users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Quality of Life Adjustment Wish List
Quality of Life Adjustment Wish List
First Page 2 3 4 5 6

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By RadialArcana 2022-10-10 15:17:39
Link | Citer | R

If a game removes all the roadblocks you have no reason to play, cause you just beat the game. Also nobody is "hooked" they are here becasue they want to be.

Just as is the case with Wow, Everquest, Runescape, Warframe, Overwatch, LoL or whatever other game.
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2022-10-10 15:18:51
Link | Citer | R

After playing this godforsaken game for what feels like an eternity and not having the ability to quit due to FOMO, the best QoL adjustment I can think of is to shut the servers down.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-10 15:19:16
Link | Citer | R

It's to make sure you're always waiting on something, so you always come back. Always burning a (multiple) timer(s) so you always feel the itch.

Those timers serve to keep you wanting and not doing everything in one month then quitting.
By RadialArcana 2022-10-10 15:21:21
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jedigamer said: »
After playing this godforsaken game for what feels like an eternity and not having the ability to quit due to FOMO, the best QoL adjustment I can think of is to shut the servers down.

Lets pretend they shut the servers down, till you leave.

Then we can carry on playing and you can disappear.
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-10-10 15:22:37
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-10-10 15:24:14
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »

:(
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-10-10 15:34:22
Link | Citer | R

The best QOL change would be to turn me into a trust and when summoned, logs into your discord to crack racist jokes and have you accuse me of not reading group chat while I out Dps your DD on brd just so he can rage about his 13 bucks a month while I ask who you think is the best waifu from cyberpunk edgerunners (davids mom), oh and spam your general chat with memes.
[+]
 Bismarck.Celerin
user: Celerin
By Bismarck.Celerin 2022-10-10 16:13:59
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
The best QOL change would be to turn me into a trust and when summoned, logs into your discord to crack racist jokes and have you accuse me of not reading group chat while I out Dps your DD on brd just so he can rage about his 13 bucks a month while I ask who you think is the best waifu from cyberpunk edgerunners (davids mom), oh and spam your general chat with memes.

I want a refund. I am in multiple discords with you and I have not seen racist stuff or seen you posted memes in any of them. One can say you are a perfect gentleman...
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-10-10 16:31:13
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Celerin said: »
One can say you are a perfect gentleman...
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-10-10 16:35:14
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Negan said: »
Bismarck.Celerin said: »
One can say you are a perfect gentleman...

I also rap

[+]
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2022-10-10 16:56:22
Link | Citer | R

Stonk incel vibes
By Draylo 2022-10-10 17:28:17
Link | Citer | R

This "FOMO" thing people keep repeating is so odd. How do you have FOMO in a 20 year old game? I just dont get it, especially given how the devs treat this game and its playerbase lol. Can literally come back every free period and complete majority of stuff.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-10 17:36:06
Link | Citer | R

You can't get it because it's illogical.

It's stupid, but works because the targets are also stupid. Yes, you could just stop playing right now, come back in one year, do the 2 new things they add for a month, and be done. But that's not how addiction works. You don't just pick up one pack every year, you keep buying more.

The human brain is so.... flawed. And easily manipulated.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2022-10-10 21:28:43
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
You can't get it because it's illogical.

It's stupid, but works because the targets are also stupid. Yes, you could just stop playing right now, come back in one year, do the 2 new things they add for a month, and be done. But that's not how addiction works. You don't just pick up one pack every year, you keep buying more.

The human brain is so.... flawed. And easily manipulated.
Depends on how you look at it. The mind does exactly what it operationalizes itself toward. It's pretty marvelous how adaptable it is.
By Thunderjet 2022-10-11 00:28:53
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Fun fact thats actually a thing in dqx online when i played 3 expansions story libe last year id go to inns and see lists of players who place themselves as trusts you can pay like 24 hour for like equivalent or 50k only but than you have multiple people doing that too and it stacks well for money, love that game I don’t know why square dont release english version gosh *** ff14 prolly becoz that
By Thunderjet 2022-10-11 00:29:49
Link | Citer | R

They can even setup a lists of spell that they can only use not just random like trusts
By billnes 2022-10-16 18:48:29
Link | Citer | R

People need to start using the official forums more, they actually check there.

Junk SE... I refuse to view their official forums... It's just an echo chamber for the companies propaganda. Dumbasses.
[+]
 Bismarck.Mazurat
user: Mazurat
By Bismarck.Mazurat 2022-10-17 11:28:59
Link | Citer | R

Customizable individual trust settings. A range select toggle you can change as needed (Close (for Tanks and melee) to allow me to TA onto them (so annoying having the tank in a position that puts you *just* outside of melee range), Medium range for casters, support and ranged characters, Far 15+ yalms for risky AoE's, Very Far for max casting range. This would help with the trust clusterfuck of having them get continuously nailed by nasty aoe's and debuffs which freaks the healer AI out and they start doing stupid stuff instead of keeping you/tank alive.

Being able to select or restrict directions to stand at for melee. Control over which buffs trusts will use. Being able to change distance and direction settings on the fly for the groups. I'm thinking something like Ctrl + P held and tap R to toggle the range for Melee, Ctrl + P and tap D(irection) to toggle the side they will stand on. Ctrl + M for mages/support. Could also possibly use CTRL/Alt F1-F6 to give individual settings on the fly. IE CTRL + F2 held and tap another button to change direction/Range settings on the fly for that specific character. Idk just random thoughts on how I would work it

Being able to equip trusts with equipment upgrades like your fellow. Give trusts access to Wardrobes for said gears (think gearsets so you don't have to equip each and every single trust with each and every single piece of gear and having said gears being removed from your inventory the entire time so it'll be a complete pain in the *** when you switch jobs and have to rob your trust gear back) Obviously restrict equipment that the trust and yourself are using to prevent you both from using it at the same time.

Being able to activate trusts without engaging. Be nice to prebuff, cure, raise, remove status ailments etc outside of combat. Its always the best ending a fight in the red HP with a Dia or Bio active and having all your healer trusts stand around doing *** all while they let you die. Or with the being able to select which buffs they use you could Mazurka/Jig/Bolter's to make exploring/travelling quicker.

Besides trusts I cant really think of much I'd like to see improved. I do find that as I age that little Golden Arrow to show which target you're on gets harder to see. I know there's an addon that changes it to a bigger blue triangle but idk what addon it is. Need to add a setting in the game to change the size/colour/visibility of it. Hell while you're at it have a toggle setting that prioritizes mob targeting over Trusts/NPCs/PC's. I don't really have an issue with it more than I find it slightly annoying sometimes to have a bunch of people/trusts around something you're trying to target/fight and having it target someone who just so happens to moving in a direction that changes the next target to something already past the mob or right into a crowd so you get lost in the milling sea of bodies just trying to target that one mob. /targetnpc hates me and usually targets something useless and its back through the sea of moving bodies again. Combine that with the diminishing ability to see the target marker if it makes a big jump and I usually just esc/Circle button and try again when I lose it (>_<)

Eliminating animation lock

Being invulnerable for like 3-5 seconds after accepting a raise so AoE's don't take you down again while the overly long animation keeps you in place or being able to immediately move instead of standing there, putting your weapons away, getting animation locked from the inevitable cure that wont prevent you from getting one shotted.

Displaying the amount of shadows remaining when you have more than 4

Not having spells cast on you cancel out NPC menu interactions. I don't mind if its an enemy spell that does it. But having my mule singing buffs shouldn't.

That's about all I can think of atm. Probably a million things more that escape me atm
[+]