Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-04-04 00:00:16
Link | Citer | R

Patch Notes
https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/59332-April-4-2022-%28JST%29-Version-Update

Items
New Items - https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/April_2022_Version_Update_Changes

Changed Items - https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/April_2022_Version_Update_Changes/Existing_Items

Digest #34
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Serveur: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2022-04-04 00:00:28
Link | Citer | R

Since Funk never does it: https://www.twitch.tv/funkworkz
Windower Resources: Updated.
KParser: 00626DC0 (No change.)
Box Destroyer: Updated by Byrth.
Digger: Updated by Byrth.

~~~~~
I've been asked for the last few years if I would accept donations. Per the Windower and BG Wiki teams policies I've declined but today that changes.

I have an idea for a new XI related project/website/maybe app? that will have nothing to do with these teams, other then maybe some input since some of them still play and might have good ideas for functionality. I'm willing to accept donations to fund this via Paypal: ChiaiaXI@gmail.com
**ATM I have no details I want to give out about it but will say unlike existing sites such as this one, once it's up and running multiple people will have access to the code and new people will be able to apply to join and submit new code(git repo or such).

I will use the funds for a domain/url, hosting cost, I more then likely will be using https://www.linode.com/ as the host. I will also use some of this for php "software/scripts", I have no plans to reinvent the wheel for basic stuff such as forums, account management(you EU people got some laws these days that have to be dealt with), etc etc, I will be looking in to open source projects for sure but it's been a while since I did web dev stuff so a lot has come, gone, or went stagnate (atm I'm using nulled scripts if you know what that even is and hence why I can't even show it off legally, it's for testing and finding out which I like the most and will eventually buy licenses for.), but will spend my time working on XI focused things for the site/Windower addon (hopefully later someone will join the team and port to Ashita).

If for some odd reason I receive more then is needed I will be donating the excess to a charity of my choosing, atm I don't have one picked since I wanted to look into how a few spend the money donated to them because a lot waste the money on the people working for them rather then the thing(s) people donated for.
**Domains are sold buy the year up to 10 years at a time, hosting is monthly/yearly(savings), php scripts are different these days some you buy out right, some you buy/rent yearly, some have both options at a cost.
**I don't really want to run Google AdSense or the like but if needed will but it will go into keeping it running.

I know not much was given at this point but it has been something I've been working on last 2-3 months and mentioned to some around the community.

Please note by donating this will not help BG Wiki and/or Windower in anyway nor will it make me spend anymore time on either of those projects. This is for a solo project that is unrelated to them.

P.S. - If you do any Graphic Design and would like to help out(aka free) with this hit me up with a DM/PM on here. I've never been good at that side of things. ATM not looking for any coders, I'd like to get my proof of concept up and running then add community members to clean it up and add features.

P.P.S. - Please don't post about this in this thread if we need to either DM/PM me or let's start a new thread so it doesn't clog up the monthly update thread with ***no one cares about and I don't feel like hunting down but TBH I think you either take a chance or don't.
^This thread is unmained so it shouldn't show up on the feed.
**Or not it still seems to show up...
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-04 00:11:50
Link | Citer | R

Place your bets for orb turnins

1 whole free job point!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2022-04-04 00:15:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »

1 whole free job point!
my money's on a silver voucher
By Draylo 2022-04-04 00:21:13
Link | Citer | R

lol doom nerf on new apex, that was easy to predict
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-04-04 00:21:23
Link | Citer | R

if the free orb items can be any trove drop that's pretty sick
[+]
 Siren.Bruno
Serveur: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2022-04-04 00:21:51
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
A.M.A.N. Trove has undergone the following additions and adjustments.
Various new visual and audio effects have been added.

having to watch a full cutscene everytime we get ka-thwacked now
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-04 00:31:11
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
if the free orb items can be any trove drop that's pretty sick

It's more or less a free SP Dial Key aka completely worthless
BUT IT COULD BE A BODY OR A KCLUB OR SUMTHING!!!11!1!!!1!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-04-04 00:37:00
Link | Citer | R

You're probably right but that can't be said with certainty yet. If it is just an item out of the AMAN Trove pool then that's significantly better than an SP Gobbie key. Narrower pool of results
[+]
By Mrxi 2022-04-04 00:39:58
Link | Citer | R

1 whole free job point!
Ka-thwack
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-04 00:40:41
Link | Citer | R

That new bot ring is pretty hot doe (lol)
