Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Kirin's Osode and it's worth
Kirin's Osode and it's worth
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Oxbloodravenxo 2009-11-02 17:22:24
Link | Citer | R

At the moment i have a KO, NIN and BST are my jobs which can use it...
Since KO can be replaced with a Hauby for NIN....

I was thinking of selling KO considering my options of using a Bison Jacket, i may be losing 6 CHR for Charm but i i rarely ever use BSt since i'm mostly COR and RDM locked...

Any ideas or tips? KO is worth 2.5M on Sylph so... it might not be upgrading but it certainly is tempting lol..

Btw this is my CHR gear for BST, not exactly L337 but i do fine with it i think @@..

Clicky Clicky

Thanks in advance for tips, or anything :)
 Fairy.Tbest
Serveur: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-02 17:28:57
Link | Citer | R

*its
[+]
By Sylph.Oxbloodravenxo 2009-11-02 17:29:42
Link | Citer | R

Ehhh typo :P no matter @@.
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
Serveur: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-11-02 17:32:58
Link | Citer | R

sell osode > buy haub+1!
By Sylph.Oxbloodravenxo 2009-11-02 17:36:32
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Ultrarichard said:
sell osode > buy haub 1!

I'm not that into Nin really or Drk to buy a hauby+1 although i would consider it... i'm hoping to get a Adaman Hauberk from Einherjar one day soon @@.

Though of course it's like saying i'll one day get a relic or something <.< Aka. Not gonna happen :P.

I was thinking of investiging the money into bonecraft or maybe Cor gear since its my main.
By Sylph.Thegiftedmonkey 2009-11-02 17:39:24
Link | Citer | R

Just sell it. It doesn't seem you'll get much use out of it unless you plan to level Rng.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-11-02 17:44:26
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Thegiftedmonkey said:
Just sell it. It doesn't seem you'll get much use out of it unless you plan to level Rng.

Or SAM ;)

Hauby+1 is def a top buy for any of the jobs that can use it but if your not hot on NIN or DRK might as well sell it for COR gear imo.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-11-02 17:46:09
Link | Citer | R

By the looks of things, s/he doesn't need any more Cor gear.
By Sylph.Oxbloodravenxo 2009-11-02 17:46:58
Link | Citer | R

I'll keep these comments in mind :P. Thanks :D

Edit: There's a few things i could use like HQ Fire Staff, maybe some breeze rings, there's always ways to improve :s.
 Hades.Mmakk
Serveur: Hades
user: Mmakk
By Hades.Mmakk 2009-11-02 17:50:03
Link | Citer | R

If you only use it really for BST, it's not going to make much difference over Bison unless you solo a lot of NMs where mischarm = death. Osode was more of a wish list item on my BST, but I made no actual effort to get one until I started RNG.

For ws (not counting Nyzul ws) even a NQ Haubergeon in most cases will do better than Osode for BST and NIN. I've heard it helps with spells on NIN, but I don't have NIN nor have I seen any proof of this.

Also dumping the gil into a craft will in turn help create a new income which could mean turning around and buying Osode back later.

Edit: I see your BC is at 80 lol, so I should say "more" income by pushing it higher.
 Bahamut.Zorander
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2009-11-02 18:17:10
Link | Citer | R

Sell it! If you're having a hard time trying to find a reason to keep an item, why keep it? 2.5m is sweet and could go a long ways into another job you use more often.

Well says me at least..
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Serveur: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-02 20:41:19
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Oxbloodravenxo said:
Alexander.Ultrarichard said:
sell osode > buy haub 1!

I'm not that into Nin really or Drk to buy a hauby 1

BST can equip a Haub too y'know. And Osode is useless to NIN so it's only really BST to take into consideration. I'm not a BST so I can't comment on specific uses to that job, but most people assure me it's really not that great.

I would personally sell it and get a Hauby +1. You'll use it on DRK, BST and NIN to great effect; much better effect than Osode. You could just keep the gil either way, it never hurts to have more gil, especially with COR @ 75.
 Remora.Belius
Serveur: Remora
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-11-02 20:59:40
Link | Citer | R

As a career BST, I say if you have an apollo's the +6chr would not make that much of a difference unless you are a hardcore BST, solo'ing incredible 75+ NMS in areas that mobs that con VT or higher.

Which are few and far in between. Most of the pets you will ever use will be DC and the odd EM slime that you should really stay away from unless Tame is up.

The osode really just is aiming for perfection when comparing it to the rest of your gear (af+1, helm, etc).
 Fairy.Seraphita
user: rogueking
By Fairy.Seraphita 2009-11-02 21:08:13
Link | Citer | R

You cannot beat K.Osode for charming as far as a chest piece goes on BST. DD-wise, it lacks the damage enhancement of a Haubergeon or Hauberk. If you plan on any duo/trio BST for NM killing later ( like ZNM's or SCNM's), you'll kick yourself for getting rid of it. If NM camping or meriting on BST doesn't sound like your cup of tea, pocket that cash!
 Bahamut.Evilswine
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Evilswine
By Bahamut.Evilswine 2009-11-03 01:33:50
Link | Citer | R

Does WAR get any use out of KO? (well except Steel Cyclone which is the only thing that comes to my mind for WARs)
By Sylph.Oxbloodravenxo 2009-11-03 01:37:49
Link | Citer | R

Remora.Belius said:
As a career BST, I say if you have an apollo's the 6chr would not make that much of a difference unless you are a hardcore BST, solo'ing incredible 75 NMS in areas that mobs that con VT or higher.

Which are few and far in between. Most of the pets you will ever use will be DC and the odd EM slime that you should really stay away from unless Tame is up.

The osode really just is aiming for perfection when comparing it to the rest of your gear (af 1, helm, etc).

Good points :]
I may just end up selling then and investing in hauby+1 maybe :P i'm not aiming for perfection i just get what i get on bst.. if i see af+1 items drop and no one needs i'll use ect :P

So KO was really just that type of thing for me, all good ideas.

Thanks for the input all :P
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-03 07:31:01
Link | Citer | R

1) Sell Osode
2) Buy NQ Hauby
3) ????
4) Profit
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-03 07:42:27
Link | Citer | R

Not really in the mood to go through and read all the posts right now, but judging by the OP: Every job on the list for Osode WILL use it, at one point or another, and if you had more jobs that could use it, I would recommend you keep it around.

But you said it yourself. You really only use RDM and COR. That's like asking if I should keep my Hagun for my SAM I retired 2 years ago.

Sell it, buy some more pertinent gear.
[+]
 Fairy.Seraphita
user: rogueking
By Fairy.Seraphita 2009-11-03 10:05:50
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Mmakk said:

For ws (not counting Nyzul ws) even a NQ Haubergeon in most cases will do better than Osode for BST and NIN. I've heard it helps with spells on NIN, but I don't have NIN nor have I seen any proof of this.

The +10 INT helps the damage on the elemental line of ninjutsu. Kiting dolls in Dynamis when you lack BLM power would be an example.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-03 22:04:25
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Seraphita said:
The 10 INT helps the damage on the elemental line of ninjutsu. Kiting dolls in Dynamis when you lack BLM power would be an example.

<.<

I didn't know 75 NIN's still used them. :o
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-03 22:11:51
Link | Citer | R

Lol, just be glad you're not a NIN then. You wouldn't last a second c.c
[+]