Odyssey R25 Confirmed ATM Now Maybe 30?...

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » Odyssey R25 Confirmed ATM Now Maybe 30?...
Odyssey R25 Confirmed ATM Now Maybe 30?...
First Page 2 ... 13 14 15
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-12-27 23:53:20
Link | Citer | R

So last year when I dumped all the augments only the Tier 3 NMs went past R20 Augments. The T1,T2, and even T4 added the next month capped at R20. I decided to redump them all tonight to see if anything had changed and they all now go to Rank 30 though one, Coiste Bodhar, makes no sense it has the same augments at R29 and R30.

This could be the change or it may not be, I just figured I'd take a poke at it. I was actually quite surprised to see them go past R20 now.

https://gist.github.com/Chiaia/9bb22e7544239d636faf7bcc0de7372a

Personally hoping this isn't the change for next month. I rather new content then farming old content for another year.

Edit: So this augment system was only setup to handle up to R30 even though for the first 5+ years the highest augment Rank was 15. We didn't see anything hit R20 or R25 till Dyanmis Necks/Weapons. I did just try to go past R30 from R31 to R35 and yea it's still setup to only handle R30 max atm.

Edit 2:
lolz...

First up, we’re increasing the Vengenace cap for Odyssey’s Sheol: Gaol to +20. This naturally means that eligible equipment can be augmented to even greater heights, so you’ll be able to boost up your gear to higher attributes than before. It goes without saying that the foes within will also grow more powerful, but...well, I’ve decided to say it anyway. Tackle the trials within and claim your powerful equipment!

I'll re-dump the night of the update for any changes.

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/59046
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-28 00:35:56
Link | Citer | R

Extending the grind for another 9 months. Sounds like classic SE. Those Master Levels gonna come in handy for Veng20/25
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-12-28 01:07:07
Link | Citer | R

Sounds like it's quite clearly what's gonna happen.
"yai".
Can't say I'm happy... Would've been happier with the tag Rare removed from Nyame but w/e, we're gonna take what we get, right?
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-12-28 02:05:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Sounds like it's quite clearly what's gonna happen.
"yai".
Can't say I'm happy... Would've been happier with the tag Rare removed from Nyame but w/e, we're gonna take what we get, right?

Then we'd get the same situation as Geas Fete equipment. Four of each piece for situational gains, no thanks.

Asura.Chiaia said: »
So last year when I dumped all the augments only the Tier 3 NMs went past R20 Augments. The T1,T2, and even T4 added the next month capped at R20. I decided to redump them all tonight to see if anything had changed and they all now go to Rank 30 though one, Coiste Bodhar, makes no sense it has the same augments at R29 and R30.

This could be the change or it may not be, I just figured I'd take a poke at it. I was actually quite surprised to see them go past R20 now.

https://gist.github.com/Chiaia/9bb22e7544239d636faf7bcc0de7372a

Personally hoping this isn't the change for next month. I rather new content then farming old content for another year.

Would not be surprised if this ends up going to R50 or even 100, to coincide with increase in master levels up to 99. Keeps the equipment relevant with each upgrade, instead of having to introduce new gear. If I ever augment the gear (I have not yet started), I'll likely wait til SE has finished. We know what they are like, they will introduce ways for people to catch up with increased points, special boost items, campaigns, etc.
By SimonSes 2021-12-28 02:22:15
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Then we'd get the same situation as Geas Fete equipment. Four of each piece for situational gains, no thanks.

Situational gains?

You could replace all TP sets on all jobs with A, beside maybe Sakpata jobs. Also all magic accuracy sets probably.
You could replace all nuking sets with C on all jobs too.

I would say its reverse to situational gains, it's more like you would maybe have situational and minimal loss in dps vs some specific glass TP sets, but it would be FAR worth it to get that level of DEF, HP, MEVA, DT, attack and accuracy AND inventory space.

EDIT: Im 50/50 if I would want that tho. Not being able to have C hands, legs and body for NIN hurts a lot. Same with A for mages and non Sakpata/Malignance jobs, but Im not sure if I would want everyone to run in same set on all jobs for TP/WS/Nukes :/ it would be boring af.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-12-28 02:49:18
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
With the small* difference that Nyame destroys 99% of other gear with similar purposes, so it would be a boon for inventory saving for people who have multiple jobs.
It would be good for that.
It would also be... a bit bland/generic I can acknowledge that, but still very good because it feels very bad to be forced on a single path.
Losing A not so much because for the majority of jobs you have Malignance which is quite similar, but think about Path C, it feels so, so, so bad not being able to use that.

of course I was being sarcastic, I apologize for that.
It wouldn't be a small difference at all but pretty huge.
[+]
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2021-12-28 08:01:19
Link | Citer | R

