nyame B.
TP Staff
ItemSet 389286
nyame B.
WS staff (garland of bliss)
(coming soon)
nyame B.

other ***.

What works best? what do i need? why should i bother? discuss.
Nyame B is probably a set it and forget it for everything but club TP due to the double attack. are there any even remotely close pieces while i do the hellgrind for B?
[+]
By phunky 2022-12-31 19:16:58
Link | Citer | R

For KC TP

- DW cape
- Olseni belt
- Gazu Bracelets +1 R15
- Dominance Earring +1 R15

From there the rest of your pieces can be Telchine augmented with +6 STP, 20 acc 10dex. Or if you need more acc Empy +3 pieces have +60 acc on them but no stp.
By Draylo 2022-12-31 19:18:43
Link | Citer | R

What you even using the KC on? Whiff central in most important fights
 Asura.Frod
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Frod 2022-12-31 19:44:24
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
What you even using the KC on? Whiff central in most important fights

odyssey seg farms, dynamis trash, soirte. there's a wide swath of garbage i can hit things with. For the bosses and higher stuff a staff build will reach higher acc.
By Nariont 2022-12-31 20:10:23
Link | Citer | R

jobs with E skill are swinging weapons fine with little acc troubles for TP bonus, k.clubs no differnt. As for sets phunky hit the main ones, i think even with the DA nyame provides it'd work with a kclub build, thankfully smn has an okay ambu set with tali'ah as otherwise its the same issue blm/sch are with armor, aug'd telch in an option but like tali'ah it lacks DT and the like. If you do swap to something like nyame TP, gazu's is definately recommended as it frees up any potential haste issues ontop of a huge acc boost.
By Draylo 2022-12-31 20:19:25
Link | Citer | R

Not from my experience, you arent hitting just fine, especially not on SMN. You are gonna need some massive buffs. Ive already found some issues on bard mule with tp bonus and mostly BiS gear, a smn without specialized buffs? And most bards arent going to specifically buff them. Seems like a waste of time with the club.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-12-31 22:09:13
Link | Citer | R

I have 1247 base ACC in my Samurai gear for reference (missing +3), and on Summoner Maxentius/Kraken I'm at 1128 with no cape augments or R15 Gazu. That's missing out on 80 base accuracy and 40 dex. That's not really that far off from a normal melee's accuracy.
[+]
By Nariont 2023-01-01 13:22:40
Link | Citer | R

I completely forgot smn was on bunzi, so thats another nyame alternative, heads really good unless youre riding that favor bonus
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2023-01-02 14:38:47
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »
I completely forgot smn was on bunzi, so thats another nyame alternative, heads really good unless youre riding that favor bonus

I'm almost certainly gonna ride favor. Subtle blow, double attack or crit rate, so horn is probably a given on both builds. Maybe one other slot piece if i'm close to a new tier and aren't giving up anything major to overcome it. Only reason i wouldn't do favor/horn would be if i really needed an oddball avatar for bloodpact, skillchain or burst reasons.

Yeah. Horn means potentially
10% da, or like 5-6 subtle blow or crit rate.
By SimonSes 2023-01-02 14:43:40
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Recently i was trying to figure out usefulness of all the empy +3, so it helps me prioritize them and this is what I came up for SMN

ItemSet 387660

This TP set support MAx/KC or Niravana AM3. It's purpose is to support party with Avatar's favor and buff, while also being able to do some damage (Black Halo, Garland of Bliss, Cataclysm, Earth Crusher, etc.) or support WSs (Shell Crusher, Myrkr).
It has:
- Up to 40%DT and 50%PDT (depends on quality and roll on Beckoner's earring) and very high meva even with Gazu pulling it down.
- Massive accuracy to support KC offhand (can probably do some changes for Nirvana since it doesnt require that much acc most of the time. Probably just switch Gazu to any other hands, depending on needs)
- capped -avatar perp. cost
- highest(?) tier of Avatar's favor
- 6-7 Refresh

