First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-09-20 11:29:13
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I doubt they'd do this. There's gear with latent effects that activates only while engaged. Would allow players to just idle with a weapon and get the bonus. Also, I'm pretty sure the act of engaging requires a monster, with the way they designed it. Any change to that would probably need to be an entire battle system overhaul. Whenever you ask SE to do things like this, they just say "this is not possible" without ever reviewing it.
Yeah. That's the kind of thing I was suggesting back when they actually had a decent budget and crew working on the game. It's too bad they didn't make that change back then.
[+]
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2022-09-20 13:49:31
Link | Citer | R

1. No animation lock.

2. Universal bard instrument that you trade all the others in for.
[+]
 Cerberus.Gahlek
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Gahlek
By Cerberus.Gahlek 2022-09-20 14:24:21
Link | Citer | R

No getting interrupted on a ranged attack...
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
Serveur: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-09-20 14:36:31
Link | Citer | R

I'm too used to the targeting system from this game to change.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-09-20 15:10:12
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Esdain said: »
I'm too used to the targeting system from this game to change.
Yeah I'm not really sure how they could do it better. I almost wonder if concepts like the ability to omit certain targets from the Switch Target command or Auto-Target feature would be more doable as a Windower add-on or something.

Any fundamental changes to the way it works would probably feel forever weird. Like when I tried playing XIV and my brain couldn't wrap around the subtle differences in how switching targets worked in that game. Or when I repeatedly failed the tutorial on Red Dead Redemption because the controls were slightly askew from another game to which my muscle memory was attuned.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-20 15:23:41
Link | Citer | R

Any changes made should be optional. Allow people who prefer targeting monsters 20’ away to continue using the default option, but create a new option that always targets closest to the left or right, or always target unclaimed targets first. Ignore pets should be a mandatory adjustment. Nobody wants to target pets before the actual masters. That’s silly, but current system literally always picks pets first. It’s dumb. But give Default options and new modified options. That satisfies both groups of players
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Serveur: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2022-09-20 15:27:34
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Yeah I'm not really sure how they could do it better. I almost wonder if concepts like the ability to omit certain targets from the Switch Target command or Auto-Target feature would be more doable as a Windower add-on or something.
There are already such addons unofficially on github. I have no links for you but they exist. Biggest 2 were for Dyna and Ody.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-09-20 15:28:29
Link | Citer | R

Any changes made should be optional. Allow people who prefer targeting monsters 20’ away to continue using the default option, but create a new option that always targets closest target to the left or right, or always target unclaimed targets first. Ignore pets of a mandatory adjustment. Nobody wants to target pets before the actual masters. That’s silly, but current system literally always picks pets first. It’s dumb. But give Default options and new modified options. That satisfies both groups of players
The devs have been really good at giving players options when they make changes to settings.
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-09-20 15:55:08
Link | Citer | R

Ignore pets should be a mandatory adjustment. Nobody wants to target pets before the actual masters. That’s silly, but current system literally always picks pets first.

/ignore pet on
/ignore faith on
/ignore trust on
/hide faith
/hide trust

Enjoy.

(Ignore faith is the same as ignore trust though. Same with hide faith and hide trust. Just putting both options there for you.)
 Bahamut.Belkin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-09-20 15:56:27
Link | Citer | R

I thought /ignore pet on was only for other character's pets and not enemies. Am I mistaken?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-20 16:00:36
Link | Citer | R

Those commands do not work for enemies at all, which is what we are talking about in connection with the auto target system
[+]
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2022-09-20 16:17:07
Link | Citer | R

Nobody wants to target pets before the actual masters. That’s silly, but current system literally always picks pets first.

It didn't used to be silly, that was a method for solo leveling jobs, you would exclusively killing the pet and not the master. BST and PUPs did this and many BLM as well... that all said none of those were in an "auto-targeting" context.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sterk
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2022-09-20 16:36:02
Link | Citer | R

Allow more items in the treasure pool so we can cleave enemies without worrying about losing items or items going to the wrong party member.
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-09-20 16:46:44
Link | Citer | R

Those commands do not work for enemies at all, which is what we are talking about in connection with the auto target system

Ignore pets should be a mandatory adjustment. Nobody wants to target pets before the actual masters. That’s silly, but current system literally always picks pets first.

You said pet so many times, I thought you were talking about pets. My bad.
By zixxer 2022-09-20 17:20:47
Link | Citer | R

Variable lvl test dummies.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-20 17:31:31
Link | Citer | R

You said pet so many times, I thought you were talking about pets. My bad.

