Final Fantasy XI: Top Five Jobs (Ruaumoko )

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Final Fantasy XI: Top Five Jobs (Ruaumoko )
Final Fantasy XI: Top Five Jobs (Ruaumoko )
First Page 2 3 4
By RadialArcana 2021-10-11 15:47:27
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

You have probably seen it but just in-case.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Haorhu8 2021-10-11 16:58:38
Link | Citer | R

Corsair ?
 Asura.Iamaman
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2021-10-11 17:18:33
Link | Citer | R

I'm really interested in what this big job update SE has brewing does for some of these jobs.

I think Ruau has done a really good job at showcasing what these jobs are capable of, in a time when a lot of them are kindof shoved in the corner due to a lack of awareness around what they can do (mainly by folks who haven't played them), requirement that the party do something more than just Savage Blade everything with typical buffs, or high gear requirements that most can't achieve (e.g. Rank B Nyame for NIN). Yes, there is a bit of salt there.

Seeing NINs fall from grace for me has been a bit frustrating. When I played in 75 cap days, it was my favorite job and it was in the lead of jobs people were requesting since it could tank and deal some decent damage at the same time. Seeing it fall from that to where it is now sucks. I think it could be buffed to be brought up to par, even if the days of NINs getting invites the moment their flag goes up are over. It feels like they want to make it relevant, but aren't sure how.

I do like what the Nyame set has done once it is augmented, though. I think it opens a lot of opportunities for NIN, but getting there is out of reach for most IMO especially when you have jobs that can deal enough damage to not bother with the high cost of entry to making NIN hybrids strong enough to be relevant. I'm dedicated to the job and getting there slowly with Nyame, but I think most with less time or interest would rather play jobs that can achieve similar results with considerably less effort. That said, it is nice to have something to aspire to that isn't merced left and right.
[+]
By gregchiro2013 2021-10-11 17:18:53
Link | Citer | R

Its his fav jobs not best jobs lol
Id love a DD Bard Video, since Bard can pretty much do everything but tank lol
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-10-11 20:33:50
Link | Citer | R

I remember my first endgame ls, the bard leader tanked Fafnir as brd/nin. Bard songs used to give mad enmity long ago before they were nerfed.
[+]
 Asura.Aessk
user: Hobbes423
By Asura.Aessk 2021-10-11 21:30:29
Link | Citer | R

TL;DR:
5. RDM
4. PUP
3. DNC
2. SCH
1. NIN
[+]
By Draylo 2021-10-11 21:41:44
Link | Citer | R

Feels almost like a troll list.
[+]
 Asura.Kronikx
By Asura.Kronikx 2021-10-11 21:51:46
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
I remember my first endgame ls, the bard leader tanked Fafnir as brd/nin. Bard songs used to give mad enmity long ago before they were nerfed.

Wow, I remember those days. When War/Nin with dual swords or axes was laughed at, Pld/Nin hadn't figured out you don't need to dual wield just because you can, and the shield is still better even with /nin.

The brave Brd/Nin showing the world that even a job that can get shredded like wet paper can tank the biggest guns in the game.

At least until SE nerfed the enmity gain from songs.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2021-10-11 23:23:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kronikx said: »

Wow, I remember those days. When War/Nin with dual swords or axes was laughed at, Pld/Nin hadn't figured out you don't need to dual wield just because you can, and the shield is still better even with /nin.

The brave Brd/Nin showing the world that even a job that can get shredded like wet paper can tank the biggest guns in the game.

At least until SE nerfed the enmity gain from songs.

Until the 2handed update in 2007, War/nin with dual axes(or swords) was a powerhouse.
Hell, WAR could dual wield just about anything, due to Aggressor, and still obliterate stuff. Especially Jailer of Temperance.

After the 2handed update, yeah. Had much better options, for the most part.
[+]
By Chaplin 2021-10-12 05:51:31
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
Feels almost like a troll list.

Random guy’s favorite jobs. Cool?
By mhomho 2021-10-12 06:03:15
Link | Citer | R

It's just bait.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-10-12 16:25:51
Link | Citer | R

The only bait here is the idiotic thread title.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-10-12 17:06:35
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Lowen said: »

That's what the video was originally called, stop sperging.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-10-12 18:15:53
Link | Citer | R

The video was nicely edited and brings a non-common PoV whats always healthy for discussion.

