Regal Gloves - Is Thf Bis For These?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Regal gloves - is thf bis for these?
Regal gloves - is thf bis for these?
By Slowforever 2021-12-12 13:29:22
Link | Citer | R

I am a job point 80 thf, no su 4/5 dagger. I am looking for a place to aoe farm outside of Omen. Is thief the best way to utilize these gloves? I am not just wanting to make gil but also get lots of job points, on thf and also aoe cp for other jobs like dancer or other jobs that can use these. I do have access to rank 20 odyssey gear so I am quite geared. Looking for suggestions of places to aoe and your positive experiences with them.
By SimonSes 2021-12-12 14:03:38
Link | Citer | R

I don't see how you want to make it work tbh. Unless you want to risk getting hit really badly and counter that with pocket WHM or something.
By Crossbones 2021-12-12 14:09:14
Link | Citer | R

If you want to cleave on thf you should get the su dagger. Simple as that. The gloves are trash AF. Thf can aoe any place other jobs can if you have the gear for it, which it sounds like you do. In wave 3 I put myself in magic dmg party all the time for aeolian since we basically always pull full circles and cleave them down. Even if you average 15k ae which is on the low end, hitting multiple targets will put you at a pretty high dps. For wave 3 I mainhand Aeneas though and not su dagger for obvious reasons. Besides that you could always make jp parties that are cleave focused, cleave for merits, etc.
 Bismarck.Drakelth
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2021-12-12 16:35:02
Link | Citer | R

Did you get one of the worst OU drop from a box or something? Assume it was good because its from a boss and then plan to build your entire character around it?
[+]
By Slowforever 2021-12-12 17:29:43
Link | Citer | R

Yea thf looks to be one of the weakest jobs to make use of these, will try some other jobs, and yes I use a pocket duo box -insert class- Thinking ill try dnc with a gearswap trick and have that emergency swap to dt + fan dance, or maybe ninja. I cant wait till i can get the su 5 dagger on thf though. Double dipping with gloves doesnt make sense but it would be cool if the tp ceiling was higher then 3000.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-12-12 18:55:16
Link | Citer | R

the only use I have found for these has been as a "1st hit" DT set on RNG or COR when I pull hate in a ranged strat, then swapping to a traditional DT set after that. It increases the dmg and thus the enmity loss per hit, with my hope being that whatever I pulled hate on will lose interest in me faster, and hopefully before a TP move.

It also means I end up with a tad more TP after the encounter. But again, even then I don't full-time them in a DT set b/c the reward isn't good enough to justify the risk. And if I'm up close meleeing, I'd never chance them due to AoE attacks.
By Vankathka 2021-12-12 20:24:28
Link | Citer | R

You can also make use of the gloves with HP throat stab type moves, IE Zero Hour, Barreling Smash etc that's about the only time they're useful, but generally not even worth the inventory slot.

Edit- On retesting I honestly just wouldn't use these gloves ever, whatever TP you would gain is not worth the extra damage you would take not to mention if you get caught with minimal DT gear on.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
Serveur: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-12-12 22:27:54
Link | Citer | R

That can be dangerous since DT+ can cause those types of attacks to OHKO you instead.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-12-12 22:38:03
Link | Citer | R

Vankathka said: »
I figured it went without saying to counteract the DT+ with DT- but since it needs saying I guess, yes use DT- gear with these Gloves to prevent one shots.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that counteracting the +DMG with -DT will save you from moves that are based on maximum HP values.
[+]
By Slowforever 2021-12-13 07:45:38
Link | Citer | R

loving these gloves for corsair cping
By Slowforever 2021-12-14 13:58:09
Link | Citer | R

Edit: I tested more for those who have or are considering getting gloves- bis job might be dragoon, I camped in the middle of agroing monsters (apex camp) had unlimited pulls and always agro on 1-3 mobs- was able to make umbra or sonic thrust spam. only -30 dt set, mostly glass cannon (flamma gear/ gleti) ML 20 drg power leveling alt to master.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [168 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2022-06-01 02:25:13
Link | Citer | R

Couldn't you over stack -DT in order to counteract the +DT? There is a ton of DT gear around now.
By SimonSes 2022-06-01 03:08:44
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Couldn't you over stack -DT in order to counteract the +DT? There is a ton of DT gear around now.

You could, but whole point of those gloves is to take big damage hits to get TP, so it would be counterproductive. That's why I don't see those gloves making much sense unless you have some source of healing all the time. Could be maybe good for solo something like Sheol C with Trusts. You will get hit hard and Trusts will spam cure for you. You also lacks samurai roll in that scenario, so tp gain from those gloves is relatively more significant.