Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Mob hoarding in Crawlers Nest [s]
Mob hoarding in Crawlers Nest [s]
First Page 2 3 4 5
By Ninjaxtasy 2022-05-23 15:30:51
Link | Citer | R

Dear SE,
Can you please have a penalty for someone grabbing all the mobs in the zone ? Like hold more than 5 in a party, you get less experience or no experience. In an already crowded zone, you are just waiting there for mobs to pop.
 Asura.Bippin
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-05-23 15:33:46
Link | Citer | R

Seems like a better fix would be adding more zones/mobs
[+]
By Ninjaxtasy 2022-05-23 15:41:06
Link | Citer | R

Don't think these new zones are working as intended...puling the mobs with PLD and Aeolian Edge and everyone else is just standing there.... this is fair?
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-05-23 15:41:46
Link | Citer | R

The density is so high and respawns so quick that it really doesn't matter. Can support multiple AoE parties + various bots/soloers.

Unless someone is just pulling a train, sleeping them, and sitting on them / killing 1-by-1. We encountered that the other day, but it was a simple matter to just wake them all up and take the mobs.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-23 15:42:40
Link | Citer | R

Ninjaxtasy said: »
Don't think these new zones are working as intended...puling the mobs with PLD and Aeolian Edge and everyone else is just standing there.... this is fair?
It's been a thing for a long time. Over a decade.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-05-23 15:43:39
Link | Citer | R

PLD cleaving CP is nothing new with crawler nest, and no I don't feel anything is wrong with it.

On Asura I have never really had a hard time doing pulls there, but maybe different on your server.
By Ninjaxtasy 2022-05-23 15:43:47
Link | Citer | R

but you have multiple parties pulling a train so everyone else is left with nothing, waiting for mobs to pop and doesn't re-spawn until that mobs dies
By Pantafernando 2022-05-23 15:44:07
Link | Citer | R

The “solution” would be doing like Odyssey or Dyna div: nerfing AoE dmg.

But they added so many camps last updates, maybe they dont actually need to resort to that, or do they?
By Ninjaxtasy 2022-05-23 15:46:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's been a thing for a long time. Over a decade.

Never exp in Crawlers Nest [s] until SE added new mobs, never knew, but doesn't make it right
By Ninjaxtasy 2022-05-23 15:47:31
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »

But they added so many camps last updates, maybe they dont actually need to resort to that, or do they?

maybe. We have to gain EP somewhere for us going up to ML30

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Creaucent
Serveur: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2022-05-23 15:52:55
Link | Citer | R

There are already other areas to gain EP Promy zones and the Undersea ruins.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-05-23 15:53:44
Link | Citer | R

but you have multiple parties pulling a train so everyone else is left with nothing, waiting for mobs to pop and doesn't re-spawn until that mobs dies
That just means the camp is full, and your party should go elsewhere.
[+]
 Asura.Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-05-23 15:56:21
Link | Citer | R

Any method of MLing besides AoEing is honestly an unnecessary exercise in masochism once you get to the higher levels, when the alternative in AoEing is so many times faster. Would recommend you simply try it out instead of petitioning for it to be nerfed.

Crawler's Nest is a shockingly well-designed ML location with the high density and low repop times to facilitate AoEing, unlike other high level Apex camps that already exist for your 1-by-1 pleasure, e.g. Ra'Kaznar or Promyvion or Alzadaal.

I've also been in traditional non-AoE EXP parties in CN -- on Asura, the most populated/contested server -- and haven't had any issue with having to wait on respawns. So... honestly don't know what to say. Maybe there was unusual traffic with several AoE parties at that time you tried it, but that's hardly the norm.
[+]
By Ninjaxtasy 2022-05-23 15:56:25
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
That just means the camp is full, and your party should go elsewhere.

No it's hoarding.... maybe if you pull more than X, it despawns after that number and shows up in it's original spot
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-05-23 15:56:44
Link | Citer | R

It's not hoarding just because you say it is.
[+]
By Ninjaxtasy 2022-05-23 15:56:54
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Creaucent said: »

Those are not as good
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-05-23 15:57:56
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Creaucent said: »

Those are not as good
If you're not AoEing, they're easily as good, and possibly better than Crawler's Nest S.
[+]
By Ninjaxtasy 2022-05-23 15:58:36
Link | Citer | R

When you are pulling multiple mobs and holding them, yes it is
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-05-23 15:59:33
Link | Citer | R

If they're actually holding them for long periods of time, then that's a problem. However, most groups kill them, not hold.

If they're holding mobs for long periods of time, just grab them yourself.
[+]
 Asura.Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-05-23 16:03:46
Link | Citer | R

Any decent AoE party is going to have that pack of mobs dead in about 30 seconds, and they're going to all respawn in another 30 seconds. That's not "holding" or "hoarding."

If a group actually does sleep a pack and just hold it without immediately obliterating it, then just AoE them and wake them up, then either watch the group die or take them yourself. Or both!

