Suggestion To Bot Runners And RMT.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Suggestion to bot runners and RMT.
Suggestion to bot runners and RMT.
First Page 2
By RadialArcana 2021-10-31 05:20:06
Link | Citer | R

On the off chance you'll read this,

Stop visually wearing Ody gear on your bots. If you have any sense at all you'll make simple lockstyles for sparks or Adoulin 119 gear.

Firstly you're now sticking out like a sore thumb and turning into check magnets, because you are becoming memorable and are being noticed at whatever you're doing. Especially when you're there in numbers.

Secondly, you are devaluing the gear in the eyes of your potential customers and making it far less desired due to your 10 bots wearing it. This would be like a store promoting their gear by asking homeless people to wear it around town, this gear is a godsend to your business so I'm not sure why you would want this.

Lastly, you're risking making people (or maybe even the devs) salty and going on a crusade against you. Following you around in person or search, reporting you etc. If they worked hard for this gear or bought it they are not going to enjoy your throwaway bots wearing it and mocking their investment.
 Asura.Aeonova
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-10-31 05:47:15
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-10-31 06:29:58
Link | Citer | R

Don't think anyone who's 10 bots are immediately identifiable as 10 bots reads these forums, and if they do they probably don't give a ***. For that matter, every real player wears odyssey gear anyway. It's so commonplace that sparks gear stands out more.

Anyone who 'worked hard' for it and wants to lord their accomplishment over others has it augmented anyway, not sitting at R0 or unauged like RMT. If it bugs you that it's so common, maybe give SE feedback about frontloading their events so hard. You can clear T0 with less than a full party and minimal competence.

Finally, nobody is going to decide not to spend 5m on an odyssey clear to get a BIS set because too many people have it. That's ridiculous, the cost:benefit is insanely high compared to anything else in the game because SE made the content far too generous. It just goes with their trend of turning FFXI into a mobile game tier handout festival.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-10-31 08:07:31
Link | Citer | R

This is already a thing I pay attention to. (and already avoid)

The only thing I want to add is that standing out is obviously bad m'kay. Just like how Tard plate is a douchebag badge. Just like fast following 5 people through town is obvious as obvious can be. Just don't do it. But square doesn't seem to give much of a flying ***. It takes hundreds of reports.
By RadialArcana 2021-10-31 08:17:34
Link | Citer | R

Talking personally, I never used to notice these bots at all. They just blended into the background when they wore starter gear but I do now.

I notice them all doing Ambu during off hours, doing DI and all the other stuff they get upto.

Just seems really stupid to me, it's like going shoplifting in a flamboyant shirt.
 Odin.Foxmulder
Serveur: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-10-31 08:24:25
Link | Citer | R

FYI: A ton of "players" RMT and have since... forever. It wasn't always the super obvious level 30 party with gimp subjobs in Yhoator Jungle with lvl 1 RSE on.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-10-31 08:25:35
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Foxmulder said: »
FYI: A ton of "players" RMT and have since... forever. It wasn't always the super obvious level 30 party with gimp subjobs in Yhoator Jungle with lvl 1 RSE on.

Avoiding being "super obvious" was the point. 6 of the same character model, 6 of the same linkshell, 6 of the same event armor, 6 of the sameish name

You don't really pay attention (or care) when it's not blatantly obvious, generally.
By Bazing 2021-10-31 08:31:43
Link | Citer | R

I have a hunch this is about that guy who 10 boxes his bot army in full Gleti everywhere on Asura (altho I usually see him in DI).

I get why people 3-5 box when they have irregular hours, are on small server, wanna try "fun" projects with your own team etc etc.
But to me, and i'm sure i'm not alone, it shows others you are so anti-social you'd rather pay €100/100$ + a month in an MMO to play fully "solo" than make minor connections with players and actually enjoy your time with others instead of never interacting with a single human.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-10-31 08:37:07
Link | Citer | R

I see that guy in DI all the time when doing it for alts.

kusaregedo77 said: »
about a dozen full gleti thieves now bot legion 24/7, they immediately came to mind with this. super obvious, but the damage is already long done before anything happens.

What the heck does Legion have that is worth anything these days? Is that where the "40 Sealord Skins for sale" spammy yell guy is coming from?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-10-31 08:39:54
Link | Citer | R

Legion has the honors that trade for pulse weapons (maximulian shouts) and crafting mats

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By missdivine 2021-10-31 11:12:26
Link | Citer | R

More than half of the server population is full of bots/multi-accounts running around blatantly like a ff8 party. Why this bothers you? they are in every event zone.
By Rips 2021-10-31 14:02:54
Link | Citer | R

about a dozen full gleti thieves now bot legion 24/7, they immediately came to mind with this. super obvious, but the damage is already long done before anything happens.