Isn't this the same as Rank 15 REMA weapons, and other augmented ranks in the game? they go up to 30 but not necessarily implemented yet. Considering most seem to be rocking unaugment gear I'd say an update to make things easier before it gets harder again is more apt. But this is SE so who *** knows, one things for sure Mboze at V30 is gonna be horrendous if it is a thing.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-12-28 09:25:44
Link | Citer | R

Good point about the inventory saving, but as you said, it would make 20 pieces of Nyame your choice for too many things. Having a choice of path is tough, but most people wouldn't want to augment that many pieces, or have to wear that ugly set 90% of the time, lol.
 Fenrir.Velner
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2021-12-28 09:30:09
Link | Citer | R

I really hope this isn't it. . . please no Mboze V25. Please!
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-12-28 10:10:05
Link | Citer | R

Let's be honest. It's probably just gonna be moglophones stacking to 3 like omen canteens. That's a quality of life update a lot of people have been wanting for quite some time, and I don't think anybody would be disappointing if that's what we're getting.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-28 10:13:29
Link | Citer | R

Too soon for phones, give that six more months

Maybe, it's been 18 months
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-12-28 10:55:53
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Let's be honest. It's probably just gonna be moglophones stacking to 3 like omen canteens. That's a quality of life update a lot of people have been wanting for quite some time, and I don't think anybody would be disappointing if that's what we're getting.
gimme that and make segments alliance content and I might actually participate
[+]
 Asura.Yottaxa
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2021-12-28 11:39:19
Link | Citer | R

The “Teaser” image is clearly Bumba right? So this would point in that direction? Dunno how reliable a teaser image is though.
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2021-12-28 13:52:33
Link | Citer | R

Clearly they're going to implement a nerf like they did with smn and blm but aimed at melee DDs now where multiple same type WS are now going to get Hella reduced. Say goodbye to spamming savage on bumba and torc on mboze. Gonna be lit.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-28 13:53:41
Link | Citer | R

That's what needs to happen, so it's exactly what won't happen. That's the only thing you can be absolutely certain of.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2021-12-28 13:57:03
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Biglovin said: »
Clearly they're going to implement a nerf like they did with smn and blm but aimed at melee DDs now where multiple same type WS are now going to get Hella reduced. Say goodbye to spamming savage on bumba and torc on mboze. Gonna be lit.
They've been playing around with the mechanic since Dynamis Divergence W3 was implemented so it wouldn't surpise me if this is what they're doing.

The horse has more than bolted already though, it's bolted and the barn has burnt down.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-28 14:10:57
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
That's what needs to happen, so it's exactly what won't happen. That's the only thing you can be absolutely certain of.

You still have time to solo your Bumba-amp-boosted-loss RP on this side of the update and get ahead of the nerf (fix), in the 0.0000001% chance SE actually does what they should do. They won't, but everyone still has time.
 Odin.Foxmulder
Serveur: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-12-28 14:23:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Biglovin said: »

I've been mentioning this idea around for the last few months. I'd love to see it, forcing some diversity and opening up the chance of possibly actually coordinating with people and doing skillchains. Savage Blade all the things is pretty damn boring ***. Naegling has ruined an entire generation of DDs.

I think we'll see them have the NPC holding up to 2 phones, really.

Perhaps we could get a boost to boosted amp rewards if you actually kill the NM? Would be a nice reward for doing the content as intended...
 Valefor.Heabea
Serveur: Valefor
user: Heabea
By Valefor.Heabea 2021-12-28 14:51:03
Link | Citer | R

Would it be possible to check if the REMA augs have also increased? i can't see a better way of keeping the player base going other than using odyssey points on REMA augs...
 Fenrir.Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2021-12-28 15:32:35
Link | Citer | R

Is there precedent for the devs adding a nerf, like adding multi-BP nerf or GEO nerf, *after* content was released? If they're going to nerf Savage Blade, I would think it would be generally or WS spam nerf on specific, future content.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-12-28 15:42:39
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Velner said: »
Is there precedent for the devs adding a nerf, like adding multi-BP nerf or GEO nerf, *after* content was released? If they're going to nerf Savage Blade, I would think it would be generally or to specific, future content.

No, they just adjust future content accordingly. Also SB isn't used because it's the strongest damage evah, but because we can't SC Bumba and Savage Blade is widely available and doesn't SC with itself. Black Halo has the same properties but Maxentius has less jobs on it then Naegling.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-12-28 16:29:48
Link | Citer | R

There's a couple examples of SE nerfing a specific ability or mechanic in general when it was abused too hard, but I can't think of any area-specific nerfs being added later.

