Auto Stepdown From A Spell / Skill

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Auto stepdown from a spell / skill
Auto stepdown from a spell / skill
By Wyrmnax 2022-11-23 17:24:32
Link | Citer | R

So, I am trying to reduce the number of macros I have to use on a couple of jobs, and I need to find a way to cast Y if I try to do X and X is on cooldown.

Examples - Swipe if Lunge is on Cooldown, Fire 4 if I try 5 and its on cooldown.

Is there a way to do that?
 Bahamut.Punishment
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Punishment 2022-11-23 18:24:03
Link | Citer | R

It's a little sloppy but you can just put them in priority order in the macro.

Line 1 /ja "Swipe" <t>
Line 2 /ja "Lunge" <t>

Line 1 /ma "Fire V" <t>
Line 2 /ma "Fire IV" <t>
Line 3 /ma "Fire III" <t>

In this case Swipe/Fire V will go first if it is off cooldown, but if it's been used, Lunge/Fire IV will go off, and in the second case, if both are on cooldown, Fire III will go off.

You will see error messages this way, and also in fringe cases the wrong spell will go off depending on latency.

Gearswap can accomplish this by setting a spell map with a cast order and an alias for that spell map, so you would just do like /console gs c FireSeries or something to that effect, and it would cast the highest priority Fire spell thats off cooldown more intelligently. I've seen it done, but I'm not versed enough to illustrate here.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-11-24 06:02:36
Link | Citer | R

It also sends packets for all those actions to the server, which the legitimate client can't do. If you don't use gearswap, it won't work at all because the client will only queue one action packet per outgoing interval. If you really want something like that, you should probably take the time to make a function that will decide and only send one command.
 Asura.Alseyn
Serveur: Asura
user: Alseyn
By Asura.Alseyn 2022-11-24 06:12:48
Link | Citer | R

You could have a look at the 'degrade' parts of Arislan's luas and experiment with those:
https://github.com/ArislanShiva/luas/blob/master/Safiyeh-GEO.lua

I used his BLM lua and found that one line needed a fix to properly handle spell names with spaces when downgrading Aspirs (it only worked with Aspir and not Aspir II):

send_command('@input /ma '..newSpell..' '..tostring(spell.target.raw))

Should be:

send_command('@input /ma \"'..newSpell..'\" '..tostring(spell.target.raw))
[+]
 Asura.Yottaxa
Serveur: Asura
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2022-11-24 07:40:32
Link | Citer | R

If your looking for some ideas / logic, Elizabets RDM lib has some downgrade logic for nukes: I think you need the cancel addon with this logic though. Its pretty similar to Arislan's mentioned above.

https://github.com/Tunaliz/Liz_Gearswaps/blob/master/RDM_Lib.lua
[+]
By drakefs 2022-11-24 09:52:09
Link | Citer | R

I have been on this macro reduction kick too.

I stole some functionality form Elizabets RDM.lua and added some of my own, so I could cycle through elements. I have one gs command (macro) for nuking, it cast the tier V (which is also selectable) of the element selected. I also setup logic to set my default WS based on what weapon is equipped.

This is all started with summoner for me, I made my macros "summon aware" so I only needed one page of macros.

my RDM.lua
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-11-24 12:29:47
Link | Citer | R

Isn't that already a functionality in easynuke or am I mixing that up with one of my gearswaps?