What Do Want In Prime Weapons?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What do want in Prime Weapons?
What do want in Prime Weapons?
First Page 2 ... 12 13 14
 Asura.Topace
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2022-06-02 18:25:31
Link | Citer | R

With the introduction of Prime Weapons soon. What do you want to see in them? We can only hope they are job specific but that would require SE to do work.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-02 18:39:38
Link | Citer | R

couple wants, but I'd never expect all of these. Just some ideas I've wondered about that would be desired.

1. Dark versions of Relic Weapons that include post-Zilartian Jobs on them (RUN on Ragnarok-equivalent, BLU on Excalibur-equivalent, etc) and upon completion, unlock the connected weaponskill to be used with any weapon. If all it did was allow me to use Scourge on RUN, Coronach on COR, and Catastrophe while using a Redemption....I'd be happy as a clam.

2. Non-primary weapon types for jobs. Dagger for RDM, Axe for RNG, Bow for SAM, Mace for PLD, etc. We've got great options for almost any job in terms of melee damage for their main weapon type, and Ambuscade weapons allow us to have an "almost-RMEA" leveled weapon of different types for jobs (Naegling for all, a good polearm for SAM and WAR, a killer dagger for almost everyone- these kinds of things). I like that option a lot to not just build another Scythe on DRK, or another GAXE on WAR, etc.

3. Legitimate mage options designed to enhance their casting, not be cookie cutter versions of melee weapons that mages just can't maximize. A few get them right (as mentioned in another thread), but the majority of mage RMEAs are not beneficial to the job's central purpose.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-06-02 18:57:55
Link | Citer | R

A return to mythic level or more recently dyna weapon job enhancement ideas, even if they dont pan out most saw some utility use, hopefully wont be another empy/aeonic line where theyre all the same
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2022-06-02 19:02:02
Link | Citer | R

I want a shuriken that I can throw, and it doesn't get lost.

or a gun for ninja haha.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-06-02 19:03:20
Link | Citer | R

Honestly just hoping its not the weapons that have been part of Mog Bonanza recently.
[+]
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2022-06-02 19:08:28
Link | Citer | R

Ideally weapons that free most jobs from Naegling, but that level of power creep would be insane.
By Onimaru 2022-06-02 19:29:25
Link | Citer | R

Nerf naegling 1st, then we'll talk about new weapons.
[+]
 Shiva.Carrelo
Serveur: Shiva
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2022-06-02 19:38:06
Link | Citer | R

A quest that doesn't send you back to original dyna to get attestations and fragments for no reason. (:
[+]
By Hopalong 2022-06-02 19:38:22
Link | Citer | R

I bet they ninja nerf naegling... something like halve the contribution of buffs.
 Bahamut.Mhysa
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Nathoo
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2022-06-02 19:41:01
Link | Citer | R

WHM Club to be useful, maybe purple glow? :D
[+]
By Draylo 2022-06-02 19:43:56
Link | Citer | R

Would be nice to have unique spells tied to the mage ones. Bahamut summon
[+]
By Onimaru 2022-06-02 20:01:02
Link | Citer | R

Saw a drg the other day using naegling. Broke my heart.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-02 20:06:42
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Mhysa said: »
maybe purple glow? :D

I think this may be the one thing we can without a doubt expect.^^

SE loves their purple, originally the color of royalty and now seen as the color used to imitate importance while in reality being empty.

(if you ever want to see an artistic representation of this thought in pop culture, rewatch 'Breaking Bad' and pay attention to Skylar's sister's attire/home/accessories.)
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-06-02 21:53:17
Link | Citer | R

I totally have a saga singer for lock style just for that purple glow. Ambu Weapons be damned, you can pry it from my cold death hand.
----
I'm torn because Prime Weapons can be very job specific if they only add the usual suspects to them but they can also be extremely inclusive if they add more jobs.