Sorry, but there's no issue. Only issue is you trying to waste unfathomable amounts of people's time by asking for a nerf to the most reasonably paced way to EXP. Which would just lead to more people buying or botting MLs than would otherwise do so.
[+]
By Ninjaxtasy 2022-05-23 16:08:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Disclai said: »

Any method of MLing besides AoEing is honestly an unnecessary exercise in masochism once you get to the higher levels, when the alternative in AoEing is so many times faster. Would recommend you simply try it out instead of petitioning for it to be nerfed.

Crawler's Nest is a shockingly well-designed ML location with the high density and low repop times to facilitate AoEing, unlike other high level Apex camps that already exist for your 1-by-1 pleasure, e.g. Ra'Kaznar or Promyvion or Alzadaal.

I've also been in traditional non-AoE EXP parties in CN -- on Asura, the most populated/contested server -- and haven't had any issue with having to wait on respawns. So... honestly don't know what to say. Maybe there was unusual traffic with several AoE parties at that time you tried it, but that's hardly the norm.

Like you said not all of your ML parties will be AoE parties. I don't want to grind one by one either but I can't understand how SE wants you to gain EP this way. It's still the "new" thing.
 Asura.Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-05-23 16:24:53
Link | Citer | R

Like you said not all of your ML parties will be AoE parties. I don't want to grind one by one either but I can't understand how SE wants you to gain EP this way. It's still the "new" thing.

It's irrelevant.

The meta in FFXI has never been beholden to what SE intended, but rather to the community's ingenuity. SE actively disliked NIN being a tank, yet the community cemented it as one for many years.

There are a great many camps for traditional parties. Crawler's Nest itself is absolutely fine for them, and there are spots within it that aren't going to see AoE party traffic (hint: anywhere outside the donut's main circle), if you don't want to compete with them.

As I write this post, I just went to check these camps I've just mentioned. The center room is trafficked by RMT bots (hmm, maybe complain about the real problem?), but the entire (large) western passage is devoid of any parties whatsoever. Maybe stop being lazy and/or incurious, and ascertain the real issues at hand rather than trying to harm efficient non-botted EXPing.
[+]
By Ninjaxtasy 2022-05-23 16:46:22
Link | Citer | R

It's irrelevant.

The meta in FFXI has never been beholden to what SE intended, but rather to the community's ingenuity. SE actively disliked NIN being a tank, yet the community cemented it as one for many years.

There are a great many camps for traditional parties. Crawler's Nest itself is absolutely fine for them, and there are spots within it that aren't going to see AoE party traffic (hint: anywhere outside the donut's main circle), if you don't want to compete with them.

As I write this post, I just went to check these camps I've just mentioned. The center room is trafficked by RMT bots (hmm, maybe complain about the real problem?), but the entire (large) western passage is devoid of any parties whatsoever. Maybe stop being lazy and/or incurious, and ascertain the real issues at hand rather than trying to harm efficient non-botted EXPing.

I'm not lazy, when I did a wide scan there was hardly any mobs on the map. It seems the ppl that are lazy are AoE killing for exp. Now I don't mind AoE killing but when literally every mob is taken and there's not even a chance to grab a mob, that's a problem. I think the idea of you can only hold X amount of mobs per party before they depop would be fair.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-05-23 16:50:02
Link | Citer | R

just go to a different zone?
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-05-23 16:52:34
Link | Citer | R

Your wide scan probably wasn't big enough to see the mobs that there still there.
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2022-05-23 16:59:22
Link | Citer | R

My dude, you are just being lazy.

If you are alone or in a small party then Doh Gates, Outer Ra'kaz, Inner Ra'kaz, Woh Gates, Sih Gates are all going to provide the same or better exp per hour. Hell, even Moh Gates will be faster if you are very undergeared.

Allowing the AoE camp/camps to exist in CN allows more geared higher-level players to go there and take care of their CP/MLvl needs faster. This helps free up the camps in those other places.

This is a good thing for anyone with enough willpower to go somewhere they can't reach in 4 seconds by using an HP and a CN warp.
[+]
By Ninjaxtasy 2022-05-23 17:16:30
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Kanryu said: »
My dude, you are just being lazy.

If you are alone or in a small party then Doh Gates, Outer Ra'kaz, Inner Ra'kaz, Woh Gates, Sih Gates are all going to provide the same or better exp per hour. Hell, even Moh Gates will be faster if you are very undergeared.

Allowing the AoE camp/camps to exist in CN allows more geared higher-level players to go there and take care of their CP/MLvl needs faster. This helps free up the camps in those other places.

This is a good thing for anyone with enough willpower to go somewhere they can't reach in 4 seconds by using an HP and a CN warp.

As far as I know , the game is for everyone not just for the elites. Telling me where to camp because I'm not in an AoE party? That's BS
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-05-23 17:19:16
Link | Citer | R

so you're complaining about not having any monsters to kill in the camp that you're at but you actively refuse to go somewhere else where there might be monsters?
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-05-23 17:19:20
Link | Citer | R

No it's not. Different levels of content are for different levels of players.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5