Fishing Profits?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » Fishing Profits?
Fishing Profits?
 Asura.Prride
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Vortex
By Asura.Prride 2021-09-21 14:11:59
Link | Citer | R

Ok lets say I have 110 Fishing and Ebisu +1, now what?
I mean what do I fish up for profits by selling to NPCs or from AH?
A little lost, please help?
By Draylo 2021-09-21 14:53:07
Link | Citer | R

Nothing really, its pretty much dead as of now. Once you get all the glowing stuff its pretty much just a hobby to collect, like most of the game. There are just too many better ways to make Gil now than to bother with fishing.
[+]
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2021-09-21 14:58:06
Link | Citer | R

Matsya sell for over 200k on ah, but they're a *** so it's hard to feel like they're even close to being worth it. If you're really bored, level cooking and make sushi.
 Shiva.Phioness
Serveur: Shiva
user: Phioness
By Shiva.Phioness 2021-09-21 15:02:25
Link | Citer | R

Would be noice if they threw in some epic loot for those who took the time to lvl fishing(AMAN trove accessory style),some cool unique cosmetic stuff , or a chance to catch noice currencies like 100 bills, s. astral, linnen alexandrite sacks. Perhaps bring it up on the ffxi fish forums.
By gargurty 2021-09-21 15:02:49
Link | Citer | R

best use for fishing is cooking tbh. It will save ye tons of gill if ye get your own fish to cook.
 Shiva.Eightball
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2021-09-21 15:06:23
Link | Citer | R

I make 100M Gil a day fishing right from my own home and you can too, just click the link to find out how!!
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-09-21 15:06:50
Link | Citer | R

Im not sure how much, but fishes for escha/reisen HELM NMs could be a way to go
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-09-21 15:20:52
Link | Citer | R

making fishing usefull again sounds nice in theory but in reality we'd just see fish bots pop left and right to ruin the market.

fishing isn't worth it, cooking isn't worth it, demand for both is saturated. why would fishing + cooking be suddenly worth it?
if you're still not fed up with grinding after your daily odyssey and omen run and you've already maxed out ambuscade this month then your probably still better off just farming some currency than to fish and cook.

the final quest for ebisu +1 was pretty nice but once you have it you're done with fishing.
[+]
 Asura.Prride
By Asura.Prride 2021-09-21 15:48:01
Link | Citer | R

"demand for both is saturated." Ok so what craft isn't saturated? I know goldsmithing is, I see those shields everywhere.
By gargurty 2021-09-21 16:11:11
Link | Citer | R

for cooking all crafts are basicly profit, tho not much but still profit :)
By Shichishito 2021-09-21 16:46:14
Link | Citer | R

with high risk/reward crafts like goldsmithing you have at least the chance for a lucky HQ. i'm not saying do goldsmithing, i'm just saying don't do fishing/cooking.
the final stage shield costs are somewhat the same for cooking than for all the other crafts but it doesn't have any recipes that turn a massive profit if you get lucky.

to make cooking profitable you need to sell high quantities. even if you have a lot of mules for extra AH space, distributing to mules is tedious, competition is high and probably automated and the player pool is a lot smaller than it used to be.

when you get your stacks of sublime sushi or marine stewpots returned despite undercutting you just know it's not worth your time.
 Asura.Prride
By Asura.Prride 2021-09-21 16:51:17
Link | Citer | R

So fishing and cooking just aint worth it? great /cry
Ok guess I'll find something else to do instead.
By Draylo 2021-09-21 17:18:52
Link | Citer | R

I'm still bitter they added number system to the rods but nothing for people who did original afterglow.
 Leviathan.Andret
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-09-21 17:32:25
Link | Citer | R

"In the long run, profits go to zero" - Some Economist Guy.
[+]
 Valefor.Worlace
Serveur: Valefor
user: Worlace
By Valefor.Worlace 2021-09-21 17:59:24
Link | Citer | R

I don’t know about you guys but I make a fairly consistent income/profit through fishing and cooking. It’s not sexy, but if you want to make >10m/week, it’s consistent. Certainly periods where the RMT come in and crash certain cooking items but that’s been the case for 19 years.
 Asura.Zihi
user: Yankke23
By Asura.Zihi 2021-09-21 18:22:33
Link | Citer | R

Not a lot of Gil, but basically Duskcrawerl, ashen crayfish, Black sole, grugru Tuna and craft sublime sushi remember you also have to deal with AH undercut, so basically I won't waste my time.

