How Do You Feel About The State Of The Game?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » How do you feel about the state of the game?
How do you feel about the state of the game?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By Nariont 2022-06-21 12:19:34
Link | Citer | R

Isn't the fact that its new, it's the fact it's the only real content remaining, you had salvage II, you had legion, you had VW, and you had abyssea. for 6 man you had meebles, NNI, might be missing some events for both
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Shiehna
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Shiehna 2022-06-21 16:45:05
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
I've always wanted an iLevel limbus, and not that crap neo-limbux they made. I loved having to run through the different towers, carefully managing time while trying to get folks the most currency / AF upgrade materials. Had to approach the stages differently then finally build a pop set to fight the big bad guys, all fightable as an alliance. Really tired of these short timed fights with a party of six. That encourages hyper optimization, exclusive membership and people being huge *** to each other in the name of "progression".
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
I think the big complaint with Odyssey is that while yes, its only 1 event and other larger scale content exists, when you put the current best gear (for over a year running) in a limited space content, it breaks up linkshells that have existed for years.
I 100% agree with all of these points. We REALLY need more stuff like 119 Limbus/Salvage/Nyzule/Einerjhar/etc at this point in the game's life to help extend it farther. Also WHY do we still not in 2022 have a freaking 119 Bahamut HTMB?! >:( He's like the most iconic summon in the entire FF series! They could even implement both the Storms of Fate 6 man version and the tougher Wyrmking Descends alliance version. Like how they gave both the 6 man Ark Angel fights and Divine Might the 119 treatment. That would be totally awesome to be able to fight him again at modern content level.

Odyssey is unique content yes but the hyper optimize exclusivity of it is kinda BS honestly. That type of structure in endgame content really should be saved more for stuff like the Master Trials type content that is a pure challenge of player's skills, NOT for the primary main endgame content SE has put out for over 2 years now and has the best gear in the entire game for nearly all jobs.

If we had other new content to do the Ody issue wouldn't be nearly as detrimental to the player base. I'm personally okay with just having the base Ody armor at Rank 0 due to the FOMO grind burn out and dumb one moglophone per day limit (seriously SE, why?). But I know a lot of players want the armors at Rank 25, especially the Nyame set.
Draylo said: »
I get what you're saying but you aren't forced to do those things. Even if you sit on Odyssey and miss out, you can always do it later. It will be a good thing that you have too much to do. In reality the game has always been like that, we would want more things to add into that rotation.
stuoobey said: »
heh I remember those days, dyna, limbus, salvage, nyzul, assaults, sky pop farming, sky god farming, sea pop farming, sea god farming to name but a few. You need rest days though, you'll resent the game if you don't have breaks.
This is literally why I stopped playing in 2009. Was around from 2004 to 2009 and the 75 era kinda burned me out, especially the endgame LS stuff. That and the Playstation 3/HD gaming era was picking up steam back then so jumped into that as well. But yeah like a lot of people here have been saying, burn out in this game is very real. But since a lot of people are either new or returning players, we aren't all at the same level of burn out.

Since I came back in 2017, I've been playing catch up on the 99 era and Adoulin half of the 119 era. So now I'm getting to enjoy the more recent content that a lot of you guys are already done with and burnt out on. That's including the REMA weapons some since I never had any back then, at least they are a lot more soloable now aside from Aeonics. Basically saying the 8 year break really helped to not feel the burn out in current day FFXI. Especially since SE has slowed down a lot more on the new content now compared to back then.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-06-21 17:58:15
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Shozokui said: »
Even if you sit on Odyssey and miss out, you can always do it later.

I'd ask just about anyone who returned for the 20th about Odyssey catch-up if you're not too familiar. I did it once, I'll never do it again. I try to help people as much as I can because I know how terrible it is.

It isn't as bad as you're making it out to be. First off, if they were to return its highly likely most will have access to the bosses. That way they can simply do a v0 and buy the base set which is pretty much good for any content in the game lol. The only thing you'd want max aug'd odyssey gear is to do Odyssey at higher V levels, which isn't necessary for anything else in the game. I just don't see the urgency to upgrade these armor sets when we have nothing to use them on. Of course SE will release some new content but I doubt it will be hard and I doubt it will be completed in a timely manner. Rushing at this point is silly (or maybe smart if you cap and cancel your sub to save some dollars lol.)
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-06-21 19:25:11
Link | Citer | R

Don't beat them on V0, do V1 instead at least so you unlock to upgrade the gear to R15. R15 on those pieces is still extremely good.
[+]
By llAKs0nll 2022-06-22 02:00:39
Link | Citer | R

Even if you sit on Odyssey and miss out, you can always do it later.

