Forum » FFXI » General » ProJared Discusses FFXI
ProJared Discusses FFXI
 Asura.Aeonova
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-10-31 05:49:18
Link | Citer | R

Youtubers are carnivores in that if there are views to be had by making a video of "the downfall of projared", then they will be made (and were made).
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2021-10-31 05:53:37
Link | Citer | R

Only major thing that bugs me about ProJared's video on XI is that towards the end he makes the claim that this is the most he's ever played XI. He shows his play time as 11 days(almost 12 I think), so like 280 hours. That is a lot of time for like, a single player game, but for XI it's a drop in the bucket. I do wish he'd spent another week or so playing on retail to actually talk about the story. Only thing I can figure is that since he knows most people didn't play it, that they wouldn't be interested in it, so he'd lose video retention.

--------------------------------------------

So the breakdown of the ProJared drama from 2019 goes thusly:

His hot wife and him had been having some sort of issues for a couple years prior. Hot wife says, "Hey let's get into polyamory."

Hot wife begins to bang other dudes on the regular, while Jared acquiesces(afaik), and he turns to having a sex fueled Tumblr and other various illicit social media type accounts. (And is apparently into dressing up as Sailor Mercury, oof)

Well, think it was either Fall 2018 or maybe fall 2017? I'd have to rewatch the receipts video and see if there's an archive of the wife's version of events. Either way, Fall of some year Jared starts actually getting into a relationship with his co-host Holly something or other. Slightly less hot than his hot wife, and also apparently the ex-wife or about to be ex-wife at the time they started dating of Ross, an editor from Game Grumps, I think?

The idea that Jared's actually going to be with someone else upsets hot wife, and so she wants to suddenly end the, "open" marriage, which up till then had mainly benefitted her. Jared doesn't want to, of course. So she files for divorce.

After filing, she makes a public statement across Facebook to their friends and family, turning a private affair into a public one, in an attempt to demonize Jared, so that he will give into all of her demands. Out of the deal she got a new car, a new apartment, a lot of his money, and a lot of other stuff. But as I recall, she claimed she was going to be destitute and that it wasn't enough etc.

By the time it's reached Twitter, all sorts of dirt is surfacing from his sex tumblr and other places. Folks come out of the woodwork claiming to have been minors at the time they started sexting him on tumblr. They're later proven to be liars seeking clout, but it takes several months.

In this time, Youtubers seeking clicks make wave after wave of video just to have another monetized video on their channels. Most of them take hot wife's side, as all of the info hasn't been presented yet. Only hot wife's side of the story is on display, with Jared giving vague text blocks about needing to wait to get all of the info, in an apologetic tone. Which all only add fuel the fire as nothing they say is conclusive, and none of them are a full apology to hot wife.

So that all went down in April/May of 2019. It's not until... I wanna say August that ProJared makes his receipts video, and proves his side of the story to be true. Or at least more believable than his ex-wife's(mainly because he used the same text messages she used, but provided them within their full context). Of course, his channel isn't showing a recovery. I think he's been shadow banned from the algorithm promoting it or something. He had just reached a million subscribers when his wife made the divorce public. He's been sitting at roughly 880k subs now since his receipts video. He's been way more active on his main channel again too, though I think he spends the majority of his time streaming now, and he has a second channel with like 200k subs which he just fills with his Twitch streams.

So the guy's no angel, and he's certainly a pervert(I have no room to talk there, but I'm not THAT bad). But he didn't cheat on his wife anymore than she cheated on him, imo, and he's no pedophile(those were the gravest allegations which got most people to jump on the cancel wagon).
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-10-31 06:08:18
Link | Citer | R

This seems to have happened around the time Channel Awesome imploded and everyone was up in arms about Gamer Gate as well so the narrative kind of seemed like not an outlier and more of the trend.
By Shichishito 2021-10-31 06:33:30
Link | Citer | R

so neither holly nor hotwife have a onlyfans?
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2021-10-31 06:36:08
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
Hell if I know. Both kinda seemed like bags of crazy to me, Holly less so than Hot Wife(Heidi). I think Atelier Heidi is her twitter handle unless she changed it or deleted it.

I reviewed the drama when it kicked off, and then when Jared brought it to an end.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-10-31 07:01:50
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »

Thirsty. You know there are pictures and videos on the internet of hotties, right? Possibly lonely singles in your area too, if the ads are to be believed.
[+]
 Odin.Foxmulder
Serveur: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-10-31 07:54:46
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said: »
Folks come out of the woodwork claiming to have been minors at the time they started sexting him on tumblr. They're later proven to be liars seeking clout, but it takes several months.

They were actually hoping to get flooded with donations to be used for... personal goals (won't get into it here).

Quote:
In this time, Youtubers seeking clicks make wave after wave of video just to have another monetized video on their channels.

Someone *** embedded The Quartering of all people earlier in this thread. That dude is a hot piece of garbage.

Asura.Aeonova said: »
This seems to have happened around the time Channel Awesome imploded and everyone was up in arms about Gamer Gate as well so the narrative kind of seemed like not an outlier and more of the trend.

It was much closer to #MeToo and his ex-wifes *** claims rode that energy hard.

Amazingly, #ChangeTheChannel had about... no effect on Channel Awesome. A lot of the complaints were trivial dumb ***. For example, craft services and transportation on an amateur film shoot were terrible/non-existant. Also, they didn't like their lines and Doug wouldn't change them to what they wanted. The horror. It did bring out some pretty gnarly dirty laundry on some associated people like JewWario, though.

Also, the fact that I know this much about this dumb ***is depressing to me.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-10-31 08:20:55
Link | Citer | R

Thirsty.

Calling a guy thirsty is like calling water wet, some just hide it better.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-10-31 08:48:19
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
some just hide it better.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-10-31 10:03:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said: »
Only major thing that bugs me about ProJared's video on XI is that towards the end he makes the claim that this is the most he's ever played XI. He shows his play time as 11 days(almost 12 I think), so like 280 hours. That is a lot of time for like, a single player game, but for XI it's a drop in the bucket. I do wish he'd spent another week or so playing on retail to actually talk about the story. Only thing I can figure is that since he knows most people didn't play it, that they wouldn't be interested in it, so he'd lose video retention.
I was thinking a lot about that as well. He spent so much time talking about 2003~2005 FFXI that now a lot of those problems are going to be first and foremost in the minds of prospective players. But the retail version of XI has gotten better over the years - it has evolved with the times. Virtually every issue with release-FFXI has been dialed back.

It kinda makes me wish he gives XIV the same treatment. He should spend the first 20 minutes talking about the game's awful initial release and then 30 seconds describing how whats-his-face got hired to convert it into a WoW clone.

Aside from that, though, I'm looking forward to his reviews of XII and XIII. I've got some big opinions on those games lol
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cesil
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2021-10-31 17:02:41
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
Bahamut.Inspectorgadget said: »
nah, only cheated on his (pregnant?) wife with some rainbow haired freakshow from the bowels on Tumblr and treated her like complete dogshit in the process. It's been like 3 years so I don't remember exactly what happened.

When I read this I had this visual image of you as a 80 year old lady in a room with 4 other 80 year old ladies gossiping over some dudes personal life from down town.

I have no idea who any of these folks are or what this is all going on about, but this killed me, thank you, I needed that laugh today XD
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-10-31 19:03:05
Link | Citer | R

Thirsty.
YouTube Video Placeholder