Nyame Path C....

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Nyame Path C....
Nyame Path C....
First Page 2 3 4 5
By Kasumuni88 2022-06-13 07:16:43
Link | Citer | R

I have yet to witness anyone doing path C on Nyame.

Has anyone found any use for it? Has anyone seen someone with it?
By Aricomfy 2022-06-13 07:51:48
Link | Citer | R

Nyame Path C is obviously the new bare minimum set needed these days for all BLU in Reisenjima AoE job point parties.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-06-13 08:17:04
Link | Citer | R

Kasumuni88 said: »

Its probably the best set for almost any nuking, especially magic bursting. Its MASSIVE boost to NIN nukes, especially bursts (like over 50% better than alternative, which is mostly other path or base Nyame). The problem is path B is simply too strong and not even main NIN or BLU which would love this for nuking won't make it, because path B is crazy good for few best WSs on both jobs. So unless they will drop rare status from Nyame, path C is as real as Yagyu Darkblade from Bonanza.
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-06-14 11:01:30
Link | Citer | R

Nyame is a stupid design decision and should be deleted from the game
[+]
 Asura.Bixbite
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Bixbite 2022-06-14 12:07:14
Link | Citer | R

Another problem with Path C is you kinda need Path B to actually clear Bumba v20 and upcoming v25 if you are the dragoon, geomancer, bard or corsair. So its Rank 20 path C vs Rank 25/30 Path B.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-06-14 12:08:30
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
I don't want to customize my character at all, it should be the best at all jobs in all situations and all characters should have the exact same potential. This makes my character unique and interesting. I learned this is my game design higher education.
By Nariont 2022-06-14 12:14:24
Link | Citer | R

It's the CoP ring/DM selection option all over again, only worse since the gaps pretty huge until more alternatives appear, the other rings/earrings might be best in slot for that specific function but its so niche or marginal compared to what the rajas ring/suppa provide to everyone that it's pretty silly not to take it over the others. A and especially B just provide so much more to everyone than C and especially D(joke path so far really) that picking those 2 is just a "waste" of a piece
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-06-14 13:33:25
Link | Citer | R

Really wish they could let us change the paths as we can with Abjuration gear
[+]
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2022-06-14 14:58:41
Link | Citer | R

I think they should allow us to take multiple paths on Nyame and take the rare rating off of it. All 3 sets, yes plz!
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-06-14 15:18:07
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Otomis said: »
I think they should allow us to take multiple paths on Nyame and take the rare rating off of it. All 3 sets, yes plz!

That'd make for an awfully boring gearing meta and process.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2022-06-14 15:43:57
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Disclai said: »
Asura.Otomis said: »

That'd make for an awfully boring gearing meta and process.

Yeah.

TP set: 4/5 Nyame and one of af/relic/empy/job-appropriate ody set.
DT set: 4/5 Nyame and one of af/relic/empy/job-appropriate ody set.
WS set: 4/5 Nyame and one of af/relic/empy/job-appropriate ody set.
Nuke set: 4/5 Nyame and one of af/relic/empy/job-appropriate ody set.

Yeah.

No.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-06-14 15:54:18
Link | Citer | R

Not to mention:

Guys I think I'm going to level SAM, I've been really enjoying WAR. OK I hit level 99, now it's geared since it can wear my Nyame, Nyame, and Nyame.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-06-14 17:56:07
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Not to mention:

Guys I think I'm going to level SAM, I've been really enjoying WAR. OK I hit level 99, now it's geared since it can wear my Nyame, Nyame, and Nyame.

What are the top 5 sets in the game?

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-14 18:02:55
Link | Citer | R

Ok wait, serious question.

You all insist on trying to wear literally identical gear as every other (job) so why would you say having all 3 nyame sets is any different. (4 but lolnyameD)

What's the difference between every. single. war. using the exact same ws/tp sets (they find here) and every. single. person just wearing nyame. They're literally the same damn thing. how you gonna feign annoyance over nyame sets when you *** copy paste your gearswap file.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2022-06-14 18:44:15
Link | Citer | R

Ya I don't really care which set everyone happens to be using.

I'm rather split on taking nyame off rare, on one hand it feels really bad not being able to get access to A for jobs that lack malignance or sakpata, and I really wish I could have some fun with C.

On the other hand I like to do other things besides ody and just making the best sets for nearly everything on all jobs all from one fight seems not great.

