ML SMN Subjob Potential?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » ML SMN subjob potential?
ML SMN subjob potential?
By leosmike 2022-07-24 12:39:19
Link | Citer | R

Is there a circumstance where sub-SMN would be viable now with the potential of SJ level 55 due to MLs?

I'm sure some of you have been thinking about it, or have ironclad reasons why it would just be a terrible idea out of the box, but I started thinking about it today and now I'm curious how you might suggest going about it.
 Odin.Creaucent
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2022-07-24 12:44:17
Link | Citer | R

Sub par buffs, debuffs that wouldn't land on anything worth it, Avatars getting one shot, Avatars doing no damage to anything that isn't level 55 or below. Do I need to go on? The niche things for sub job SMN is mainly mewing lullaby which was used for the Qutrub ambuscade the time before last months.
By SimonSes 2022-07-24 13:21:26
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Sub par buffs, debuffs that wouldn't land on anything worth it, Avatars getting one shot, Avatars doing no damage to anything that isn't level 55 or below. Do I need to go on? The niche things for sub job SMN is mainly mewing lullaby which was used for the Qutrub ambuscade the time before last months.

I think the whole idea is Avatar's Favor. you can get 12%DA from ifrit for example or 12% crit rate from Ramuh. That's pretty good bonus for lets say COR, GEO or BRD support, especially for multiboxers that uses them only for buffs.
[+]
 Asura.Aquatiq
Serveur: Asura
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2022-07-24 13:45:18
Link | Citer | R

SE knew those -avatar perp DM Valorous pieces would come in handy
[+]
 Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Rudra
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2022-07-24 14:27:33
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
I think the whole idea is Avatar's Favor. you can get 12%DA from ifrit for example or 12% crit rate from Ramuh. That's pretty good bonus for lets say COR, GEO or BRD support, especially for multiboxers that uses them only for buffs.
Sadly Geo cant really make use of this sub because of the luopan.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2022-07-24 14:54:52
Link | Citer | R

I've been playing around with it some for my brd when I'm not planning to make use of /whm or /dnc. its a nice little buff but I often either don't bother to change subjob for it or forget to. At least it only took all of like 20 min to put together a perp set for it.
By leosmike 2022-07-24 15:37:27
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
I've been playing around with it some for my brd when I'm not planning to make use of /whm or /dnc. its a nice little buff but I often either don't bother to change subjob for it or forget to. At least it only took all of like 20 min to put together a perp set for it.

Do you mind sharing what that set looks like so far?
By leosmike 2022-07-24 15:38:19
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Yiazmaat said: »
Is that because the avatar would replace the luopon? If so you're right, that is sad, and really stupid IMO >_<
By Nariont 2022-07-24 15:40:34
Link | Citer | R

Can only have 1 pet out at a time, so cant have a loupon and an avatar/puppet etc at the same time
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-07-24 15:58:22
Link | Citer | R

leosmike said: »
Do you mind sharing what that set looks like so far?

Probably something like Artsieq Boots (3), Evans Earring (2), and Assiduity Pants +1 (3).
[+]
By Nariont 2022-07-24 16:06:16
Link | Citer | R

Can get -4 perp on telchine pieces as well as instrument if you wanted more too
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-07-24 21:39:58
Link | Citer | R

Aoe blink or aquaveil could be useful depending on the content. Raise 2 and reraise 2 aren't bad either. I'm sure the healing is not good, so at least leviathan spring water aoe nas. Nothing amazing. Mewling is mewling.

The only arguement I could see is Dream Shroud at the correct time of day with Shiva's Avatar's favor for 25+ MAB to your party. You selfishly get more damage out of just /BLM for SCH and you can get the same kind of personal results /GEO out of Cardinal Chant in a burst setup plus a sprinkle of party MAB with Accumen.

Ramuh will beat /COR Rogue's roll if you NEED crit. I'm not sure anyone needs crit in a situation that allows /SMN. Still not terrible for ranged setups. Pet having to be withing 10 yalms of melee party members is less attractive.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
Serveur: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2022-07-25 17:22:11
Link | Citer | R

Avatar Belt is another great perp item for /SMN.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [133 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Tahngarthor
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Tahngarthor 2022-12-06 01:56:46
Link | Citer | R

leosmike said: »
Carbuncle.Yiazmaat said: »
Is that because the avatar would replace the luopon? If so you're right, that is sad, and really stupid IMO >_<

Luopans are pets, can't have two pets.

Pets don't replace each other, you're simply not allowed to bring out another pet if you have one already. PUP/SMN can't have puppet and avatar, GEO/SMN can't have luopan and avatar, GEO/PUP can't have puppet and luopan, it's been a thing since those jobs came out.
[+]