Voracious Resurgence SPOILER Edition
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Asura.Aeonova
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-11 14:15:08
Link | Citer | R

I think it's time we made a Voracious Resurgence SPOILER Edition thread. I know a lot of people are holding off to do these until all of them are released and I'd like to talk about things we have learned so far without spoiling if for others. Ya know what? I'll just do that now.

Obviously, if you want to not have things revealed to you, I totally respect that, but by clicking this thread... you really were asking for it.

After this post, spoil away!

Note: If you've made it to TVR, all previous missions content should be available to you so the scope of this thread may deviate outside of just TVR discussions.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-11 14:52:29
Link | Citer | R

So yeah. Don't mean to double post, but what the frick is going on? Are we after an World Eater Egg? Has Odin lost control of Valhalla? Who is out to cause all of this trouble? It's not Uran-Mafran if he is asking Amnaf.

Nine pieces? In before fetch-quest!

and... not related to TVR (yet), who is this rando in the Siren Avatar storyline?

Also, Shantotto is cute in her little Ministry outfit.

...and are we getting his big girl? This is a dat mod pic; not from storyline, but if you're in TVR, then you've seen her already and we got Iroha's lock of hair which is Siren's blessing and that was what Tenzen always had in his sword so...
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2021-06-11 15:00:08
Link | Citer | R

That Hume next to Arciela is actually Duskraven, as to why... for spoilers:
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-11 15:03:32
Link | Citer | R

She is going to be so happy if we find her dad! I know it's still a long ways out, but eventually we do have to get into Adoulin TVR content. Yay! I'm excited.

Useless cute picture of Arciela. SE really perfected motion-capture and facial expression animations with Arciela and Iroha since the days of the early storyline NPCs.
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Serveur: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2021-06-11 15:08:04
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-11 15:15:45
Link | Citer | R

If we don't get "The People's Choice" Lady Lilith as a trust, I say we riot.

This is the one only true outcome from TVR [S] that MUST happen. Even though I already have seen the future and know we're only getting her like Cornelia and Matsui for a limited time.

If they really wanted to do a deep-cut with trusts from this, they could get into mini-expansion territory and add in the divinity of white magic (opposite of Shantotto's mastery of her black magic), Belle Shantotto. They do so love gating White Mage trusts behind things.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-11 15:30:30
Link | Citer | R

Also, sorry for double-post and being spammy. It's Friday and I'm sure these will get replied to by knowledgeable folks, but what the frick is this? Are we going here? We are SO going here.

Is Tanatalus Valhala?

This FFXI concept art has been around since they were making concept art books for the Japanese market way back in like the early/mid 00's.

Half bio-technical truck. Have 'Hellraiser II' movie:

Biotechnical weapons crossed with Tantalus confirmed.

Also, we are under 365 days until the 20th anniversary at this point. What kinds of tidbits do you think they will release? They can't just be all stoic and say: We will increase storage, create Empy 3 armor, and continue with TVR missions for an entire year. They have to tease us with a bit of goodness.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-06-11 15:36:20
Link | Citer | R

It was stated in the recent cutscenes that the 9 pieces of Falak were used to create Tyger, Tinnin, and Sarameya, which is presumably why Amnaf and Rishfee were at the tablets, and why the image of Falak looks like a fusion of those three.

As such, I doubt there will be a fetch quest of that for the pieces.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-11 15:49:42
Link | Citer | R

...but this zone just screams "Run around and keep clicking things to progress on the floors" and that is SE's m.o. for the longest time.

I'll just be happy if they quit using Walk of Echoes as their dumpster zone for any generic content. Give us some trees or some icicles or some rocks to climb. We already dealt with the "end of the world" and the "encroaching darkness" like at least 3 times now.
[+]
By waffle 2021-06-11 16:48:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
It was stated in the recent cutscenes that the 9 pieces of Falak were used to create Tyger, Tinnin, and Sarameya, which is presumably why Amnaf and Rishfee were at the tablets, and why the image of Falak looks like a fusion of those three.

When they first showed Falak, I thought it looked like a cross between a cerberus, hydra, and khaimera, so I was amused when they followed up by explaining that it's the origin of all three. They also suggested that it's a terrestrial avatar, but I doubt it'll be another summon spell reward.