I would be in favor of either nerfing the sets, make A slightly worse than malignance for example, and making them all available but I really doubt SE would do that.

I would settle for just making it easy to switch between paths so you can at least play around with different versions and so as new gear comes out you aren't locked down the wrong path and have to drop and restart.
[+]
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Serveur: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2022-06-14 20:07:30
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Kasumuni88 said: »

So unless they will drop rare status from Nyame, path C is as real as Yagyu Darkblade from Bonanza.

This is accurate!
[+]
By Aerix 2022-06-14 20:17:14
Link | Citer | R

Nyame was a terrible decision in terms of game design due to massive power creep, but I'd still take it over DM augments for WSD any day.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-06-14 20:52:19
Link | Citer | R

Path B is the only reason I'm willing to gear BST again. I'm not rolling DM for WSD and MAB on Valorous. Seriously F that
By Afania 2022-06-17 14:52:22
Link | Citer | R

Aerix said: »
Nyame was a terrible decision in terms of game design due to massive power creep, but I'd still take it over DM augments for WSD any day.

It's more of an Odyssey progression problem to me than Nyame itself. I personally don't like how "vertical" Odyssey progression system is, and how this set feels more like reward offered to people who finishes the grind of this content, not because they focus on a job.

For example, in Omen/dyna D era, if I want to work on a job's JSE, I focus on that. Farm job cards, farm gil to buy mat. Once I'm done this job is immediately available to play in endgame. Then I work on my next job.

Now? It's more like I'm not allowed to play DD in harder content unless I finish Nyame set or close. Once I'm done with Nyame immediately I'm done with this WS set for 22 other jobs. It's so.... not FFXI lol.

That's the only problem I have with Nyame. It should have been job specific sets with less grind, like Omen or dyna D. That'd probably make Odyssey more enjoyable.

Stat wise, I think Nyame B is WS set done right lol. Unless SE can fix equipset 1 sec window, I think it's better to have DT on a WS set. Like wise I also like how SC bonus is on the same set as WS.

I don't think Nyame kills gear set variety despite many people believe so. I have many more DT- sets now than 2 years ago. Nyame 5/5 also isn't the best choice for many WS.

I wish empy can replace some of the Nyame or at least be a competitive alternative, so people without an ody group can use something and still able to participate bumba v20 zergs, and still do enough DPS for a high chance to win. Atm Odyssey kinda separate the community into 2 groups: DDs done with Ody and elite, and DD without a group for ody and gimp, with no grey area in between. This isn't horizontal progression, it's very vertical atm.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-06-17 15:04:41
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
I don't think Nyame kills gear set variety despite many people believe so. I have many more DT- sets now than 2 years ago. Nyame 5/5 also isn't the best choice for many WS.

Not sure how true that'll hold at the next tier of ranks, plus whatever this extra slot adds potentially, most of the WS sets use most of the nyame set with the difference being minimal to the point the extra scd/dt/hp could easily compensate for that dip.

Empy will likely be the bridge to get people into clearing ody more easily but I have to wonder if max ranked ody gear is meant to be the top-end gear even once this newer content/gear comes out
By gargurty 2022-06-17 15:13:18
Link | Citer | R

nayame is very good for mage jobs, they lacked a nice dd/ws set for a long time:)
[+]
By Aerix 2022-06-17 19:14:51
Link | Citer | R

I wish empy can replace some of the Nyame or at least be a competitive alternative, so people without an ody group can use something and still able to participate bumba v20 zergs, and still do enough DPS for a high chance to win. Atm Odyssey kinda separate the community into 2 groups: DDs done with Ody and elite, and DD without a group for ody and gimp, with no grey area in between. This isn't horizontal progression, it's very vertical atm.

I don't disagree with the other stuff you said, but Nyame progression isn't that black or white. You don't have to jump straight into v20 to get it, there are vengeance tiers for progression for a reason. Bumba v15 is very doable with the old gear and then eventually you'd have R20 Nyame to clear Bumba v20. Hell, you could even start at v5 or v10 if your PUG or fresh static aren't that strong yet and it works for all armor sets.
[+]
By Afania 2022-06-18 01:29:57
Link | Citer | R

I don't disagree with the other stuff you said, but Nyame progression isn't that black or white. You don't have to jump straight into v20 to get it, there are vengeeance tiers for progression for a reason. Bumba v15 is very doable with the old gear and then eventually you'd have R20 Nyame to clear Bumba v20. Hell, you could even start at v5 or v10 if your PUG or fresh static aren't that strong yet and it works for all armor sets.

