Garland Of Bliss WS Set?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Garland of Bliss WS set?
Garland of Bliss WS set?
By Guyford 2021-09-18 13:18:40
Link | Citer | R

Weatherspoon +1 seems like the obvious choice for adoulin ring. Big bonuses to trueflight, seraph blade, DE Holy 2, luminohelix, as well as quick magic for stuff with long recast timers like utsu for all jobs, and of course, Garland of Bliss.

Other choices are all more niche uses like pet ring or vocane, or give very minor bonuses like ws ring. I guess movement speed ring gives you a bunch of extra inventory not having to carry different movement speed gear for each job but meh.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2021-09-18 13:20:25
Link | Citer | R

Guyford said: »
Weatherspoon +1 seems like the obvious choice for adoulin ring. Big bonuses to trueflight, seraph blade, DE Holy 2, luminohelix, as well as quick magic for stuff with long recast timers like utsu for all jobs, and of course, Garland of Bliss.

Other choices are all more niche uses like pet ring or vocane, or give very minor bonuses like ws ring. I guess movement speed ring gives you a bunch of extra inventory not having to carry different movement speed gear for each job but meh.
Not to mention the fact (except it was mentioned) it's literally the only +18% for multiple jobs. Other rings are nice, but none are as useful.
By Guyford 2021-09-18 13:24:29
Link | Citer | R

I think we have different definitions of useful. Being able to run 6% faster isn't going to help much in like 99% of fights on those jobs. Yea maybe it helps you run around faster between groups in odyssey farms but I prefer gear that gives a substantial boost to seraph/trueflight and helps me anytime I sub nin.
By Jetackuu 2021-09-18 13:55:38
Link | Citer | R

Guyford said: »
I think we have different definitions of useful. Being able to run 6% faster isn't going to help much in like 99% of fights on those jobs. Yea maybe it helps you run around faster between groups in odyssey farms but I prefer gear that gives a substantial boost to seraph/trueflight and helps me anytime I sub nin.

Obviously.Snape
 Shiva.Phioness
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Phioness
By Shiva.Phioness 2021-09-18 16:13:58
Link | Citer | R

I get the feeling that Jetackuu, much like Bender has a few to many drinks before popping on here and lowering our IQ with his inebriated gear discussion.

Weatherspoon+1 all the way for SMN,RNG,COR QD Light, 290 Club magic WS for certain jobs Flash Nova build, and quickmagic set for all jobs. Switched to this ring after most of em have become dated, like poor Benders software.
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
Serveur: Asura
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-09-18 16:55:34
Link | Citer | R

sets.me["Garland of Bliss"] ={
ammo="Pemphredo Tathlum",
head="C. Palug Crown",
body={ name="Amalric Doublet +1", augments={'MP+80','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+25','"Fast Cast"+4',}},
hands="Amalric Gages +1",
legs={ name="Merlinic Shalwar", augments={'Pet: "Regen"+1','"Cure" potency +2%','Weapon skill damage +9%','Accuracy+10 Attack+10','Mag. Acc.+14 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+14',}},
feet={ name="Nyame Sollerets", augments={'Path: B',}},
neck="Saevus Pendant +1",
waist="Orpheus's Sash",
left_ear="Friomisi Earring",
right_ear="Malignance Earring",
left_ring="Weather. Ring",
rring="Epaminondas's Ring",
back={ name="Campestres's Cape", augments={'MND+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','Magic Damage +10','Weapon skill damage +10%','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},
}

Use shell crusher if you want defense down.
By Jetackuu 2021-09-18 16:58:01
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Phioness said: »
I get the feeling that Jetackuu, much like Bender has a few to many drinks before popping on here and lowering our IQ with his inebriated gear discussion.

Weatherspoon+1 all the way for SMN,RNG,COR QD Light, 290 Club magic WS for certain jobs Flash Nova build, and quickmagic set for all jobs. Switched to this ring after most of em have become dated, like poor Benders software.
nope, but lovely personal attack there. Grow up.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-09-18 17:04:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jdove said: »
Use shell crusher if you want defense down
Just saying no body ever using bliss for the defense down.

Edit: NVM, Not sure why you would do that but okay (25% vs 12%)
Jetackuu said: »
It's worth noting that a lot of completed GoB sets may focus on MaCCinstead of MaB, to extend the debuff duration
By Jetackuu 2021-09-18 20:25:32
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bippin said: »
Asura.Jdove said: »
Use shell crusher if you want defense down
Just saying no body ever using bliss for the defense down.