4 accounts 110 Fishing + Ebishu +1
Cooking 110 + shield.

There's not a lot to do in the game anyways, cap ambuscade and fish cooking I guess...
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-09-21 19:28:01
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Worlace said: »
I don’t know about you guys but I make a fairly consistent income/profit through fishing and cooking. It’s not sexy, but if you want to make >10m/week, it’s consistent

Seconding this. I keep my HQ food and sell most of my NQ and still profit quite a bit. Not to mention, food moves a hell of a lot faster than anything else on Bismarck.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-09-21 22:58:35
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Prride said: »

This sounds exactly like what someone would be asking if they once heard some others claiming "I make lots of money daily NPCing fish I bot overnight".

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck... I'm gonna say that it's likely...
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2021-09-22 08:19:03
Link | Citer | R

Fishing has been dead since they nerfed Hakuryus in 2014.
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2021-09-22 08:33:30
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Inspectorgadget said: »

I super miss fighting for sinking minnows at the npc.
[+]
 Asura.Schroe
user: Schroe
By Asura.Schroe 2021-09-22 14:04:59
Link | Citer | R

Cooking/Fishing here. Took a break for a year due to work related stuff, recently came back and the cooking market is even WORSE than it was a year ago. I was able to sell large quantities of sublime sushi last year at a decent profit, now it's almost all loss. 50k/stack for sublime is almost 0 profit, on Asura at least. Other servers may be better for cooking.

Fishing is really dead and it's unfortunate. It's a shame it's too easy to automate. Not that cooking was ever amazingly high profit either, but it funded multiple REMA for me over the course of a few years with steady profit. Now I can't even make steady gil with cooking and that's with selling a wide variety of things. It sucks. Making some changes to the curio vendor moogle would be nice, but time to just focus on other ways to make gil and just sell food when I can.

Asura.Zihi said: »
grugru Tuna

I cannot recommend these UNLESS you did not take the 100+ fishing test. If you DID NOT take the test, they are OK profit. IF you took the test then Tiger Shark gets added to the majority of possible catches, reducing the amount of tuna that bite greatly.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-09-22 14:17:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bluespoons said: »
Not sure if you're serious or just looking back with fondness at the absurdness of that situation.

It's the Stockholm syndrome of FFXI.
Sorry for the minor thread derail, but OP's question was pretty much answered by now and summed up with:

Asura.Schroe
user: Schroe
By Asura.Schroe 2021-09-22 14:31:19
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Not sure if you're serious or just looking back with fondness at the absurdness of that situation.

It's the Stockholm syndrome of FFXI. I kind of find myself looking back on things I put myself through playing FFXI like this (that I would never do these days) with a certain fondness... even if they were absurd gates that SE put in place; limited purchases from NPCs / spawns taking days / abysmally low drop rates.

All of this wasn't fun, it was doing it all with friends that made it great. Friends and I would camp the boats leveling fishing and hoping to get the Sea Horror constantly. Then you'd see one random idiot lose his Lu rod on an interrupted synth. Good times. CoP level caps were another. I hated the entire concept of that crap but man I had some fun with the people I did CoP with. Promyvion zergs with like 30 people calling for help all they way to the top, then being the only group to not wipeout despite using a non meta party. (ie. 3-4 smn for a promy boss, how those groups failed constantly is beyond me)
 Valefor.Worlace
Serveur: Valefor
user: Worlace
By Valefor.Worlace 2021-09-22 17:56:01
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bluespoons said: »

The pure ecstasy of finding a boat with a maximum stock of minnows is indescribable. I can still get that feeling today
[+]
 Asura.Prride
By Asura.Prride 2021-09-24 15:05:37
Link | Citer | R

How did they nerf Hakuryus?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2021-09-24 16:47:44
Link | Citer | R

Apart from cooking, if you want to go the NPCable route there's this:

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Ancient_Carp

NPCs for over 3k, so 600k a day max per character. They're the only fish that bite on little worms and never break the line. Bit of a pain in the *** to get to their location and they don't stack, so bring a lot of inventory. It ain't much, but it's passive income if you're using something. Should take about 7~8 hours to hit 200.

How did they nerf Hakuryus?

They used to NPC for 10k, so you could make 2mil a day on them for every character.