For sword, RDM/PLD/BLU share some overlap in that they can all tank, nuke, cure, and dd to some extent or another. They probably won't make a better tank sword than Burtgang, so PLD loses out if that's the single focus. Curing focused sword that had an extra feature like a curaga WS like a HP moonlight could be fun. WHM won't like seeing it most likely. A nuking sword for all 3 would need to give an extra umph to PLD since their kit outside of Divine seal or vs undead isn't exactly a highlight but it could still be workable. A DD sword feels like a waste since all 3 jobs have very different needs when it comes to how they dps and what is required to enhance them. Plus if it doesn't beat Naeglin idgaf. Finding a good common thread might be difficult but not impossible.

On the other hand, if you let lots of jobs on all the prime weapons then you make the weapons into accessibility to weapon specific perks and you balance the jobs based on what they can and can't equip. Example, you make Club usable by WAR/WHM/PLD/BLU/GEO and the club is all about donking the crap out of mobs with blunt damage with good general melee stats. You sprinkle a some concentrated support that targets WHM/GEO more specifically because it's their normal weapon that isn't applicable to the other jobs like -Ra spell potency up (so like Cura and Fira) to add the benefit that they are up in melee range. If they use the Prime staff to generically address the nuke wall then GEO and maybe even WHM can be on it too but they don't have any extea job specific buffs and WAR/PLD/BLU aren't on staff because it's a nuking piece. WHM can also be included in the shield with PLD getting an extra bonus but WHM getting a desirable slot upgrade.

That way jobs have access to a Prime weapon that is focused on their job, but also has access to weapons they normally wouldn't get an ultimate version of that would be the best version of that type they could acquire. I personally like this idea more only because it encourages you to build lots of prime weapons.
[+]
 Phoenix.Quince
user: Quince
By Phoenix.Quince 2022-06-02 22:54:50
Link | Citer | R

I think it would be cool if they brought back the campaign only weaponskills, but since there was only 3 i doubt they will.
By Nariont 2022-06-02 23:05:39
Link | Citer | R

only 3 tied to weapons, theres quite a few in total actually
https://youtu.be/ej8D6DuiwQw
[+]
By llAKs0nll 2022-06-02 23:40:34
Link | Citer | R

SE needs to create NEW hybrid WS for the Newest addition Nyame that everyone farmed up just so we have Updated WS Animations as cool looking as our Main WS that are not old WS from 2002 release. For instance on my NIN Blade: Chi looks OLD compared to Shun or Hi and its amazing Dmg but an incredibly lame looking Animation. Thats all I want tbh from such. Anything less would be slightly disappointing after all that work farming Odyssey.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-06-02 23:48:53
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
1. Dark versions of Relic Weapons that include post-Zilartian Jobs on them (RUN on Ragnarok-equivalent, BLU on Excalibur-equivalent, etc) and upon completion, unlock the connected weaponskill to be used with any weapon. If all it did was allow me to use Scourge on RUN, Coronach on COR, and Catastrophe while using a Redemption....I'd be happy as a clam.

That sounds cool, but also adjust (read: buff) the relic WS alongside the release of Prime weapons. Didn't they say quite a while ago they planned to adjust all relic WS across the board? Hopefully that didn't just mean the WS damage increase from AG119 augments (though IIRC it was post-augment...)

Even if they don't unlock the WS for all weapons (TBH, I kinda feel like Catastrophe on Redemption or Coronach on Fomalhaut is nudging up against broken territory), I wouldn't be too surprised if the Relic WS at least are accessible to the Prime weapons.

Quote:
2. Non-primary weapon types for jobs. Dagger for RDM, Axe for RNG, Bow for SAM, Mace for PLD, etc. We've got great options for almost any job in terms of melee damage for their main weapon type, and Ambuscade weapons allow us to have an "almost-RMEA" leveled weapon of different types for jobs (Naegling for all, a good polearm for SAM and WAR, a killer dagger for almost everyone- these kinds of things). I like that option a lot to not just build another Scythe on DRK, or another GAXE on WAR, etc.