Yeah, I understand the concept is more like vertical progression MMO now. You beat tier 1 for worse gears(R15) then tier 2(r20) then tier 3(r25). It's not a "wrong" design.

It just doesn't feel very "FFXI" lol. FFXI has always been a bit more horizontal than this. like you do omen for 1 wsd gear then dyna D for another wsd, and ambu for another...then players pick and choose which gears to get and which content to do based on priority.

And I personally don't prefer the current system at all, since I'm a huge fan of horizontal progression system. I hope SE bring it back with empy.

Nariont said: »

Not sure how true that'll hold at the next tier of ranks, plus whatever this extra slot adds potentially, most of the WS sets use most of the nyame set with the difference being minimal to the point the extra scd/dt/hp could easily compensate for that dip.

From what I've seen Nyame is good for hybrid WS and SB. For dex AGI based or 2 hit with these mods some slots can be a bit behind depending on jobs. Also it has no PDL+ so at capped attack some pieces are not used too.

Overall I wouldn't say currently Nyame 5/5 all things is by all end all the best way to gear for WS. Although it's surely a lazy but effective option that didn't exist in FFXI before :p it's more like people using generalized sets for every job now has better performance than before.

It's possible that at r30 it's going to be the best set. But I can't comment until I see the stats of empy and augments.
[+]
By Aerix 2022-06-18 04:09:22
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I understand the concept is more like vertical progression MMO now. You beat tier 1 for worse gears(R15) then tier 2(r20) then tier 3(r25). It's not a "wrong" design.

It just doesn't feel very "FFXI" lol. FFXI has always been a bit more horizontal than this. like you do omen for 1 wsd gear then dyna D for another wsd, and ambu for another...then players pick and choose which gears to get and which content to do based on priority.

And I personally don't prefer the current system at all, since I'm a huge fan of horizontal progression system. I hope SE bring it back with empy.

The point wasn't about the vertical progression, but rather your comment about needing Empy as a Nyame alternative to do v20 and that Ody has split the community. Nobody ever needed Empy to participate if you just worked your way up along v5, v10, v15 to v20 to augment Nyame. v5-v15 should be very PUGable even these days. The difference between R20 and R25 augments is relatively minor, so it's not that impossible to measure up to "elite" players even if v20 is out of reach.

Chances are the upgrade process for Empy won't be quick and easy to quickly get pieces as Nyame replacement anyway.

I agree that horizontal progression is far superior and I'd love to go back to it, but Odyssey isn't going anywhere and probably won't be replaced at this point in the game's life.
[+]
By Afania 2022-06-18 05:51:49
Link | Citer | R

v5-v15 should be very PUGable even these days.

V5 yes, v15 not really from what my experience.

Unless the PUG is actually having LSmate/friends with high Odyssey progression sitting on DD slots, not real PUG with 5 members from PUG community. And I'll explain why:

so it's not that impossible to measure up to "elite" players even if v20 is out of reach

You completely missed players social behavior with the above statement though. But first let's figure out exactly where does DD sit with pre-ody BiS, pre-ody average gear, and r20 5/5.

Checking my cor spreadsheet, in attack uncapped situations, a Nyame 5/5 SB cor against mobs with 1k defense and 40% attack boost from chaos roller, manually added naeg bonus cuz I don't think it's properly implemented:

I am getting 43400 WS avg using Nyame r25 5/5.

If I use pre-ody BiS including Lake+3 body, Megh +2 hands, Lanun +3 feet and 2 pieces of wsd +10% DM augment herc:

I am getting 35098 WS avg using pre Ody BiS gears.
That's about 19% WS avg difference.

If you don't have wsd +10% DM augment, only something avg, like STR +8 wsd +4% attack +10 pieces x2:

I am getting 34044 WS avg. Aka close to 21% behind.

What about Nyame r20 5/5?

I am getting 40721 aka 6% behind.

Here is the thing: although Nyame r20 5/5 guys seems relatively close to r25 5/5 guys, if you are pugging a v15 run fat chance is that you will NOT get someone with r20 5/5 saying that they want to join your pt. Because they don't need any RP from bumba as their Nyame is capped until they get v20 clears.