Agree with it or not, it was a nice watch.
[+]
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Tydis 2021-10-12 18:30:19
Link | Citer | R

As a guy with Aspergers, eat a ***.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-10-12 19:02:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Tydis said: »

As a guy with Aspergers, eat a ***.

I feel like I'm on twitter.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Lowen
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-10-12 19:34:54
Link | Citer | R

The title of the video hasn't changed since he put it up. It's been "My Top 5 Jobs" from the start.

Even if it had changed, it's a moronic thread title if you bothered listening to the first five seconds of the video, or read the description.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2021-10-12 19:42:40
Link | Citer | R

Its his opinion

My top five are

5. Mnk
4. Brd
3. Cor
2. Dnc
1. Tie with thf and rdm

Obviously I enjoy other jobs but these are the jobs I love
[+]
 Asura.Emba
user: Emba
By Asura.Emba 2021-10-12 19:49:30
Link | Citer | R

If FFXI doesn't end up working out for Rua the man could make a mint doing narration for audiobooks. 10/10 soothing voice, the Morgan Freeman of NZ
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-10-13 03:57:35
Link | Citer | R

The title of the video hasn't changed since he put it up. It's been "My Top 5 Jobs" from the start.

Even if it had changed, it's a moronic thread title if you bothered listening to the first five seconds of the video, or read the description.

TOP 5 JOBS!
 Odin.Creaucent
Serveur: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-10-13 04:45:59
Link | Citer | R

TOP 5 JOBS!

Missing a key word "My" to change the whole context of "Top Five Jobs".
By SimonSes 2021-10-13 04:51:51
Link | Citer | R

No idea why you (Lowen mostly) try to push responsible for creating "confusing" or rather "bait" title on RadialArcana. It was Rua who did it. I have no idea if he did it as bait or to encourage discussion or just because he haven't thought it though, but it was RUA's idea to present it this way. Stop hating on Radial for keeping in untouched, instead of trying to explain it.
By RadialArcana 2021-10-13 05:43:01
Link | Citer | R

It's not a big deal to most people, just a few people have to be a potato these days. It's just a fun video, don't take stuff so serious.
By Ruaumoko 2021-10-13 05:51:57
Link | Citer | R

Okay, wow.

Looking through this page and... it's remarkable what missing out a word in a title can do. Yes, the list is my personal top five and not a be-all-end-all. I mention this within the first thirty seconds of the video but I guess the video's title needed to reflect that better.

No, it was not meant as bait. I genuinely wanted to get a discussion going on why people like playing the jobs they do as it could indicate what aspects of gameplay they enjoy.

I changed the title of the video to better reflect it, so this was not Radial baiting anyone either. Any fault is with me, I'll be more cautious in future.

Asura.Emba said: »
If FFXI doesn't end up working out for Rua the man could make a mint doing narration for audiobooks. 10/10 soothing voice, the Morgan Freeman of NZ
Cheers. I am currently working on a second channel which will be completely removed from FFXI. My ongoing history and mythology series has been a warm-up for it.
[+]
 Sylph.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vyrerus
By Sylph.Vyre 2021-10-13 05:57:01
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Emba said: »

Yeah, his lore on equipment vids and the mythology their names come from are top shelf. I literally spent a slow night at the hotel just listening to it while drinking coffee.

Very relaxing. 10/10
[+]
By Chaplin 2021-10-13 06:03:41
Link | Citer | R

Ruaumoko said: »
I genuinely wanted to get a discussion going

You replied to a whole 1 comment. Not a very deep discussion.
By Ruaumoko 2021-10-13 06:13:38
Link | Citer | R

Chaplin said: »

Not every discussion has to involve me.
If people get chatting in their own threads on that section then that’s all the better.
[+]
By Chaplin 2021-10-13 06:18:53
Link | Citer | R

Chaplin said: »

Not every discussion has to involve me.
If people get chatting in their own threads on that section then that’s all the better.

So… you wanted to get a discussion going that you were not going to participate in?

Makes sense
By RadialArcana 2021-10-13 08:58:23
Link | Citer | R

Some people just like to troll. Imagine getting riled up cause a word was missed form a video title lolo
First Page 2 3 4