Addon: SheolHelper
First Page 2 3 4
 Odin.Deridjian
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Deridjian
By Odin.Deridjian 2022-02-24 16:01:41
Link | Citer | R

Your new friend while farming Sheol A, B or C!
Stop tabbing to excel sheets, tables and wikis. Instead have all the info right on your screen (or toggle just what you need)!

SheolHelper will show:

• a segment counter

• a resistance table showing the mob type as well as physical and elemental resistances in detail

• proneness to cruel joke

• current floor's map on-command

[Disclaimer]
This addon is for your sole convenience while farming segments. Overlays will only be shown in Odyssey.
Try to always load before entering or maps will not work. You can drag segments and resistances around individually.
The resistance table is not a completely accurate representation of actual game data.
It is merely a compilation of publicly available information from varying sources.
Segments might get lost to "lag" but will catch up if you keep killing mobs.
This means that the last (few) mob(s) you kill in a run might not register if you lag too much.
Use as orientation only!

A word about cruel joke: Oh my. Where to start. Let's just say that the suggestion for doom in this addon refers mostly to Sheol C where types appear in either A/B/C.
If you're a regular on BLU CJ in Odyssey A, B AND C, and have insane amounts of M.Acc it would be nice if you gave some feedback on the differences between the three zones. Especially regarding same mobs. BGWiki mentions that some mobs are prone in B but then supposedly not so in C and has no info on A to begin with (Rams e.g.) but that's basically the only source I have seen so far that even mentions separate observations. To me this kinda sounds like former observers simply might have missed M.Acc to doom Lv 130+ mobs. But then again Sheol B Floor 4 and above is also Lv 130+, so...
Just be aware that this is in line with the BGWiki doom table for Sheol C for now.

[Commands]
Code
//shh toggle [segments/resistances/joke] : Shows/hides either info
//shh bg [segments/resistances/all] [0-255] : Sets the alpha channel for backgrounds
//shh conserve : Toggles segments being shown in Rabao after a run
//shh map : Toggle the current floor's map
//shh map center : Repositions the map to the center of the screen
//shh map size [size] : Sets the map to the new [size]
//shh map floor [floor] : Sets the map to reflect [floor]

[Download Link]
https://github.com/MarianArlt/sheolhelper/releases/latest/download/sheolhelper.zip

[To-Do's and known bugs]

• BGWiki lately mentions different amounts of additional unique resistance between zones. SheolHelper currently does not account for this but rather substracts flat 50%. Will not be fixed until further information on Sheol A is available.

• There has been reports that regular nostos mobs in Odyssey get their elemental resistance rank raised in Odyssey B and C by two and four steps respectively based on this Japanese Twitter post. Some people have reported that this is notable enough to be accurate. This would heavily impact magic damage in Sheol C in general and could be reason for the observed doom resistances as some mobs could hit a 50% resist rank or even less for certain elements.

[Changelog]

v2.0
  • refactored core functions for better performance

• Karakul can be doomed

• April 2022 Update fixed

• addon will no longer show or be active in any zone/instance other than Rabao and Sheol A/B/C

v1.2
  • now holds all possible monster types for A, B and C, including NMs

v1.1
  • excluded Sheol Gaol NMs from triggering computation while SheolHelper is loaded

• excluded Halos from being computed

• added default path for maps in default settings

• improved disclaimer behavior

• improved and narrowed checks when zoning from or in to Odyssey

If you experience wonky behavior, find bugs or wrong data, please check the repository if any updates have been pushed since and feel free to post it here or open an issue on Github.

Hope it helps!
[+]
By Draylo 2022-02-24 21:35:42
Link | Citer | R

Wow nice, I'll have to test this out. Thanks for that
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2022-02-24 21:49:18
Link | Citer | R

holy based
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
Serveur: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-02-25 07:58:01
Link | Citer | R

Since you did the nicety on Bluemage for Cruel Joke

you could implement this chart for SAM for Jinpu
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Samurai_Guide#Sheol_C_Hybrid_Weaponskills

or maybe only display if mainjob SAM? not sure how far you want to take it
By SimonSes 2022-02-25 08:36:20
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toralin said: »
Since you did the nicety on Bluemage for Cruel Joke

you could implement this chart for SAM for Jinpu
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Samurai_Guide#Sheol_C_Hybrid_Weaponskills

or maybe only display if mainjob SAM? not sure how far you want to take it

I mean, it's there.
It shows res for each element and shows res for slashing. So you can figure it out. Assuming elemental res is correct.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-02-25 08:46:14
Link | Citer | R

I m not sure if Qutrubs has res to slashing. I was doing 99k Expiacions on them. Unless I guess maybe the native +100% and special -50% is additive on them and total is +50%. Maybe I had Holy Circle and I was doing 66k Expiacions normally and with +50% bonus they were doing 99k.