So 99% of the time, from PUG you'll get someone that's 19% behind minimum. And that is IF they even have pre-Odyssey BiS aka at least 2 pieces of wsd +10% DM augment and omen/dyna D/ambu WSD gears.

More than half the time, you'll get someone that's even further behind without dm aug nor even omen/dyna D wsd JSE done. Because at this point doing omen/dyna D for older wsd pieces seems like a waste of time since Nyame replaces them. So many people frequently skip these too.

So yes, very frequently, a bumba v15 PUG with members purely from PUG community usually won't do enough DPS, even for v15. I almost always have to drag someone from LS with Odyssey progression to help and ensure a win if I PUG v15-v19 runs. Or else the chance of not doing enough dmg before fetter is very high if all 5 members are from PUG community without a group.

I mean I got that SE wanted players to climb the Odyssey progression ladder using pre-ody BiS gears or close. Realistically players will simply skip the progression ladder by playing support for their group/LS in v15/v20 runs until their DD is done with Nyame. Leaving everyone else without a LS having less choices in PUG.

And that's not start with utterly noticable difference in C run pt. Segment gain in PUG generally avg 5k-9k, a pt with high Odyssey progression members starts at 12k minimum, some pt with aggressive pulls even hit close 15k it seems. Even if all these pt uses mostly the same setup and strategy. And that means DD with an Odyssey group aren't going to join PUG for less segment gain.

So yes, I think the way Odyssey progression works separates community. PUG generally has worse performance in MMO, but the difference between a PUG ambu VD pt in 2018-2019 wasn't as huge as Odyssey pt now from my experience PUGing many things for years.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-18 07:03:55
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Aerix 2022-06-18 07:05:37
Link | Citer | R

You completely missed the point again. Your examples of previous BiS gear or DM augments mean nothing, because even a shitty team can clear v1 Bumba and start augmenting 5/5 Nyame up to r15 to get very decent WSD augs to then subsequently clear higher vengeances.

Your insistence on v15 or v20 for maximum efficiency to even start with is precisely your main issue here and why you are seemingly having trouble even breaking into the content. There's nothing wrong with starting slow even if it takes longer to farm all the segments to augment via lower vengeance clears.

Edit: And yes, I realize that the general (Asura) PUG mentality isn't willing to do anything less than the highest difficulty. Might as well start assembling a static or a Discord of people who won't scoff at the notion of doing lower runs if needed.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-18 07:07:55
Link | Citer | R

oh- and the only people I feel bad about for Odyssey progression are those who wanted to from day one on smaller servers but couldn't get into one of the limited statics we see in the backwoods FFXI of non-Asura, non-Bahamut.

It rewards groups that stick together, and isn't very pickup friendly. Those who chose to put it off while having the opportunity earlier and skipped it- well, in my experience those are the ones who got a friend to "get my group our v15 clear" for most of the mobs, never really bothered to learn mechanics of the fights, and just cheesy-threesie'd RP after someone else got a single person for them access.

So yeah- they didn't do the climb the way that helps a group get stronger, they skipped right to the end via friends or gil...and then wonder why its so exclusive? With the majority of players with RP'ed Odyssey gear getting access/clears/RP that way, why should the average static group trust any pickup?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-18 07:08:35
Link | Citer | R

You completely missed the point again. Your examples of previous BiS gear or DM augments mean nothing, because even a shitty team can clear v1 Bumba and start augmenting 5/5 Nyame up to r15 to get very decent WSD augs to then subsequently clear higher vengeances.

Your insistence v15 or v20 for maximum efficiency to even start with is precisely your main issue here and why you are seemingly having trouble even breaking into the content. There's nothing wrong with starting slow even if it takes longer to farm all the segments to augment via lower vengeance clears.
exactly- I want my shinies, I want it now, I am too good to do the easy version and learn, I just want my shinies!!!!!
By SimonSes 2022-06-18 09:16:44
Link | Citer | R

What are we even talking about...
You are super lucky to get v15 and v20 clears from LS Afania, so what are you crying about? Clear is all you need, you can easily farm v15 or even V20 solo. SE made it extremely casual friendly and all you need to do is do 5% damage in 3 fights and you will get almost as much RP on the NM you use amplifier on as party that kills it.. Every pug can do 5% to Bumba v15-v20 and farm it without any issue so seriously I have no idea whats the crying is about >.>
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5