Sorta love this. It was cool to see COR's Su5 weapon being a dagger. I'd be pretty excited to see something like a Scythe that BST or BLM could use. Could really shake things up by not giving jobs the same weapon type they always get - does RNG really need an 8th ranged weapon (not even counting Su5 & Ambu) when you can only use one at a time anyway? And you could always give weapons a bit higher amount of skill on the weapon itself to account for many of the jobs having lower native skill in that weapon type.

Here's a wild and crazy allocation with each job on 1 weapon only, and almost every job getting on a new ultimate weapon type for the first time - except for you WAR, sorry but someone has to take Great Sword and DRK RUN PLD have been on more of them than you have... plus, WAR's on so many weapon types anyway.

Axe: RNG
Bow: RDM
Club: PLD BLU
Dagger: BST SMN PUP (with a bunch of pet stats!)
Polearm: SAM
Great Axe: DRK RUN
Great Katana: NIN
Great Sword: WAR
Gun: THF
H2H: DNC
Scythe: BLM
Shield: WHM SCH GEO
Staff: MNK DRG
Sword: BRD COR

(btw, original relic weapons had 2 weapons with 3 jobs on them, and 3 weapons with 2 jobs... so very similar to the above list with 2 weapons having 3 jobs, and 4 weapons having 2 jobs)

Instrument and Katana are the tough ones, since only NIN and BRD have any native katana and instrument skill, respectively. IDK, just don't make a Prime weapon of those types? Can hand wave away the lore piece by saying those ones were lost to time lol. Or if jobs can be on more than one weapon, just let NIN and BRD get the katana and horn as well as a new weapon type. Not like original relics didn't have nearly half of the 15 jobs getting access to multiple weapons: WAR, RDM, BRD, PLD (on THREE relics), DRK, RNG, SAM.

(no, I don't believe this will happen, but it's fun to think of something a little out there)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-06-02 23:52:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jyubeii said: »
anything beyond reskinned relics with maybe new ws properties is very optimistic. no new models, no ws animations, etc.

I don't expect new models or WS animations. But they can totally repurpose the existing assets and stick wildly different stats on them. Like a BLM-pocalypse with super nukey stats and weapon-native Endark effect ;)
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-06-03 00:42:48
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Carrelo said: »
A quest that doesn't send you back to original dyna to get attestations and fragments for no reason. (:
I think it'd be cool if it was like Aeonic quest + Omen items + Dynamis D items + Odyssey stuff. And it has to be synergized.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-06-03 00:49:19
Link | Citer | R

I'm expecting the same weaponskill with beefed up modifiers and different skillchain properties, similar to how they made Onion Sword III and Dragon Fangs with Fast Blade II and Dragon Blow.

Final Heaven II
Blade: Metsu II
Mercy Stroke II
etc

I anticipate it being the same animation, just dark/miasma color aura, sort of like a dark gyve glow when they weapon is engaged. Something low effort enough to be possible but cool enough looking to be unique.

I'd like them to be pretty Job-Specific enhancing as far as stats go. When I look at the Bonanza weapons, it shows that they can still be creative with rare toys, and lately, they have been putting some interesting stats on things. Yagyu Darkblade is one example. I hope they allow other JAs to extend to AOE, similar to how Epeolatry extends Liement to party members. AOE Chakra would be neat. Something like "Pet buffs apply to party members" with BST weapon would be pretty cool, IMO.

Hope they go full-out job unlocking potential with these weapons so that they have use for all individual jobs, instead of just for a WS unlock.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-06-03 01:08:57
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
When I look at the Bonanza weapons, it shows that they can still be creative with rare toys, and lately, they have been putting some interesting stats on things. Yagyu Darkblade is one example.

