Forum » FFXI » General » Invisible characters when recieving mambo
Invisible characters when recieving mambo
 Shiva.Flowen
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2021-11-15 21:15:49
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone experienced an issue where players dissapear when they recieve mambo songs? They wont even reappear when fighting mobs, but using invisible/hide etc then cancelling will make the character reappear. I have tried disabling dressup. Appreciate any advice on how to fix this. Thanks!
 Bismarck.Radec
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Radec
By Bismarck.Radec 2021-11-15 21:50:21
Link | Citer | R

It's something with the Mambo song animation. Swap it to a different song w/ XiPivot and won't happen again. The Original Mambo files are ROM/12/77.DAT and ROM/12/78.DAT.

Some unused song effects you might want to replace them with:
ROM/12/90.DAT - Cactaur Fugue
ROM/12/91.DAT - Moogle Rhapsody
ROM/12/92.DAT - Protected Aria
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-11-15 22:10:50
Link | Citer | R

They might just be really really evasive

*disappears*
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
Serveur: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2021-11-16 23:06:52
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Radec said: »
It's something with the Mambo song animation. Swap it to a different song w/ XiPivot and won't happen again. The Original Mambo files are ROM/12/77.DAT and ROM/12/78.DAT.

Some unused song effects you might want to replace them with:
ROM/12/90.DAT - Cactaur Fugue
ROM/12/91.DAT - Moogle Rhapsody
ROM/12/92.DAT - Protected Aria

Thanks for the advice! So others/you have seen the same issue? or do you think a the file has an issue and a reinstall etc might fix it?
 Bismarck.Radec
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Radec
By Bismarck.Radec 2021-11-16 23:14:30
Link | Citer | R

I have this issue, yes, and have heard of it from others - there was a brd who used it as a fake/harp song for a while and several commented on the invisibility.

I don't think it's a corrupted file (or the animation wouldn't play at all, presumably) but haven't dug deeply into it beyond replacing the animation.
By suuhja 2021-11-17 10:50:48
Link | Citer | R

I have this issue too, and don't use any .dat/HD/visual mods.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Serveur: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-11-17 12:35:20
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Has anyone experienced an issue where players dissapear when they recieve mambo songs? They wont even reappear when fighting mobs, but using invisible/hide etc then cancelling will make the character reappear.

It's a server side issue. I've encountered the same glitch before. There's nothing wrong with your .dat files and there's nothing you can do to prevent it from happening. Whenever the issue arises it's usually two or three people in my party, not just 1, and nobody in the party or alliance is able to see them. You've already figured out the workaround too. Just cast invisible on the affected players, and when the invisible status wears the bug goes away. Thief's hide or dancer's spectral jig also clear up the glitch.
[+]