They added the nuke wall and nerfed BST pet WS range when they were used to kill Aeonics easily, they nerfed Modus Veritas and Souleater for their kills of Absolute Virtue, and they nerfed Embrava after it was used in every fight for Legion.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-12-28 17:12:43
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Sudra said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
Is there precedent for the devs adding a nerf, like adding multi-BP nerf or GEO nerf, *after* content was released? If they're going to nerf Savage Blade, I would think it would be generally or to specific, future content.

No, they just adjust future content accordingly. Also SB isn't used because it's the strongest damage evah, but because we can't SC Bumba and Savage Blade is widely available and doesn't SC with itself. Black Halo has the same properties but Maxentius has less jobs on it then Naegling.

Apparently you haven’t heard that savage blade IS the strongest thing evah and every job uses it for every thing all the time. At least most people (most people being 99% of Odin) I encounter think so.
Bahamut too. Naegling is the new Astral Conduit.
[+]
 Fenrir.Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2021-12-28 17:15:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
There's a couple examples of SE nerfing a specific ability or mechanic in general when it was abused too hard, but I can't think of any area-specific nerfs being added later.

They added the nuke wall and nerfed BST pet WS range when they were used to kill Aeonics easily, they nerfed Modus Veritas and Souleater for their kills of Absolute Virtue, and they nerfed Embrava after it was used in every fight for Legion.

Right, so that's nerfing generally. Given that the update is for Odyssey, specifically, I'd be surprised if it was to add a consecutive WS nerf to Bumba.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-12-28 17:45:24
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Sudra said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »

Apparently you haven’t heard that savage blade IS the strongest thing evah and every job uses it for every thing all the time. At least most people (most people being 99% of Odin) I encounter think so.

That's just folks reacting to how we kill Bumba V15, WAR and COR have always been able to do that. It's just like how folks did Reso spam all the things back in the day. If I could use Sub Job and didn't have to worry about accidental SC's, I wouldn't be using Naegling on Bumba.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2021-12-28 17:52:51
Link | Citer | R

even if they nerfed savage blade spam, you could still mix savage/judgment/black halo/resolution and get the exact same result, considering bumba gets killed with like 3.5 min to spare before its mechanic even starts lol
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-28 18:01:46
Link | Citer | R

People outside of WAR and COR were using Savage Blade (Naegling) before Bumba/Nyame anyways. I remember playing THF and using Savage Blade on Lilith VD when doing the Spitewarden method, since you don't want to skillchain in the Gyves so it was safer to SB. BRD and RDM was using Savage Blade well before Nyame came out as well. What really put it over the top was just access to Nyame WSD Path B, as previously, jobs like BRD, RUN, RDM didn't really have solid options or WSD across their armor, and weaker jobs like BST and NIN had inferior WS compared to what their main weapon class offered. Savage Blade has such good mods and WSD works so flawlessly with it, that it was too easy to not use it for the damage it offered.

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
even if they nerfed savage blade spam, you could still mix savage/judgment/black halo/resolution and get the exact same result, considering bumba gets killed with like 3.5 min to spare before its mechanic even starts lol

The mechanic starts at exactly 4 minutes after it is pulled, assuming you don't heal it early. I don't think people are killing Bumba in 30 seconds.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2021-12-28 18:03:17
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
People outside of WAR and COR were using Savage Blade (Naegling) before Bumba/Nyame anyways. I remember playing THF and using Savage Blade on Lilith VD when doing the Spitewarden method, since you don't want to skillchain in the Gyves so it was safer to SB. BRD and RDM was using Savage Blade well before Nyame came out as well. What really put it over the top was just access to Nyame WSD Path B, as previously, jobs like BRD, RUN, RDM didn't really have solid options or WSD across their armor, and weaker jobs like BST and NIN had inferior WS compared to what their main weapon class offered. Savage Blade has such good mods and WSD works so flawlessly with it, that it was too easy to not use it for the damage it offered.

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »

The mechanic starts at exactly 4 minutes after it is pulled, assuming you don't heal it early. I don't think people are killing Bumba in 30 seconds.

thought it was 5, so 2.5 then.

regardless, it doesn't change the point
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-28 18:07:38
Link | Citer | R

I understand the point, but there is more to it. Naegling has that broken stat on it where it increases attack by % for buffs on yourself. That's also a very very big part of Savage Blade/Naegling hype, as jobs with weaker native attack can hit very high without an endless line of buffs. That's not necessarily the case with the other ws. If you used other ws you mentioned, you would not get the same kind of damage that Savage puts out, especially from reso, which suffers from attack penalty (which we even tried on Bumba and it was noticeably weaker).
First Page 2 ... 13 14 15