Level Sync With Master Level Farming

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Level Sync with Master Level Farming
Level Sync with Master Level Farming
By Elikins 2022-06-17 10:18:31
Link | Citer | R

Hi guys, i was wandering is there an exp penalty if you group up with players on a higher master level, and if so is it better to level sync in such cases? Or does none of that matter? Thanks
By Masunasu 2022-06-17 12:03:43
Link | Citer | R

Elikins said: »
Hi guys, i was wandering is there an exp penalty if you group up with players on a higher master level, and if so is it better to level sync in such cases? Or does none of that matter? Thanks

Not a penalty per-say, but exemplar points are based on the highest level in your party. For that reason most people level sync to the lowest because the differences in master level are not likely to meaningfully effect kill speed, but you may net a handful more EP per kill which will add up over time.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Creaucent
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2022-06-17 12:55:41
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Stayfresh said: »
Someone said in a party I was in the other day, that having a non-master in your party also reduces the exemplar points the people with master are getting.

No idea if that’s correct, but this guy shouts for master parties all the time.

Before i mastered my alts SCH i didnt see any decrease in EP and if its the same guy im thinking of who goes brd/cor to everything just ignore them.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-06-17 14:05:44
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Someone said in a party I was in the other day, that having a non-master in your party also reduces the exemplar points the people with master are getting.

It does not. The amount of mastery points everyone gets per kill is exactly the same. The exact amount is based on the highest mastery rank in the group. Anyone who is still earning job points has no impact on how much mastery you get per kill. It's also worth noting that when you level sync your target should be the person with lowest mastery rank, and NOT a person who is still earning job points. Otherwise nobody will get exemplar points because your level sync target took you down below mastery level range.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.