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-04-04 00:45:11
Link | Citer | R

that ele resist neck more or less needs to be 20% rather than a flat +20 for me to consider using it tbh, *** having to go in to recast more often

PLD cure potency belt is nice

str ring probably new BiS for WS when at attack cap for ones without a DEX mod
 Shiva.Flowen
Serveur: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2022-04-04 00:50:53
Link | Citer | R

That new bot ring is pretty hot doe (lol)

Let’s make a new ws ring!
Let’s make it really unique.
Well let’s make it gimp for all those dex ws mods, like blade metsu.
Yes good idea, it’ll gimp utu grip users too.
Another boost for savage blade then?
We so smart
[+]
By Rips 2022-04-04 00:51:10
Link | Citer | R

Giving up some sleep tonight to see what the hell you get when trading in a used orb.

My bet is 15 plutons.

Edit: if it really is something like an SP gobbie I’ll just laugh.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-04-04 00:54:31
Link | Citer | R

so overall, imo...

Tathlum - complete meme

Earring - Meme

Ring - good for 1h WS that don't have a DEX mod if you're attack capped, maybe good when you're solo if the atk bonus is big enough since trusts aren't known for helping you buff attack very well

Belt - free cure potency for PLD in a slot that doesn't have much value for cure anyway

Necklace - potentially a meme

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Rips 2022-04-04 01:01:44
Link | Citer | R

so overall, imo...

Tathlum - complete meme

Earring - Meme

Ring - good for 1h WS that don't have a DEX mod if you're attack capped, maybe good when you're solo if the atk bonus is big enough since trusts aren't known for helping you buff attack very well

Belt - free cure potency for PLD in a slot that doesn't have much value for cure anyway

Necklace - potentially a meme

The real value here is that they’re removing pieces that are “easily obtained” in my opinion.

How many ‘loud thuds’ have you all gotten and it turned out to be a crappy HTBM weapon?
 Siren.Bruno
Serveur: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2022-04-04 01:02:27
Link | Citer | R

Tathlum - complete meme

I don't think we've ever seen "Magic critical hit rate II." interestingly, in all cases the "II" effect just bypasses the normal trait's cap. but according to BGWiki, it sounds like that isn't an issue or a thing:

Quote:
There is no known cap to magic critical hit rate (and there may not be one).

seems like it may be something entirely new. but it's hard to see the tathlum and not think it's just gonna be bad lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2022-04-04 01:02:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jyubeii said: »
pet earring seems pretty good unless i'm reading wrong. da+7 for master when pet is alive?
and more -mag eva for drg yay

da +7 would be good enough for it to see some use if it works that way.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-04 01:02:52
Link | Citer | R

Rips said: »
The real value here is that they’re removing pieces that are “easily obtained” in my opinion.

How many ‘loud thuds’ have you all gotten and it turned out to be a crappy HTBM weapon?

That's really not going to change. If they remove a thousand of those ***tier items there's still 9000 in the list.
 Odin.Phinneus
Serveur: Odin
user: ayer
By Odin.Phinneus 2022-04-04 01:06:31
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
pet earring seems pretty good unless i'm reading wrong. da+7 for master when pet is alive?

I'm reading that as -10 evasion/magic evasion not +10 evasion/magic evasion meaning it's making you more vulnerable.
By Rips 2022-04-04 01:06:55
Link | Citer | R

Rips said: »

That's really not going to change. If they remove a thousand of those ***tier items there's still 9000 in the list.

I’ll report back soon.
By Ozaii 2022-04-04 01:09:01
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Phinneus said: »

I'm reading that as -10 evasion/magic evasion not +10 evasion/magic evasion meaning it's making you more vulnerable.

Reread what he said.
By Guyford 2022-04-04 01:10:42
Link | Citer | R

Belt looks horrible for pld, awesome for run. PLD can cap cure pot. pretty easily without compromising anything, and +25% mp cost on cures isn't worth w/e you would be able to swap in other slots.

Ring looks all kinds of awesome for any STR ws.

Earring could be great for pup depending on what pet melee dmg +10 means. If it applies to puppet wses, great, if not, 7 da could still be good for pup and drg, probably bst too.

Neck is def something I would use for rdm since barspell duration is already way over the 30 min cap.

And tathlum is a joke unless mag. crit hit rate II is something different from the standard +10MAB crit. If it's like +15% dmg or more on the crit II could see it being solid.
 Odin.Phinneus
Serveur: Odin
user: ayer
By Odin.Phinneus 2022-04-04 01:10:59
Link | Citer | R

Ozaii said: »
Odin.Phinneus said: »

Reread what he said.

I guess I didn't read the sarcasm in the post. Either way everything is kinda meh. Maybe this update should've landed on April 1st.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-04-04 01:12:21
Link | Citer | R

idk, for drg at least that earring is a hard sell for me over Sherida
By Rips 2022-04-04 01:13:01
Link | Citer | R

If i get these pieces first how much y’all willing to pay for the science?
By zigzagzig 2022-04-04 01:14:04
Link | Citer | R

11 Gils, or x1 Bat wing , or x1 Rock Salt .... and with the Legendary generosity of SE..... a COOKIE !!!
[+]
By Guyford 2022-04-04 01:14:07
Link | Citer | R

Also are the new trove things r/ex or just rare?
First Page 2 ... 29 30 31