I'd ask just about anyone who returned for the 20th about Odyssey catch-up if you're not too familiar. I did it once, I'll never do it again. I try to help people as much as I can because I know how terrible it is.

It isn't as bad as you're making it out to be. First off, if they were to return its highly likely most will have access to the bosses. That way they can simply do a v0 and buy the base set which is pretty much good for any content in the game lol. The only thing you'd want max aug'd odyssey gear is to do Odyssey at higher V levels, which isn't necessary for anything else in the game. I just don't see the urgency to upgrade these armor sets when we have nothing to use them on. Of course SE will release some new content but I doubt it will be hard and I doubt it will be completed in a timely manner. Rushing at this point is silly (or maybe smart if you cap and cancel your sub to save some dollars lol.)
So far I have taken 2 Jobs to M.Lv20 just via doing Segs nonstop and going to do a 3rd Job right afterwards. Seg farming is actually fun compared to other means of farming Exemplar Points. At the very least I would highly recommend stock piling Segs while Upgrading your M.Lvl on Jobs killing 2 birds w/ 1 stone. When it comes to the NM fights in Sheol Geol I am actually impressed by the amount of variety each fight allows. The fights are challenging and fun at the same time IMO at the least. Its like everything else in this game that takes time to complete. Well worth the effort if you are interested in being challenged.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2022-06-22 03:26:44
Link | Citer | R

Don't beat them on V0, do V1 instead at least so you unlock to upgrade the gear to R15. R15 on those pieces is still extremely good.
I keep hearing these sorts of claims but I just cleared V0 on a second character and had no difficulty getting r15 (getting rp from v20 runs where we never take the NMs below 75%)

[+]
By Kasumuni88 2022-06-22 06:13:08
Link | Citer | R

The sooner SE allows for more than 2 moglophones and 3 Moglophone II's the better.

I also think needing x3 II's to even enter NM's is slightly annoying. What's the difference between choosing to do 1 NM or 3? It maybe made sense when they first released it.
[+]
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2022-06-22 14:27:36
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
I keep hearing these sorts of claims but I just cleared V0 on a second character and had no difficulty getting r15 (getting rp from v20 runs where we never take the NMs below 75%)
I'm legitimately wondering which is the truth here, cause on BGWiki it also says you gotta clear at least V1 to augment the Ody armors and weapons. But yeah it sounds like from what you're saying it can be done from V0. Now I read on here months ago that when T3 and Bumba were first released that V0 USED TO let you augment the gear, but then apparently SE patched it and changed it to V1 instead.

The posts on here that were saying it was patched were from around December 2021. My main question is how long ago did you get that clear on your second char? Like what month? I only have V0 Bumba cleared on my main char, my alt char has no Ody clears yet. I haven't tried joining any RP runs cause I assumed I couldn't augment the gear with V0.

So I'm really wondering what is the real story here with V0/V1 for augs. Cause if you can still augment with V0 that would be awesome. Maybe they only patched Bumba/Nyame with V1 and not the T3 Bosses' gear? I guess we would need someone to test that with Nyame at V0. I could try to join a RP run and see if it will let me augment lol. It looks like from your pic that you can still earn RP even with only V0 clear.
Kasumuni88 said: »
The sooner SE allows for more than 2 moglophones and 3 Moglophone II's the better.

I also think needing x3 II's to even enter NM's is slightly annoying. What's the difference between choosing to do 1 NM or 3? It maybe made sense when they first released it.
Yeah for real, this doesn't make any sense why SE can't increase the KI when Omen has a higher amount. Ody has been out for like 2 years now, maybe when it was new I get it. But by now I don't really see the issue for them increasing the KI capacity. Also agree on the x3 mog II's being needed. We should be given the choice if we want to expend more than 1 KI when we enter Gaol instead of being forced to need 3 just to enter at all. You could still do more than 1 run if you had say 2 KI saved up.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2022-06-22 16:00:23
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bippin said: »
Why does it matter if it takes you a 1year to cap RP?

Always do something better when it can be done better. It's always worth the effort to do it the best way you know.

They've already announced their intention to stack another 5 ranks which will double or triple the RP requirements as R25 did. So unless you want to do Odyssey indefinitely, stay ahead of it or you'll never get out.