Also I will for sure use it! Thank You!
 Odin.Deridjian
By Odin.Deridjian 2022-02-25 08:46:24
Link | Citer | R

The current state is as far as I wanna take it. This has been a very long journey for me personally.
I've lost a lot of moglophones and seg runs to this.

It is not meant to be a definitive element-weakness addon. It's a guideline for you to adapt quickly to a group of mobs.
My goal here is to help make those decisions on the fly instead of having to remember or tab out. The actual exact resistance values are not as important at all really.

That being said, if you see that mob x is generally weaker to air and slashing then by all means spam that jinpu to your hearts content! :)
If it's an aquan and on top of that also resistant to air, well you get the idea.

As Simon mentions, you should know your hybrid WS' element and then make a decision based on that.
Remember that TP, ACC, M.ACC, mobs' DEF, EVA, M.EVA, purely math.random() and other factors might make you believe that a hybrid WS was very bad in situation x and very good in situation y, which ultimately does not tell anything about the actual resistance of the mob. Testing/observing/noting down retail resistances based on comparative spell casting or comparative white damage medians or whatever other method is tedious work, needs a setup and as mentioned in the addon ideas thread, I doubt a lot of people will be willing to sacrifice their moglophones to do this in Odyssey.

Please use this as a very rough guideline only _( ._.)_

Edit in response to Qutrubs:
SheolHelper assumes that they take 200% damage from all weapon types and additionally take 50% less damage from slashing for being undead in Odyssey. So you'll still be doing 150% damage with slashing as far as the addon is concerned. As mentioned in the OP the exact numbers might be adjusted in future versions as soon as more testing has been done in A (BGWiki says -50% for Sheol C and -25% for B)
Code
['Qutrub'] = {2.000, 2.000, 2.000, 0.000, 1.500, 0.500, 1.125, 0.875, 1.125, 1.125, 1.250, 0.500}
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-02-25 09:29:10
Link | Citer | R

For magic resistance family does it just cut each element by 50%?
 Odin.Deridjian
By Odin.Deridjian 2022-02-25 10:00:05
Link | Citer | R

Yes
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-02-25 10:13:36
Link | Citer | R

Targeting halo and black puddings was throwing errors just now during my run FYI
 Odin.Deridjian
By Odin.Deridjian 2022-02-25 10:29:55
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for that info, will look into it asap.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-02-25 10:37:15
Link | Citer | R

Also going into Gaol get an error targeting NMs.

No rush on anything just reporting as it happens.
[+]
 Odin.Deridjian
By Odin.Deridjian 2022-02-25 12:25:42
Link | Citer | R

Halos and Gaol should be fixed with v1.1
Haven't tested it yet, appreciate any feedback.
Black Puddings to be done.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-02-26 10:13:43
Link | Citer | R

Today had error line 142 'attempt to index local 'target' (a nil value). Was happening randomly when nothing was targeted.
Code
local is_halo = target.name:contains('Halo')

Seems to be always looking for halo or something
[+]
 Odin.Deridjian
By Odin.Deridjian 2022-02-26 10:48:31
Link | Citer | R

Was probably firing when changing target from something to nothing and now there was no target.
Should be fixed with latest repo.

Thank you very much for reporting these!
Appreciate it.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-02-26 10:53:43
Link | Citer | R

I appreciate the addon.

No errors in Gaol now. Comparing segments to logs and its about right on for amount earned.

edit: It does pop up and say segments 0 when in gaol but that is not a big deal to me
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-02-26 10:55:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bippin said: »
No errors in Gaol now.
I take that back error again in Gaol NM target after most recently update.

Edit: SheolHelper: Lua runtime error: C:/Windower4//addons/libs/functions.lua:363: bad argument #1 to 'next' (table expected, got nil)
By Heck 2022-02-26 11:11:17
Link | Citer | R

Was getting errors when casting Blue Magic buffs in Sheol C "Lua runtime error: sheolhelper/sheolhelper.lua:142: attempt to index local 'target' (a nil value)"
 Odin.Deridjian
By Odin.Deridjian 2022-02-26 11:40:46
Link | Citer | R

Heck said: »
Was getting errors when casting Blue Magic buffs in Sheol C "Lua runtime error: sheolhelper/sheolhelper.lua:142: attempt to index local 'target' (a nil value)"
This should be the same error Bippin mentioned earlier and should be not happening with latest repo. Please update and check again. If it doesn't go away please let me know!