That's the cheaperspheres guy who is no longer in Port Jeuno, if we're thinking about the same person. Wonder what made him stop with the spheres.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-10-31 14:04:31
Link | Citer | R

The constant bots/rmt bringing down prices of stuff just makes me happy I already have enough gil :x. what a pain to make it otherwise
[+]
By Draylo 2021-10-31 16:22:12
Link | Citer | R

The fastfollow, with all derpy matching names and matching armor (usually t mail) running along like FF8. Really cringe seeing it everywhere these days lol. What happened to that guy with the cool formations, at least he tried to be different.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-10-31 16:29:36
Link | Citer | R

All this talk of bots and breaking the rules reminds me of Robocop. You had better google "robocop remake scene 27". You're welcome.

Anyhoo...

Draylo said: »
What happened to that guy with the cool formations

The only formation that matters:

[+]
By mhomho 2021-10-31 17:54:43
Link | Citer | R

Bazing said: »
shows others you are so anti-social you'd rather pay €100/100$ + a month in an MMO to play fully "solo" than make minor connections with players and actually enjoy your time with others instead of never interacting with a single human.
Someone's never worked retail~
[+]
 Asura.Milyu
user: Milyu
By Asura.Milyu 2021-11-01 02:17:50
Link | Citer | R

I get why people 3-5 box when they have irregular hours, are on small server, wanna try "fun" projects with your own team etc etc.
But to me, and i'm sure i'm not alone, it shows others you are so anti-social you'd rather pay €100/100$ + a month in an MMO to play fully "solo" than make minor connections with players and actually enjoy your time with others instead of never interacting with a single human.

I'm sure those anti-socials don't care what some random neckbeards on the internet feels about them.

Lay off the self-important attitude.
[+]
By Mrgrim 2021-11-01 02:17:51
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
What happened to that guy with the cool formations, at least he tried to be different.

He went back to Shiva, but currently playing 14. He hops on our disc server every now and then. Then again he's too busy being a game dev so we don't see him often.
By Shichishito 2021-11-01 03:15:30
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Milyu said: »
I'm sure those anti-socials don't care what some random neckbeards on the internet feels about them.

apparently they care enough to make a sock account to comment on some neckbeards opinion.
[+]
 Asura.Milyu
user: Milyu
By Asura.Milyu 2021-11-01 03:31:17
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »

apparently they care enough to make a sock account to comment on some neckbeards opinion.

those anti-socials =/= I
Understand? If not, reread my previous post few more times.
I enjoy playing with my friends.
By Bazing 2021-11-01 07:53:49
Link | Citer | R

Just like I give 0 *** about your opinion, Mr Stranger who points fingers without knowing anything.
Lay off the douchebag attitude fatso (since your neckbeard comment I assume we're all free to use words even though we've never met before right?)
The couple morons replying to my comment are missing my point obviously. It's an MMORPG, it is literally in the name. If you don't get that then idk what to tell ya kids.
By Bongarippa 2021-11-01 09:39:53
Link | Citer | R

staghorn coral and penelope cloth used in abj synths, palladian brass ore
Need these legion botters to head over to Bismarck. There's plenty of penelope's cloth competition with not enough supply.
By sumo 2021-11-01 10:05:50
Link | Citer | R

Just like I give 0 *** about your opinion, Mr Stranger who points fingers without knowing anything.
Lay off the douchebag attitude fatso (since your neckbeard comment I assume we're all free to use words even though we've never met before right?)
The couple morons replying to my comment are missing my point obviously. It's an MMORPG, it is literally in the name. If you don't get that then idk what to tell ya kids.

Me, who's fat and also has a neck beard
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-11-01 12:17:36
Link | Citer | R

Bongarippa said: »
Need these legion botters to head over to Bismarck. There's plenty of penelope's cloth competition with not enough supply

I farm my own when I need it since there's a certain AH botter that seems to have a monopoly on a few items.
By Bongarippa 2021-11-01 12:53:07
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Need these legion botters to head over to Bismarck. There's plenty of penelope's cloth competition with not enough supply

I farm my own when I need it since there's a certain AH botter that seems to have a monopoly on a few items.

Yea I been tryin to do that myself. Did a hall of an, killed like 35 mobs or somethin and got 1 drop. But yea, penelope's cloths, muculent ingots, and moonbow cloths all being botted or heavily camped. At least those are the ones i've noticed.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-11-01 12:57:54
Link | Citer | R

Yea I been tryin to do that myself. Did a hall of an, killed like 35 mobs or somethin and got 1 drop. But yea, penelope's cloths, muculent ingots, and moonbow cloths all being botted or heavily camped. At least those are the ones i've noticed.

It's the same dude with his 47 mules.
By Mattelot 2021-11-01 13:06:59
Link | Citer | R

Telling a cheater not to cheat is a very unproductive use of time.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ringoko
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2021-11-01 13:30:48
Link | Citer | R

Doesn't seem that critical if there are some on the AH and you're not willing to pay more than the market manipulated price.

Try bidding more than 50k? /SHRUG
First Page 2