Not even going to touch the "You don't need to max out your gear" because c'mon... dumbest argument about a video game I've heard recently next to "Just play F2P Diablo Immortal, it's 100% the same"

Odyssey's design makes it so it monopolizes your time because there is no "time-efficient" way to get it done. I can't log on Saturday and do all of my week's segments in one go to free up every other day. You're going to do it at the pace they allow you to do it or you're going to make the choice to be deficient. Or worse yet, you're going to still stack in Odyssey while doing new content that's released. So you can do Omen, Dynamis, Odyssey, + new content in a week since it will almost certainly have a lockout/key item.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2022-06-22 16:53:17
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Shiehna said: »
I'm legitimately wondering which is the truth here, cause on BGWiki it also says you gotta clear at least V1 to augment the Ody armors and weapons. But yeah it sounds like from what you're saying it can be done from V0. Now I read on here months ago that when T3 and Bumba were first released that V0 USED TO let you augment the gear, but then apparently SE patched it and changed it to V1 instead.

The posts on here that were saying it was patched were from around December 2021. My main question is how long ago did you get that clear on your second char? Like what month? I only have V0 Bumba cleared on my main char, my alt char has no Ody clears yet. I haven't tried joining any RP runs cause I assumed I couldn't augment the gear with V0.

So I'm really wondering what is the real story here with V0/V1 for augs. Cause if you can still augment with V0 that would be awesome. Maybe they only patched Bumba/Nyame with V1 and not the T3 Bosses' gear? I guess we would need someone to test that with Nyame at V0. I could try to join a RP run and see if it will let me augment lol. It looks like from your pic that you can still earn RP even with only V0 clear.
cleared kalunga last saturday, got all of the RP before clearing, bumba cleared on v15 so can't test that.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-06-22 16:58:01
Link | Citer | R

Always do something better when it can be done better. It's always worth the effort to do it the best way you know.
Do what better? Get RP faster?

I think you missed the whole point, its a game play how you want. If you are having fun doing all that stuff and having that schedule go for it.

Just didn't sound like you were enjoying it.
[+]
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2022-06-22 17:28:50
Link | Citer | R

Not even going to touch the "You don't need to max out your gear" because c'mon... dumbest argument about a video game I've heard recently next to "Just play F2P Diablo Immortal, it's 100% the same"
I suppose you're also the type who would spend $16,000 on Diablo Immortal just to be the best at the game like some Youtube videos have been reporting? Sorry but multiple people on these forums aside from me have said you don't NEED Rank 25 Ody gear. Some Examples:
The only thing you'd want max aug'd odyssey gear is to do Odyssey at higher V levels, which isn't necessary for anything else in the game. I just don't see the urgency to upgrade these armor sets when we have nothing to use them on.
Phoenix.Iocus said: »
The mentality that you need to be on the tip of the spear is exhausting. The game is a lot more fun when you aren't intentionally trying to burn yourself out.
R15 on those pieces is still extremely good.
Draylo and Saevel are some of the top players on both my server and on FFXIAH entirely. For them to be saying it's not like super mandatory should speak for itself. I wasn't saying don't augment them, if you want to go for it. I was saying it's not NEEDED like Draylo mentioned for basically anything else in the game except higher tier Ody Bosses.

The armors at rank 0 are still like the best hybrid and overall armor in the entire game for all jobs between the T3 sets and Nyame. There's nothing dumb about holding back on some content to avoid where a video game ISN'T FUN ANYMORE cause you burned yourself out on it. I wasn't having fun anymore when I left FFXI in 2009 cause of this same type of burn out. Most people don't play video games to treat them like a job, if you aren't having fun why bother playing the game then?.
cleared kalunga last saturday, got all of the RP before clearing, bumba cleared on v15 so can't test that.
Awesome! Thank you for the info! So if you just cleared Kalunga and augmented the Sakpata armor this month at V0 clear, then I would claim at this point that SE never actually patched V0 for augs. Cause otherwise how was Jakey able to do that? If the clear was from last year that would be different, but since the clear was current that basically debunks the V0 aug issue. If I can get into a RP run for Bumba I'll try augmenting Nyame since I'm at V0 Bumba on my main char. My clear on him was this month also, so that would definitely help solve this V0 situation.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2022-06-23 01:06:43
Link | Citer | R

I don't think we'll ever agree here and it's a mentality thing:

The armors at rank 0 are still like the best hybrid and overall armor in the entire game

I don't think they're even worth using at all because of a complete lack of stats that actually make you do more damage. You're better off going for pre-odyssey reforged/dt/hybrid pieces in my book.

Goals are important. Achieving those goals in a timely manner to move on to the next thing even more so.

That's the point you missed from me. The game in no way respects your time.

Draylo and Saevel are some of the top players on both my server and on FFXIAH entirely.

Weird/gross flex on their behalf.