When they mentioned Valhalla, I thought we were going to yet another "Odin did it" so I was pleasantly surprised to see that instead it's someone doing unto Odin. As for the villain's identity I guess it might be Garazu-Horeizu himself trying to take over the underworld. Not sure about the dragon though.
By waffle 2021-06-11 16:55:13
Link | Citer | R

And to follow that up, especially since the "What If Vana'diel" images posted in this thread may very well be relevant, it's worth remembering this
https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/50632
"There were plans to resurrect the Maelstrom Mage, Garazu-Horeizu.
In the past there was a war between the Yagudo and the Tarutarus, and during this war, Garazu-Horeizu, an evil mage, controlled a Yagudo and began attacking Windurst.
Essentially you can consider this character to be an ultra-evil Karaha-Baruha.
The type of magic that we were trying to establish for this character was supposed to be quite deviant of the regularly used magic, and “Maelstrom” had to do with the fact it was structured after DNA double helix.
There were two Tarutarus who were obsessed with reviving Garazu-Horeizu, and the idea was to have a story that showed them succeeding to do so.
As to what Garazu-Horeizu wanted to summon using Maelstrom magic will remain a mystery."
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-11 18:13:57
Link | Citer | R

I'll just be happy if they quit using Walk of Echoes as their dumpster zone for any generic content.

I have never said something more true.
[+]
By waffle 2021-06-11 18:43:13
Link | Citer | R

I did some digging because I forgot some of this, but the war he instigated was the fourth Yagudo war in 534. He mind whammied the Manifest at the time in order to control the Yagudo, led the Windurstian army into a distant trap in order to leave Windurst vulnerable, disabled Windurst's magical defenses, and assaulted Windurst with the Yagudo army. He was stopped by two siblings Kurebu-Ogurebu and his sister Medada, who created an illusion of the Manifest, throwing the Theomilitary into chaos.
Kurebu-Ogurebu went on to become the first minister of the Aurastery while Medada became the first minister of the Manustery. She's also the inventor of the linkshell. Lutete (https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Lutete) is her descendant btw.
The two Tarus trying to resurrect him are Uran-Mafran of course, and Garazu-Horeizu's descendant Honoi-Gomoi. Uran-Mafran's previous efforts were in the summoner AF quests iirc.
Anyway, when they talked about the "what if Vana'diel", they were addressing it as a scrapped story line, but honestly, it kind of feels like they've retooled it a bit and are finally making it.
[+]
 Odin.Demhar
Serveur: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-06-11 19:20:19
Link | Citer | R

Relic, Mythic, Empyrean, Aeonic, Celestial
 Sylph.Chocobro
Serveur: Sylph
user: Bilix
By Sylph.Chocobro 2021-06-11 21:26:40
Link | Citer | R

mmm...

CREAM
[+]
 Bahamut.Mhysa
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Nathoo
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2021-06-12 13:06:07
Link | Citer | R

I hope we’re going to Tartarus/Valhalla. That would be great content.
[+]
By Titorinho 2021-06-12 13:13:43
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Chocobro said: »
mmm...

CREAM
Cash rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. Get tha money
Dolla dolla bills yall
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-06-12 16:31:59
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Mhysa said: »
I hope we’re going to Tartarus/Valhalla. That would be great content.

*Edit* Honestly, I totally thought they were going to give us Tartarus way back in ToAU. The storyline hinted at it and it even seemed like they were going to make Hazhalm Testing Grounds into the entrance area similar to how Sealion's Den is the gate to Lumoria/Sea.

But then again, Tartarus was also cut content from Adoulin. So maybe they are finally going make good on that one.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rosalee
user: Rosamimi
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2021-06-12 20:59:41
Link | Citer | R

Valhalla is NOT Tartarus.

Valhalla is Odin's realm that the Hazhalm Testing Grounds was sort of a gate to.

Tartarus was actually where we were SUPPOSED to end up after Seekers, but we got Vagary instead. They had explained that in one of their JP-only videos but I forget when that was because it was several years ago and I don't feel like digging through SE's Youtube channel. Plus, Balamor wouldn't shut up about it because it's the dimension where he's from.

Plus, mythologically they're on opposite ends of the spectrum. Valhalla is where noble souls went in repose to await Ragnarok (i.e. men who died in battle/women who died in childbirth) and Tartarus was where evil souls (or whoever pissed off the gods) were tortured for eternity.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2021-06-12 22:10:31
Link | Citer | R

Funny how SE completely accidentally wrote themselves into a corner eons ago when they added Jörmungandr as a HNM Wyrm. I say that because Falak, who we finally got name dropped and finally saw this past update is a clear stand-in for the world-serpent.

Falak is from Arabian mythology, specifically Alf Laylah wa-Laylah (One Thousand And One Nights). Falak resides in the seventh hell, below Bahamut. Falak is said to be immensely powerful, and could swallow the earth, the heavens and the six hells above it, but does not do so out of a fear of God.

