Oh Hi

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Valefor » Oh hi
Oh hi
By Wendee 2021-12-09 02:03:51
Link | Citer | R

Hello empty server.
Is anyone still playing? It's lonely logging into no linkshells now.
 Bismarck.Xurion
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2021-12-09 03:11:42
Link | Citer | R

Change server.
By Draylo 2021-12-09 04:17:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura server I hear is populated
 Asura.Aeonova
Serveur: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-12-09 05:34:35
Link | Citer | R

You'll likely be just as lonely on Asura. You'll likely turn off yells after seeing the flood of people wanting to sell you them carrying you through content. It's... *** bad.

Then there is the problem with linkshells. I've been in a few and hardly anybody talks in the ones I'm in. I think it started with Homepoint/Survival Guide warps. Everyone is jumping around way too much to keep track of chat. People used to say "zone" in chat if they wanted to let people know they were gonna miss chat for a moment. I would be flooding chat with "zone. zone. zone. zone" with how much I jump around these days though.

Then there is the fact that anybody can basically solo 90% of the content in this game now. Nearly all content that remains that needs another actual human is time-gated so you need to find people to get on a schedule with to do things so they don't use up their entrance so they miss you or you miss them.

Maybe it's just me, but everyone seems to just play this game solo now. Trusts and the equipment we have now just make it all too easy.

If you're looking for social interaction the way it used to be 15~ years ago, that is all dead and gone.

Maybe you could find a linkshell that has people in it that you could befriend on Valefor without needing to change servers, but good luck.

If you have been gone a very long time, here is how you find new linkshells these days, but be warned. Many (most?) English abandoned low population servers to consolidate populations to a few servers so those players that remain on Valefor are likely Japanese; at least to my understanding. Check this link to find NPCs to get a new linkshell at (one pearl per game day).

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Linkshell_Concierge

Oh, and if you've been gone a long time, the chat type /yell has replaced /shout. /yell is seen across pretty much any city, while /shout is just the zone you're in.

Good luck.

(Oh, and if you do want to change servers, the reduced fee discount to do that goes on sale on the 17th).
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-12-09 06:58:10
Link | Citer | R

It wasnt entirely bad when i was there.

Shells are empty everywhere, but there are always a couple you can find the most of the active population in a given time. And its not like you really need much more than half dozen of real people to have an enjoyable experience anyway so try harder
 Asura.Aeonova
Serveur: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-12-09 08:05:50
Link | Citer | R

Thread title:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-12-09 08:22:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aeonova said: »
I think it started with Homepoint/Survival Guide warps. Everyone is jumping around way too much to keep track of chat. People used to say "zone" in chat if they wanted to let people know they were gonna miss chat for a moment. I would be flooding chat with "zone. zone. zone. zone" with how much I jump around these days though.
This. I know I've outright avoided starting conversations in my linkshells just knowing I'll be doing a lot of running around. I only chat if I'm just hanging out in my Mog House or taking the time to grind EXP or something.

Thankfully a lot of linkshells do Discord and stuff now. Most in-game LS chat is either telling others to get on Discord, or for discussion prior to entering an event together.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2021-12-09 08:54:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aeonova said: »

Then there is the problem with linkshells. I've been in a few and hardly anybody talks in the ones I'm in. I think it started with Homepoint/Survival Guide warps. Everyone is jumping around way too much to keep track of chat. People used to say "zone" in chat if they wanted to let people know they were gonna miss chat for a moment. I would be flooding chat with "zone. zone. zone. zone" with how much I jump around these days though.

It's all on discord now.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-12-09 10:18:15
Link | Citer | R

Video game players have always been antisocial by nature, I don't care what game it is.

The reason old FFXI was more communicative was because of the negatives with the core game itself.

A) FFXI used to have vast amounts of downtime, where you could do nothing else. Such as LFG in jeuno for hours with your flag up (and you could not leave jeuno), waiting for an NM pop between windows or waiting an hour for Dyna/Limbus start.

B) You could do nothing alone, if you didn't try to be nice to people you might as well quit. I know people that quit in the early years, and they moved to wow.

A+B = more people talking. However nobody wants the negatives that created that situation back on this or any other game.

The reason no game you can play has any kind of actual community anymore, is because the game is designed to keep you entertained.
 Valefor.Luxuria
Serveur: Valefor
user: Luxuria13
By Valefor.Luxuria 2021-12-09 11:07:53
Link | Citer | R

I'm down for a chat whenever I'm on :)
By Spookyfish89 2021-12-09 13:32:02
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
Video game players have always been antisocial by nature, I don't care what game it is.

Antisocial in real life maybe, online gaming that requires team work like FFXI and many other games will be impossible or unenjoyable at the very least if you don't socialize

Such as LFG in jeuno for hours with your flag up (and you could not leave jeuno)

You would LFG for hours sure but you could leave jeuno, everyone farmed or tried to solo exp while flagged.

You could do nothing alone

Hunt NMs, craft, farm or solo exp(job dependant)
By Wendee 2021-12-10 01:04:31
Link | Citer | R

LFG long time
No short time ok
Have key will work

Plox halp.

But really, is the community really so barren now across servers?
I don't know how much energy i have to invest in dboxing again
By Pantafernando 2021-12-10 01:44:35
Link | Citer | R

If playing with multiple characters is an option to you, I would strongly advise to it if you are anywhere outside Assura.

Having some sort of self sustainability is key to play in less populated server.
By Spookyfish89 2021-12-10 07:58:18
Link | Citer | R

Wendee said: »
But really, is the community really so barren now across servers?
I don't know how much energy i have to invest in dboxing again

A week from now you can remedy this by jumping to a more active server, Bahamut is a safe bet.
[+]
 Bahamut.Radda
Serveur: Bahamut
user: radda
By Bahamut.Radda 2021-12-10 10:25:50
Link | Citer | R

I originally played on Cerberus. When I returned, Cerberus was practically dead, so I tried Asura which was just too busy with mercs selling playing the game. Then I went to Bahamut, and I've been there since. It has a decent enough population that the AH moves, and finding a group/LS isn't too bad. It's been good to me.
[+]
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2021-12-10 10:50:44
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Radda said: »
I originally played on Cerberus. When I returned, Cerberus was practically dead, so I tried Asura which was just too busy with mercs selling playing the game. Then I went to Bahamut, and I've been there since. It has a decent enough population that the AH moves, and finding a group/LS isn't too bad. It's been good to me.

that's what sold me on it back in 2018. I already knew Asura was (still is) a cancerous cesspool of retardation based on the few times I had to send an alt there to buy ***since Lakshmi had no crafters on it and my interactions with some of the players there on these boards over the years. Bahamut is plenty busy enough with minimal annoyances and moving here was one of the best choices I have made in the 18 years I've played this game.
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-12-10 13:02:08
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Matic 2022-01-04 08:17:43
Link | Citer | R

sup Delayed!

I come back every once in awhile. Been thinking about a revisit soon. Kast and Dimension and their bros are still playing but most of them are on new chars.

I'll PM you a discord invite for their shell.
By llAKs0nll 2022-01-04 19:27:32
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
Asura server I hear is populated
I think Bahamut might be just as populated though I wish we could see such info someplace.