Debuffed Addon Not Displaying Steps/Dazes

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Debuffed addon not displaying Steps/Dazes
Debuffed addon not displaying Steps/Dazes
By HDXylophone 2022-05-20 01:18:26
Link | Citer | R

I'm using the Debuffed addon and enjoying it for keeping track of my debuffs on enemies, but I've had an issue with it not tracking the time/level on my DNC Steps and their respective Daze effects. I saw threads a while ago where people brought up missing debuffs for NIN, BLM and BLU and got them added, so I'd like to try and call attention to it to hopefully get the same for DNC (along with any other jobs that need it)!
 Asura.Nalfey
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Nalf
By Asura.Nalfey 2022-05-20 06:32:34
Link | Citer | R

Unfortunately Xathe has stopped playing for about two years now so it would be down to the community to update the code.
 Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Rudra
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2022-05-20 06:58:51
Link | Citer | R

In 2020 i was using an addon called "debuffing" which had the steps duration and names in the code ,but i cant find it anywhere on google now.
Edit : probably adding the steps ID and duration to the code is enough idk
 Bahamut.Spookyfish
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Spookyfish 2022-05-20 07:34:07
Link | Citer | R

Have you tried whitelisting it?
By HDXylophone 2022-05-21 10:09:22
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Yiazmaat said: »
In 2020 i was using an addon called "debuffing" which had the steps duration and names in the code ,but i cant find it anywhere on google now.
Edit : probably adding the steps ID and duration to the code is enough idk

I did have the idea to do that, but the problem I ran into is that the add-on doesn't seem to have a list of IDs for debuffs in its code, so I wasn't sure where to add Steps.

Bahamut.Spookyfish said: »
Have you tried whitelisting it?

I did not, because I was under the impression that all the whitelist did was show approved debuffs from a list of what the add-on can already show. If it can't show Steps, then my assumption was that whitelisting them wouldn't do anything, although I'm willing to try it.
 Bismarck.Radec
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Radec
By Bismarck.Radec 2022-05-21 10:45:50
Link | Citer | R

Debuffed pulls the durations right from the windower resources, those don't need to be added.

ie: debuffed_mobs[target][effect] = {id=spell, timer=(os.clock() + (res.spells[spell].duration or 0)), actor=actor}

However, debuffed only looks at spell tables and actions, so full handling for ability debuffs would need to be added.
[+]
By HDXylophone 2022-05-21 16:13:29
Link | Citer | R

And to that end, I'm assuming that a simple CTRL+F "spells" for "abilities" wouldn't work as a hack solution until the actual add-on is updated?
 Bismarck.Radec
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Radec
By Bismarck.Radec 2022-05-21 16:36:14
Link | Citer | R

Right - much of debuffed is based on the message IDs in action events, and has the values in place for spell messages without using the word "Spell" explicitly.
By HDXylophone 2022-06-02 02:56:14
Link | Citer | R

At the risk of necroing my own thread (lol), I also noticed that Mandau's Poison AE doesn't show up on Debuffed either. I would like to try and help work towards adding these things to this/another addon, but I wouldn't know the first thing about it. So, in lieu of someone doing it for me, I don't suppose I could get some advice as to where I'd even start?
 Bahamut.Cypan
user: Cypan
By Bahamut.Cypan 2022-06-03 11:59:15
Link | Citer | R

I modified the debuffed code to work with steps already if you still need it.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Rudra
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2022-06-03 15:31:45
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Cypan said: »
I modified the debuffed code to work with steps already if you still need it.

I didnt ask for it but im interested lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Cypan
user: Cypan
By Bahamut.Cypan 2022-06-05 16:45:32
Link | Citer | R

Too lazy to put it on github.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18zhrF485esiT0zyv35k4jkkCxBTHjkAE/view?usp=sharing
[+]