Edit: NVM, Not sure why you would do that but okay (25% vs 12%)
It's worth noting that a lot of completed GoB sets may focus on MaCCinstead of MaB, to extend the debuff duration

A. magical vs vs physical.
B. Can use on mobs that shell crusher has no effect on.

But no certainly in most cases one wouldn't use it for that.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-09-18 21:42:31
Link | Citer | R

Concerning A, there's quite a minimal difference between physical and magical WSs when talking solely about landing added effect debuffs with them. Physical WSs require both ACC and MACC to land (though this is rarely a problem these days since there's a wide selection of gear and food that has large amounts of both).

Outside of that, physical WSs can't land debuffs on enemies that has Perfect Dodge up. This is really an edge case, though, so it's basically a wash unless the enemy is REALLY physically evasive and you don't have the buffs to support it.

As for B, Shell Crusher works on everything Garland of Bliss does and more (assuming Perfect Dodge isn't up) since Shell Crusher has a Defense Down priority rank of 2, while Garland of Bliss has a Defense Down priority rank of 1.
By Jetackuu 2021-09-18 21:49:16
Link | Citer | R

You're objectively wrong, but ok.

Your fascination with this at this point is hilarious.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-09-18 21:52:03
Link | Citer | R

Pardon me if I don't take your word for it without backup information. I'm up for hearing how physical vs magical differs in ways that I forgot if you can support it, though.

Also, huh? How is posting once a fascination?
By Jetackuu 2021-09-18 21:54:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
Pardon me if I don't take your word for it without backup information. I'm up for hearing how physical vs magical differs in ways that I forgot.

Also, huh? How is posting once a fascination?

If at this point you don't understand the differences then there is no helping you, but it's worth a shot, here: https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Main_Page

Yes posting on a moot subject is a fascination.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-09-18 21:57:40
Link | Citer | R

So basically you have nothing? Debuffs from physical WSs and debuffs from magical WSs are calculated in the same way by FFXI, as magic accuracy vs magic evasion-based enfeebles that have elements dependent on the debuff in question, so it just comes down to whether the WS itself hits the mob or not.

Nah, popping into a topic and spending a minute or two posting isn't a fascination. I admit I'm now a little fascinated by your acidity now, though.
By Jetackuu 2021-09-18 21:59:20
Link | Citer | R

So basically you have nothing? Debuffs from physical WSs and debuffs from magical WSs are calculated in the same way by FFXI, as magic accuracy-based debuffs that have elements dependent on the debuff in question, so it just comes down to whether the WS itself hits the mob or not.

Nah, popping into a topic and spending a minute or two posting isn't a fascination. I admit I'm now a little fascinated with your acidity now, though.

I have what I said and logic. It's not my problem you are making an argument where there was none.

I'm curious as to your delusion, but hey.

I'll spell it out for you since you don't seem to be getting it: There are situations where you couldn't or wouldn't use the one in favor of the other, albeit rare. Nothing more nothing less.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-09-18 22:09:50
Link | Citer | R

Man, you're *** rude wow
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-09-18 22:11:05
Link | Citer | R

I was adding details on both points as context in case someone might find it useful; I wasn't trying to argue "against" you minus attaching a small correction to B because I believed you were trying to make two separate points, not a point that was covered by A.

I misunderstood what you were saying was objectively wrong, so I guess that's my bad, but you were being pretty damn vague.
By Jetackuu 2021-09-18 22:28:01
Link | Citer | R

I was adding details on both points as context in case someone might find it useful; I wasn't trying to argue "against" you minus attaching a small correction to B because I believed you were trying to make two separate points, not a point that was covered by A.

I misunderstood what you were saying was objectively wrong, so I guess that's my bad, but you were being pretty damn vague.

It wasn't "covered by A" again you misunderstand the fundamentals, which brings us back around again.
By SimonSes 2021-09-19 04:24:56
Link | Citer | R

Also: welcome to the blocklist.

Thx for the advice. Never felt using this function was truely justifiable against someone and I only temp blocked like 2 people in past 15 years. Using it against you feels like saving my mental health tho, because reading more of your posts would damage my brain for sure. Don't bother replying, I won't see it and none else care.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-09-19 08:57:00
Link | Citer | R

I still use weatherspoon, not many other good options imo.
By Oragel 2021-09-19 18:14:01
Link | Citer | R

I recently started playing around on sch on a mule account and the talk on weatherspoon ring interests me. On my main character, I’ve usually ventured away from quickcast for anything that needs modifiers. Ive seen talk here of using this ring for luminohelix though. How do you get around quickcast not macroing in your dog set? Are you just using it to set up sc?
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-09-19 18:26:34
Link | Citer | R

Would say most people are using Gearswap, no idea how quick magic works for ingame macros.
By Guyford 2021-09-19 19:30:34
Link | Citer | R

If you equip it in precast, then either have a wait1 before casting or manually wait using a <stnpc> type thing, then u'll get the swap in if you have an equip change with no other waits.

And for luminohelix, just don't use it in your precast if you're worried about it, just put it in midcast.