I think The Voracious Resurgence storyline is a loose interpretation of the Aesir-Vanir War from Norse Mythology, where the two pantheons of Odin's Aesir and Njörd's Vanir clashed before a truce was struck and the two pantheons combined. What's really interesting is that the realm of the Vanir was called Vanaheimr. Vanaheimer... Vana'Diel...
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-06-12 23:32:45
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Rosalee said: »

Valhalla is Odin's realm that the Hazhalm Testing Grounds was sort of a gate to.

Tartarus was actually where we were SUPPOSED to end up after Seekers, but we got Vagary instead. They had explained that in one of their JP-only videos but I forget when that was because it was several years ago and I don't feel like digging through SE's Youtube channel. Plus, Balamor wouldn't shut up about it because it's the dimension where he's from.

Plus, mythologically they're on opposite ends of the spectrum. Valhalla is where noble souls went in repose to await Ragnarok (i.e. men who died in battle/women who died in childbirth) and Tartarus was where evil souls (or whoever pissed off the gods) were tortured for eternity.

I know that. I was saying I thought ToAU was going to give us Tartarus way back when. Queue the Cerberus HNM and the in-game explanation being that it was supposed to be hunting down Luzaf and his crew until Luzaf brokered a deal with the Trolls to keep it busy and off his back.

Also, the fact that Odin was written as the "Dark Deity" never made sense to have it be the keeper of the realm of Valhalla while Alexander is written as the "Light Deity."

The Devs saying they were going to do it in Adoulin was just a way to save face for having their time & budget similarly cut during ToAU development, because it's pretty obvious the original storyline was going in that direction.
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2021-06-13 05:29:25
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Demhar said: »
You know another line of legendary weapons is coming. It's just a question of when. It's by far the easiest way SE can keep people subbed for a long time on a minimal investment.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-06-13 08:06:18
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
Bismarck.Rosalee said: »

I know that. I was saying I thought ToAU was going to give us Tartarus way back when. Queue the Cerberus HNM and the in-game explanation being that it was supposed to be hunting down Luzaf and his crew until Luzaf brokered a deal with the Trolls to keep it busy and off his back.

Also, the fact that Odin was written as the "Dark Deity" never made sense to have it be the keeper of the realm of Valhalla while Alexander is written as the "Light Deity."

The Devs saying they were going to do it in Adoulin was just a way to save face for having their time & budget similarly cut during ToAU development, because it's pretty obvious the original storyline was going in that direction.
Tartarus did not exist during the time of ToAU, and there's no evidence that it was ever planned to; it was only conceived and introduced during SoA (other than a few non-story-related WS names).
By waffle 2021-06-13 09:25:09
Link | Citer | R

I might be remembering wrong, but isn't Ra'Kaznar, the gateway to Tartarus? We never went through to Tartarus of course, but I seem to recall that.
As for Alex and Odin, they represent Light and Dark as elements. Not as good and evil. Though Odin is always questionable, in particular since the Kindred answer to him.
 Bismarck.Rosalee
user: Rosamimi
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2021-06-13 12:42:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Essylt said: »
Odin.Demhar said: »
You know another line of legendary weapons is coming. It's just a question of when. It's by far the easiest way SE can keep people subbed for a long time on a minimal investment.

Oh, like these thingies...?

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/guide/nomadmogbon/#_20

I'm of the opinion that they're already here, just not implemented yet other than as prizes.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-06-13 13:21:08
Link | Citer | R

There's zero chance those are going to be a new set of ultimate weapons. They don't have aftermaths, they're not evenly distributed among jobs or weapon types, and they'd never give out ultimate weapons randomly over a year before they're truly implemented.
[+]
By Heck 2021-06-13 15:31:13
Link | Citer | R

I think ambuscade weapons are as much of an "Ultimate" weapon they are willing to add to the game anymore. Ambuscade weapons are a very neat idea, some are pretty much on par with REMA to this day (naegling). Lot of those bonaza weapons are kind of similar to them. The only thing I wish they would do is add a Gun version to the ambuscade list and make the Bow/Gun poop ammo too.

edit: More than likely the bonaza weapons will have something to do with whatever they add for the endgame of Voracious
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-06-13 19:48:36
Link | Citer | R

I've got no faith or inclination to believe that those bonanza weapons will become rewards for new endgame content (I wouldn't want most of them to litter the pool anyway).
By Ruaumoko 2021-06-13 22:49:36
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I've got no faith or inclination to believe that those bonanza weapons will become rewards for new endgame content (I wouldn't want most of them to litter the pool anyway).
I'm down with there being more Yagyu Darkblades personally.
[+]
 Shiva.Liam
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Liam 2021-06-14 00:59:16
Link | Citer | R

trading your reforged dark relic to the ??? in tartarus will unlock the relic ws to be used with any weapon...

I can hope right?
First Page 2 3 4 5