@Bippin apart from Gaol NMs still throwing errors, when you had the segment counter pop up in Gaol, was that with the addon already loaded before going into Gaol? This will definitely happen if you load the addon inside cause after teleporting I have no straight forward means to check whether it's Gaol or not.
If you say it was loaded beforehand would you mind to specify? You chose Gaol, got warped into lobby, and segment counter appeared?
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-02-26 11:52:49
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Deridjian said: »
If you say it was loaded beforehand would you mind to specify? You chose Gaol, got warped into lobby, and segment counter appeared?
It was not there when I first went and happen after I reloaded mid NM run so sounds like its working as it should.
[+]
By trinironnie 2022-02-27 17:07:05
Link | Citer | R

error i get when i try to load.
libs/images.lua:279: bad arguement #2 to set texture
 Odin.Deridjian
By Odin.Deridjian 2022-02-28 04:44:47
Link | Citer | R

Are you using the latest files?

If it's on load then this issue should be fixed with the current files.
If you're absolutely sure you're up to date with the repository then please unload the addon and remove the "data" folder from its directory. Then reload again. There were changes in the default settings which need to be set up.

I'm rather positive that you just need to rebuild your settings file. Nonetheless if it persists even after doing all of the above I'd appreciate if you let me know:
Are you absolutely sure that /data/settings.xml was rebuilt anew? Were you logged in when loading or did you autoload on startup? What zone were you in?
Does the /maps folder exist and does it hold all the maps?
By trinironnie 2022-02-28 07:25:03
Link | Citer | R

it was because i didn't have the latest file!
[+]
 Odin.Steelrdm
By Odin.Steelrdm 2022-03-02 00:42:51
Link | Citer | R

I must be an idiot but I can not get this to load.
I placed the sheolhelper-main extracted into the addon folder.
when i try to //load it i get the file doesnt exist. What am i doing wrong?
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2022-03-02 01:54:03
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Steelrdm said: »
I must be an idiot but I can not get this to load.
I placed the sheolhelper-main extracted into the addon folder.
when i try to //load it i get the file doesnt exist. What am i doing wrong?
Rename the sheolhelper-main folder to just sheolhelper then in game type
//lua load sheolhelper
 Odin.Deridjian
By Odin.Deridjian 2022-03-02 04:02:44
Link | Citer | R

I changed the download link to point to releases, where you will not have to rename any folders and accordingly will start to provide releases starting with version 1.2
https://github.com/MarianArlt/sheolhelper/releases

I'm also working on v2.0, doing some major refactoring to improve general performance and possibly eliminating the need to pay attention when to load or not for everything to work well. So if you like SheolHelper please stay tuned for updates \( ^w^)/
(Starting first real use tests tonight and during the week)
[+]
 Asura.Aller
user: AsAller
By Asura.Aller 2022-03-02 20:28:17
Link | Citer | R

Just pulled newest changes and reloaded prior to entry and segments didn't record
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-03-02 21:17:43
Link | Citer | R

The current state is as far as I wanna take it. This has been a very long journey for me personally.
I've lost a lot of moglophones and seg runs to this.

Respect. Understood

7 days later.
I'm also working on v2.0, doing some major refactoring to improve general performance and possibly eliminating the need to pay attention when to load or not for everything to work well. So if you like SheolHelper please stay tuned for updates \( ^w^)/
(Starting first real use tests tonight and during the week)

I always like to see dev. I use this addon I think the idea is great, but just had to chuckle. Cheers Deridjian hope you end up with all the versions :)
[+]
 Bahamut.Balduran
Serveur: Bahamut
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2022-03-03 01:49:33
Link | Citer | R

@Deridjian could you kindly advise if this addon will track the segments even when people are scattered and split up, for example our static splits up the COR to solo entire certain packs, while the main group proceeds to clear other areas, tank runs to the downstairs pack on third floor to solo pull the whole pack, meanwhile battle is taking place elsewhere, this has become the standard in our runs to hit the 13.7-14k segment mark, so would the addon still be able to accurately track segment data in such situation? Many thanks!
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-03-03 02:32:43
Link | Citer | R

The addon works on packets, if your client is receiving Segments it means you're receiving the packet containing information on the segments you're receiving so IN THEORY this should track all the segments you're actually getting, no matter how close or far it comes from.
First Page 2 3 4