Yeah I meant this in conjunction with the auto target adjustments they said they would investigate. Not as a stand-alone command, since as you pointed, that already exists. Targeting pets, or far away targets when there’s literally one right on front of you during events is the absolute worst thing in modern content. That would also remove losing tp when you fire WS away from range unintentionally. Which is also my second irritant regarding the auto target system: You shouldn’t lose tp when a monster is too far away, you should just not be able to use it while retaining your TP
By zixxer 2022-09-20 17:43:33
Link | Citer | R

Topic.

I wish seals and crests just got sent to Shami automatically. They are a constant inventory -1 to -5 nearly at all times.

I know it wouldn't work without some tweaking and adjustments because sometimes you need to take seals and crests to NPCs like Maat, but still. Japan should be able to figure this one out.

Any QoL you would like to see?

What does Maat store? Didn't know he stored anything.
By Ranoutofspace 2022-09-20 17:52:05
Link | Citer | R

Maat doesn't store anything, but you need to trade him seals/crests for limit breaks.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-09-20 17:57:41
Link | Citer | R

There are so many things that should just skip "the square step" and go straight to the collector NPC. But alas, they want to it to purposely annoying.

Ah should skip the delivery box and go straight to the player (or garden box)((or consolidate))
Seals. Crystals. Merits, which they half fixed. All the augment stones. Skirmish wings. Hell dynamis drops in general, all of em.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-09-20 18:04:14
Link | Citer | R

1. Dual wield on all jobs while making dual wield trait better for jobs native to the ablity.

2. Bigger boobs on female characters
[+]
By Flatliner 2022-09-20 18:25:27
Link | Citer | R

Just my personal peeves:

1. A KI to make imprimptus refill faster (and probably a higher cap to go with it)
2. An item to learn blue magic 100% of the time. I really really hate the rng on this.
3. An alternate way to get Empyrean weapon mats. I don't need it to take less time, but the whole system is just absolutely mind numbing for me and I end up just completely avoiding jobs that need empyrean weapons.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-09-20 18:28:58
Link | Citer | R

1) already exists. You want it to work earlier though, I'm sure.
2) yeah, learn rate is dogturds.
3) already exists. not great, but you just missed it, your chance to get an entire 50/75 step done for free(*)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Horadrius
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Horadrius
By Leviathan.Horadrius 2022-09-20 19:39:26
Link | Citer | R

Bump the number of storable merit points to 90. Allows you to get nine 10-point phantom gems, six 15-point phantom gems, or three 30-point phantom gems, without having any extra merits.

Monomi: Ni

Add a home point to right outside Hazhalm Testing Grounds or move the one next to Talacca Cove.

Lower the Limbus/Einherjar lockout to 5 minutes instead of an hour.

Make all 75 ENMs uncapped ENMs. Some of us want Cloud Evokers!

Barring that, add Cloud Evoker/Monarch Orb to HTBF Ouryu's loot pool.

Now that I think about it, why not a HTBF against Bahamut?
[+]
By IGDC 2022-09-20 20:01:18
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Horadrius said: »
Lower the Limbus/Einherjar lockout to 5 minutes instead of an hour.

Even 10-20 mins would be sooooo much better. Would even enter into T2's (asura congestion problems) if I could go 3-6 times an hour.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-09-20 20:07:03
Link | Citer | R

Flatliner said: »
2. An item to learn blue magic 100% of the time. I really really hate the rng on this.
I've always said that for anything strictly random chance it would be nice if every failure bumped up your subsequent chances at least a slight amount. Even if the chance went up a fraction of a percentage every time, it would better equilibrate everyone's luck. Not to mention it wouldn't feel as awful because you'd still be a tiny step closer to your goal.

At least that way you don't have as many people going like 0/200 on their Leaping Boots or 0/250 on Mighty Guard.
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-09-20 20:22:23
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Horadrius said: »
why not a HTBF against Bahamut?

You can bet that's coming eventually. Once SE empties their plates of what is on deck for the next two years and people don't have Empy+3 and the end of TVR to cry about, they will have to start thinking of new "get excited for X". They will eventually add this battlefield. It is impossible to think they wouldn't add Bahamut and Phoenix as 1 hr SPs somewhere down the road.

At the moment though, The Phoenix dat doesn't have any battle motions animated so I'm not sure how it would work, but I'm 100% certain it will happen eventually.
By Draylo 2022-09-20 20:26:19
Link | Citer | R

I think they hinted at that a while back, so I think its coming too eventually. Exciting!
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-09-20 22:47:21
Link | Citer | R

They will keep dragging their feet on it for a while. They can and have milked TVR and Empy+3 for at least 2 years now. (BG wiki's first TVR mission page was created August 2020 so that.) Whatever those dark relics are going to be will be the new timesink (or gil sink for gil buyers and maybe mercs.)