Mov Speed Glitch With Emp3 Sab Grav (FFXI Math Vid

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Mov speed Glitch with Emp3 Sab Grav (FFXI math vid
Mov speed Glitch with Emp3 Sab Grav (FFXI math vid
By RadialArcana 2022-11-08 04:41:20
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

From what I can see from the video, if you use newly upgraded RDM body with Sab Grav2 it breaks the monsters mov speed to be turbo man fast and also breaks their tracking.

Not my vid, just sharing it if you didn't see it.

[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-08 04:56:28
Link | Citer | R

omg I'm loving this XD
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-11-08 05:37:57
Link | Citer | R

Yeah it's amazing. Shows again how much they lack QA staff.
[+]
 Fenrir.Svens
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2022-11-08 06:37:54
Link | Citer | R

Chainspell/saboteur an entire locus camp full of bots and hope you don't get banned
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-11-08 07:10:45
Link | Citer | R

lol... makes me wonder if stacking dusk gear and getting gravitied would do this to players.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-08 07:11:38
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
lol... makes me wonder if stacking dusk gear and getting gravitied would do this to players.
BALLISTA.
NOW.

NOOOOOOOOOOW!

Realistically though I don't think that would work. Players can already artificially get big negative numbers of movement speed simply by using third party tools and inputting a large neg value.
If that were the result, we would have seen it aplenty by now, with people messing around with third party tools like those.
By SimonSes 2022-11-08 07:18:13
Link | Citer | R

come on guys, maybe watch whole video XD He did it on player. It resulted in flee speed.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-08 07:22:23
Link | Citer | R

This thread reminds me of the time when pulling worms with automaton would cause worms to "slide" on the ground following the automaton lmao

How did they even manage to accidentally generate a bug like that I wonder?
How come BST and SMN and DRG pets never caused that, but PUP's pet did? XD XD
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-11-08 07:30:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Realistically though I don't think that would work. Players can already artificially get big negative numbers of movement speed simply by using third party tools and inputting a large neg value.
If that were the result, we would have seen it aplenty by now, with people messing around with third party tools like those.

Underflowing is when you decrement into the negative space, but then unsafely cast it as unsigned. 0xFFFF can be -1 or 65535 depending whether you're signed or unsigned. There's no difference between that and what you'd get if you used a 3P tool to put in a very high value for movement speed, which we know is possible.

The difference here is just that you could do it without 3P tools.
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-11-08 08:44:59
Link | Citer | R

Absolutely fantastic. Ya love to see it. I was having a ripe chuckle.
 Carbuncle.Tace
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: tace
By Carbuncle.Tace 2022-11-08 12:56:46
Link | Citer | R

We had some rdm gravity 2 shenanigans other night we were clearing delve mobs in sortie for box and we saved ice tiger for last pulled him back he was on the ramp almost on flat ground. i did the rdm saba full debuff including gravity 2 which sets his move speed to 0 and at like 25% hp he sunk into the floor and then proceded to teleport in the walls and moved back to main room by door but he was blinking so fast it was like goku instant transmission on crack until my gravity wore off and he went back to normal but that wasted like 7mins.
By Rips 2022-11-08 13:10:35
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »

Underflowing is when you decrement into the negative space, but then unsafely cast it as unsigned. 0xFFFF can be -1 or 65535 depending whether you're signed or unsigned. There's no difference between that and what you'd get if you used a 3P tool to put in a very high value for movement speed, which we know is possible.

The difference here is just that you could do it without 3P tools.

As a noob to what you’re talking about I find this fascinating. I didn’t even know 0xFFFF went to 4 F’s. Thought it was just 2. But I know nothing.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-11-08 15:38:37
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone tried going /sch, pulling a ton of mobs, and then doing Accession > Saboteur > Grav 2 ?
Preferably against mobs that always run fast and in a confined space. For science's sake.

Also, how does it work for mobs who lose aggro but still have it applied? I'd have so much fun messing with this if I could.

Edit: Just remembered that it's manifestation and probably doesn't work with Gravity II anyway.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-08 15:46:04
Link | Citer | R

It would be manifestation, and doesn't work on grav2

It also has no value in mpking bots, bots don't care how fast mobs run. And it has no effect on cleaves cause the pullers are invincible.

It really is only for fun.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-11-08 16:49:31
Link | Citer | R

Saboteur is weaker on NMs so it doesn't hit -100% on them, but I wonder if you could add on Indi-Gravity to reach the same effect.
[+]
By r34dy5t34dydr4w 2022-11-08 16:59:39
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Has anyone tried going /sch, pulling a ton of mobs, and then doing Accession > Saboteur > Grav 2 ?
Preferably against mobs that always run fast and in a confined space. For science's sake.

Also, how does it work for mobs who lose aggro but still have it applied? I'd have so much fun messing with this if I could.

Edit: Just remembered that it's manifestation and probably doesn't work with Gravity II anyway.

As Eiryl pointed out, Manifestation sadly doesn’t work with Gravity II. With all of the Enfeebling Potency equipment you can get, Gravity II (with Saboteur) will lock any vanilla non—NM in place. They can’t move at all. Against NM, the effectiveness is reduced, as Geriond noted. If you take no further action and are out of engagement range, they’ll de-aggro as expected but the Gravity II effect will last the full duration if unresisted. I’ve had mobs de-aggro and a full five minutes later, they’re still immobilized. It’s amusing.

Manifestation + Gravity + Saboteur is equally entertaining. The mobs will slow to a glacial place and if you simply walk away, they’ll de-aggro quickly but still be afflicted as described above.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2022-11-08 19:30:08
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Tace said: »
We had some rdm gravity 2 shenanigans other night we were clearing delve mobs in sortie for box and we saved ice tiger for last pulled him back he was on the ramp almost on flat ground. i did the rdm saba full debuff including gravity 2 which sets his move speed to 0 and at like 25% hp he sunk into the floor and then proceded to teleport in the walls and moved back to main room by door but he was blinking so fast it was like goku instant transmission on crack until my gravity wore off and he went back to normal but that wasted like 7mins.
can confirm Naakuals in sortie are not NMs so it works on them lol
[+]
 Asura.Doryl
user: Smacks
By Asura.Doryl 2022-11-09 01:58:20
Link | Citer | R

just tested it on low level monsters, and i didn't notice any problem in movement speed (speed was very very very low), Saboteur grav2 with saboteur had 4m06s duration (on Qu'fim leeches)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-11-09 16:02:16
Link | Citer | R

Was listening to this earlier. Seems appropriate. "Gravity... no escaping gravity".

YouTube Video Placeholder