They're entry-level like they were designed to be. It puts them +/- 2018/2019 best-in-slot gear. That doesn't mean they're anywhere close to someone with a full set of R25 gear lol.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-23 10:31:15
Link | Citer | R

I don't think we'll ever agree here and it's a mentality thing:

They're entry-level like they were designed to be. It puts them +/- 2018/2019 best-in-slot gear. That doesn't mean they're anywhere close to someone with a full set of R25 gear lol.

I definitely agreed with your post as an entirety, but I do think this is a bit undervaluing of the R15 compared to either R0 or other gear options. No, they're nowhere near R25 of course- you're dead right on this. But when I look in particular at Sakpata, Ikenga and a few pieces of Agwu, I see options that do dwarf prior options when they hit R15.

Completely on the same page as you regarding the R0 comment earlier you replied to- I don't get the fascination outside of maybe Nyame for mage DT sets...but I've found that mages that use 5/5 Nyame as their -DT option have a nasty habit of ending up in yellow HP after precast/midcast sets...and that's just no bueno in my book as a mage.
By Nariont 2022-06-23 10:51:19
Link | Citer | R

There might be a few lackluste pieces at r15 but they're stil by and large the best at combining both offensive and defensive options, calling hem entry level is disingenuous unless the bar is strictly ody level content, in which case i guess its entry tier to taking on v20 and up? Still trivializes just about everything else besides ody though

Of the pure DD sets gleti's probably the one that loses out the most since it doesnt offer all that much in both TP and for WS it relies entirely on pdl, sakpata/mpaca/ikenga/aug'd nyame are all plenty solid though
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-06-23 10:54:04
Link | Citer | R

Draylo and Saevel are some of the top players on both my server and on FFXIAH entirely.
What does that even mean?

I don't think they're even worth using at all because of a complete lack of stats that actually make you do more damage. You're better off going for pre-odyssey reforged/dt/hybrid pieces in my book.

Would really depend on the job and set.
Sakpata even R0 would still get some use
Mpaca's Cap is likely better then old oseem stuff for SAM

Nyame would still be good for RUN DT/Meva sets without augments.
[+]
By llAKs0nll 2022-06-23 14:20:08
Link | Citer | R

That's the point you missed from me. The game in no way respects your time.
It takes upwards of 2 Hours to complete one Day Event of DynD. Omen is way more forgiving taking around 30min to complete such if that.

Why are we still complaining about Odyssey when it only takes 30min for Daily Segs run and maximum of 15min to do Sheol Geol NM fights? RP farming can take upwards of 1 Hour but again DynD is 2 Hours.

I thought the notion of 6 man was the Problem. Now it’s the longevity of Content yet this is an MMO. That’s how everything always works. It took me 6mths to just be able to flag Ergon Wpns and get myself Ygnas. Monberieux takes literally 2 full Years.

I don’t mean to sound as if I am dismissing y’all complaints. I just don’t see anything seriously that outrageous about the design to Odyssey warranting such annoyance & frustration other than maybe the daily collecting of Moglophones which I wish was more like Omen entry Ki.
By Nariont 2022-06-23 14:31:35
Link | Citer | R

llAKs0nll said: »
Why are we still complaining about Odyssey when it only takes 30min for Daily Segs run and maximum of 15min to do Sheol Geol NM fights? RP farming can take upwards of 1 Hour but again DynD is 2 Hours.

Because you are effectively punished for not doing it as soon as it's available due to how the RP grind works, which is unique versus the other content, this could be easily changed by allowing more KIs to be held, but in its current state that's how it is
[+]
By llAKs0nll 2022-06-23 14:36:02
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »

Because you are effectively punished for not doing it as soon as it's available due to how the RP grind works, which is unique versus the other content, this could be easily changed by allowing more KIs to be held, but in its current state that's how it is
I agree w/ this notion. I much prefer Omen KI system as I stated. Other than that I think Odyssey is a great addition content wise.
By Nariont 2022-06-23 15:33:19
Link | Citer | R

It limits you job wise for farming due to the dmg resistances being pretty skewed on blunt/pierce vs slash, good chunk of the gaol NMs limit you due to their own mechanics such as ongo, then theres the above KI issue, there's some good ideas in the event itself but its a bit of a mess overall and could have had some issues addressed early on, like they did with adding the moogle in the entry zone, but been largely ignored.
By stuoobey 2022-06-23 16:01:58
Link | Citer | R

They have to draw out content though, to keep people playing, if they gave more moglophones, people would be done quicker and run out of things to do.

FFXI is stuck in this loop of one major new battlefield every few years, which takes a year before they finish adding to it. They haven't got the manpower to add more, it's a shame, but it is what it is.