On the other hand: Bonanza gun gets... doesn't consume stackable ammo? A H2H with... Chakra potency? They can't all be winners, let's hope these are closer to Yagyu Darkblade in quality ;P
[+]
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2022-06-03 01:10:45
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Club: PLD

That's all I want, a club PLD can use that doesn't suck
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-06-03 01:24:47
Link | Citer | R

When I look at the Bonanza weapons, it shows that they can still be creative with rare toys, and lately, they have been putting some interesting stats on things. Yagyu Darkblade is one example.

On the other hand: Bonanza gun gets... doesn't consume stackable ammo? A H2H with... Chakra potency? They can't all be winners, let's hope these are closer to Yagyu Darkblade in quality ;P

Even the ambuscade line has a few examples of good unique stats and head scratchers. Same with the dynamis d weapons path C. I don't think they'll hit on all of them if they go that route, but it's better than a copy/paste job of the same stats across a all weapons. That's just lazy to me
[+]
 Bahamut.Galakar
user: Galakar
By Bahamut.Galakar 2022-06-03 01:29:40
Link | Citer | R

Monk weapon that is not blunt. I mean, we had Birdbanes in the past, why then not add REMA which will make MNK a more diverse job to pick for the end game content?

Also, some weapons that will be useful for mages, right now we have how many good REMAs for them? 3?
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2022-06-03 01:46:09
Link | Citer | R

Axe: RNG
Bow: RDM
Club: PLD BLU
Dagger: BST SMN PUP (with a bunch of pet stats!)
Polearm: SAM
Great Axe: DRK RUN
Great Katana: NIN
Great Sword: WAR
Gun: THF
H2H: DNC
Scythe: BLM
Shield: WHM SCH GEO
Staff: MNK DRG
Sword: BRD COR

THF NIN on gun, Give katana to SAM, give WAR the GK.

Also there is no rema attached to throwing skill, so that is a shame, i want a boomerang!

Mostly though i think every ninja would poop their pants if we got a Yagyu.

So yagyu and that would be good, maybe Yagyu II that has Dark Chi WS. IDK lol
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-06-03 02:52:37
Link | Citer | R

I'm expecting the same weaponskill with beefed up modifiers and different skillchain properties, similar to how they made Onion Sword III and Dragon Fangs with Fast Blade II and Dragon Blow.

Final Heaven II
Blade: Metsu II
Mercy Stroke II
etc

Silly expectations imo. They won't tier II copy WSs being clearly stronger than Relic ones. Those weapons are meant to be on par not straight up better than REMA. Even assuming they can't balance stuff (they can't, Naegling is clear example), they won't make it as obvious as just straight up upgrade to REMA WSs. It could be upgraded WSs or even tier II of some WSs, but no relic ones.

I don't expect new WSs at all tho. I also don't expect Yagyu or other Bonanza weapons to be there (or better versions of those). It's all reskinned relics, so you should expect same set of weapons, including flute and shield.
Shield also won't be WHM, GEO etc. forget it. Even on promo illustration of TVR you can see who holds what Prime. Shield is someone in Odyssean set, bow someone in herculean set I think and staff someone in Merlinic? They usually think throughout details like that.

You are hyping yourself too much again. At this point even unique stats for each weapon would already exceed my expectations lol. Neither Empy or Aeonic had any unique stuff really beside Marsyas and those sets of weapons were made when development was much better. At most I expect stats like on some path C SU5, but nothing as good as Yagyu.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-06-03 04:17:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Topace said: »
With the introduction of Prime Weapons soon. What do you want to see in them? We can only hope they are job specific but that would require SE to do work.
What I'd want to see in them is their NON existance, and more resources used to re-balance the previous RMEA (and D?) weapons instead.

But that's not gonna happen and instead we're gonna get yet a new category of legendary weapons.
Eh.

I'd like to see weapons with "special" properties that are cool but do not necessarily make old ones completely irrelevant, but I don't think they're gonna be able to deliver that, sadly.
[+]
First Page 2 ... 12 13 14