:20:30
Link | Citer | R

I don't know if the forum has options for this, but I would suggest to block users being able to post links unless they have at least 10 posts.

No doubt some of these accounts they have been able to hijack have 10+ posts but most won't.
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2023-01-16 12:07:36
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
I don't know if the forum has options for this, but I would suggest to block users being able to post links unless they have at least 10 posts.

No doubt some of these accounts they have been able to hijack have 10+ posts but most won't.

Really wouldn't do much, wouldn't be hard to automate having an account you stole post to 10 random threads with a non-hyperlinked URL with spaces or special characters or w/e to get around a rule such as "no http://www."; or "no .com" and then just post a new thread right after with your hyperlinked URL you want people to click on.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Serveur: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2023-01-16 12:27:12
Link | Citer | R

Why are people clicking on random links in 2023? No way we just clicking them trusting some random on the internet right?
[+]
By Nariont 2023-01-16 12:28:31
Link | Citer | R

You'd be amazed how quickly people click links or now scan QR codes, always set the expectation bar low and still assume it will be lower than that
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-16 12:32:51
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »
You'd be amazed how quickly people click links or now scan QR codes, always set the expectation bar low and still assume it will be lower than that

“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

― George Carlin
[+]
By RadialArcana 2023-01-16 12:36:06
Link | Citer | R

If they put a link to "big tiddy anime booba pictures, click here", it will be a massacre.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2023-01-16 12:56:22
Link | Citer | R

You can see the ho's risin on Horizon server. *Ludacris picture*
Download here at shadylink.cn/dontbedumb
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-01-16 13:01:09
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
You can see the ho's risin on Horizon server
HEY Ho, Ho ya doin? Ho ya been? Prolly Ho stuff, cause there you Ho again
[+]
 Ragnarok.Trixi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Trixi
By Ragnarok.Trixi 2023-01-16 13:14:23
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
Why are people clicking on random links in 2023? No way we just clicking them trusting some random on the internet right?

Conversely - Who is running an OS, browser, or doesn't have plugins that can facilitate clicking on any link? You have to go out of your way to get malwared these days.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-01-16 15:39:05
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »

I have a better idea: block an user to post until he/she/it has at least 10 posts
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2023-01-16 15:44:00
Link | Citer | R

That last spam post that Rooks deleted, the user had 86 posts FYI.
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2023-01-16 15:56:45
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
That last spam post that Rooks deleted, the user had 86 posts FYI.
Yeah, if it was new accounts, this would be a handy additional layer of defense, but "verified character to post" does the bulk of that legwork for us; existing accounts are another matter and while they've all been older accounts so far, we don't know enough about the attack vector to say it's never going to be a current, active user.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
Serveur: Asura
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-01-16 16:27:56
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »

There is an entire multi-billion dollar industry around the fact people still haven't learned this.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-01-16 16:30:19
Link | Citer | R

There is probably more to it than just clicking a link