Although I do see more players taking a more relaxed approach to the game now, not really caring how long it takes, just enjoying the ride, casual endgame :)
[+]
 Valefor.Furyspawn
Serveur: Valefor
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2022-06-23 17:30:02
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »

Aye, and the longer you wait/take to do it, the less of a chance you'll have to get it done at all (if it never gets nerfed) because the people who did get done will have little reason to go back and do the segment farming necessary to help with fights, especially if better options to make gil appear. The pool of people working on RP will continue to grow smaller as people finish or give up, making it that much harder for new/returning players to catch up.

Consider how long it took them to add the 100-kills route as an alternative to unlocking +3 reforging for Omen and Dyna D, it could be years before any changes are introduced to Sheol Gaol to provide some form of catch-up mechanism, which will be especially detrimental if new content begins to expect augmented Odyssey gear.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-06-23 18:17:12
Link | Citer | R

Yall are worrying too much, most of the new content they will release will probably be able to be cleared easily without r25 gear from Odyssey... You won't *need* that for ages, until it probably wont matter anymore. We are going to have the same content to do for years. It reminds me of Voidwatch days, where as more and more people got their bodies they stopped doing runs. I remember having to shout for ages at one point because I was like 0/400+ on Pil and everyone finished him. Then that gear didn't even matter later. At least this content you can enter with someone who has access (or get it yourself) and do the BST cheese method.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-06-24 03:06:42
Link | Citer | R

stuoobey said: »
They have to draw out content though, to keep people playing, if they gave more moglophones, people would be done quicker and run out of things to do.

FFXI is stuck in this loop of one major new battlefield every few years, which takes a year before they finish adding to it. They haven't got the manpower to add more, it's a shame, but it is what it is.

I get that, and maybe im underestimating the work required but its been said plenty but theres dozens of old systems you can re-purpose, and if say making old non-ilvl stuff into ilvl then you have all of adoulin you could repurpose, the fact theres just no reason to run the older stuff at all is in large part what drags out what left there is to grind

most of the new content they will release will probably be able to be cleared easily without r25 gear from Odyssey... You won't *need* that for ages, until it probably wont matter anymore.

Probably, donno who said it 1st but im inclined to agree that maxed out ody gear is likely to be the "peak" or near of whatever this horizontal "119" tier is, least I can't see them going even further so soon
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2022-06-24 06:10:50
Link | Citer | R

Yall are worrying too much, most of the new content they will release will probably be able to be cleared easily without r25 gear from Odyssey...

Still missing my point. It's a game that's designed to be min/maxed. We have guides for every job/role on what's "best-in-slot". We have constant conversations about what the "best" is. We run simulations, have expansive spreadsheets, and have endless arguments about "Savage Blade" or "Upheaval".

So me expressing my opinion of how Odyssey is objectively abusive to your time because of its time-gated limitations and exclusive nature is 100% fair criticism of the developer's intent. They've already admitted that it's only abusive because they don't want the zone to implode from people doing it all at peak hours. It didn't work, it still runs like a 1973 Pinto, but it could be worse.

Come off it Napoleon, get yourself some dang perspective.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-24 07:38:33
Link | Citer | R

We can spin it around the block again a few times if y'all want...in the end its us players that abuse ourselves via the systems given to us by SE. And the fault is on both ends- us, for always falling into that BiS discussion trap, and SE's- for not understanding their own playerbase that has been the same for 20+ years and their tendencies.

How someone who runs a gaming company this long could not forsee "oh, our customers get addicted to grinds really easy. If we truly wish to abide by that saccharine warning when they log in, maybe we shouldn't release content with such a timer on it that forces constant participation."

How we some 15-20 years later remain the same people who set alarm clocks to wake up for HNM camps, still doing it for Moglophones?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-24 07:42:05
Link | Citer | R

This, but, it's not that they "don't know" it's that it's done on purpose. That's important.

It's not ignorance, it's malice (indifference? anything for money etc)
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-24 07:47:57
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
This, but, it's not that they "don't know" it's that it's done on purpose. That's important.

It's not ignorance, it's malice (indifference? anything for money etc)
agreed- if SE is going to feign ignorance on this fact, I'll allow it...but they can't run from what that ignorance implies.

SE can be either indifferent to how their products effect their customer, or they can be ignorant. But if they play ignorant, then they have to admit to shareholders that their management doesn't know how to safely market to the public without causing abuse and have a lack of understanding of their market. I say let 'em sit in the catbird seat of ignorance- and really have to live it.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-24 07:51:45
Link | Citer | R

Wouldn't it be nice to live in a world where morals mattered. But no, alas we do not.

Integrity. Values. Pride. Are worth nothing. But money, money is worth money. Everything comes after money.
[+]