Overall this set doesn't have much store TP, but it's not full melee TP set. That being said TP gain with KC offhand or Nirvana AM3 will still be huge with Samurai Roll.
I probably wont make it that fast, because I play 17 other jobs and SMN empy set probably isnt the highest priority, so just giving this idea to others. Have fun :)

EDIT: At ML40, you only need Horn to be +3 to reach highest avatar's favor if my calculation is right, so you can use this set with +2 legs, body and feet too and just mainly lose accuracy and meva.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2023-01-02 14:49:07
Link | Citer | R

Recently i was trying to figure out usefulness of all the empy +3, so it helps me prioritize them and this is what I came up for SMN

ItemSet 387660

This TP set support MAx/KC or Niravana AM3. It's purpose is to support party with Avatar's favor and buff, while also being able to do some damage (Black Halo, Garland of Bliss, Cataclysm, Earth Crusher, etc.) or support WSs (Shell Crusher, Myrkr).
It has:
- Up to 40%DT and 50%PDT (depends on quality and roll on Beckoner's earring) and very high meva even with Gazu pulling it down.
- Massive accuracy to support KC offhand (can probably do some changes for Nirvana since it doesnt require that much acc most of the time. Probably just switch Gazu to any other hands, depending on needs)
- capped -avatar perp. cost
- highest(?) tier of Avatar's favor
- 6-7 Refresh

Overall this set doesn't have much store TP, but it's not full melee TP set. That being said TP gain with KC offhand or Nirvana AM3 will still be huge with Samurai Roll.
I probably wont make it that fast, because I play 17 other jobs and SMN empy set probably isnt the highest priority, so just giving this idea to others. Have fun :)

EDIT: At ML40, you only need Horn to be +3 to reach highest avatar's favor if my calculation is right, so you can use this set with +2 legs, body and feet too and just mainly lose accuracy and meva.
Yep, at this point the bigger question is the WS set accessories.
By SimonSes 2023-01-02 14:57:19
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Frod said: »
Yep, at this point the bigger question is the WS set accessories.

Black halo
Prosilio Belt +1
Republican Platinum Medal
Metamorph R15
Ishvara
Moonshade
Oshasha's Treatise (crepuscular for capped attack)
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2023-01-03 09:17:28
Link | Citer | R

Bought a set of chirich +1, stashed em in box. Came back to review my gearset and did a search, found a second set in storage. Whoops.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2023-01-04 10:01:19
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
I have 1247 base ACC in my Samurai gear for reference (missing +3), and on Summoner Maxentius/Kraken I'm at 1128 with no cape augments or R15 Gazu. That's missing out on 80 base accuracy and 40 dex. That's not really that far off from a normal melee's accuracy.
1128 offhand accuracy? I'm guessing it's your main hand. To get offhand accuracy that high you'd probably need food and buffs. Even then you'd probably still have to run suboptimal gear like those Gazu bracelets. And still falling short of the accuracy most melees have when they get out of bed. It's a struggle.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [92 days between previous and next post]
By smii 2023-04-06 19:11:22
Link | Citer | R

melee smn all the things 2023!

ItemSet 381729
[+]
By Tarage 2023-04-06 19:40:45
Link | Citer | R

Enjoy being hit once and dying because paper defense.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Chimerawizard 2023-04-06 23:20:43
Link | Citer | R

I'd suggest beckoner's doublet +3 for the higher perp- and dt-. Set looks too geared toward master to assume that's a set designed for the pet's TP generation.
If doing mythic staff trials, maybe also beckoner's pigaches +3 since Lv.75 staff + body won't cap your perp-.

Good set though. I didn't even think of using the sroda ear for my upcoming mythic trials until now.
By smii 2023-04-13 21:34:02
Link | Citer | R

I used it in apex parties, infinite am3 and mp. Good for am3 in escha before a boss. Good for derping on the monthly silver voucher NMs. Don't get charmed at the frog or the vampire.