Bhaflau Remnants Swarm - Is Yours Gone?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Bhaflau Remnants swarm - is yours gone?
Bhaflau Remnants swarm - is yours gone?
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Kaht
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2021-04-28 12:36:24
Link | Citer | R

I had heard that the salvage botting on asura was so bad that players wanting to complete mythic trials in bhaflau remnants were having problems entering the zone due to bots constantly claiming the entry door.

On Cerberus we've had the same 6 players botting bhaflau for the better part of 2 years now. It seems that as of yesterday they all went poof, but maybe the owner is just taking a break. So I'm curious, did S/E clean up the salvage botters elsewhere as well?
 Asura.Alifromcali
Serveur: Asura
user: Tename
By Asura.Alifromcali 2021-04-28 14:00:51
Link | Citer | R

They've definitely been banning a lot lately. There's still one group on Asura that seems to be untouched running 24/7, but most of the bots seem to be gone.
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2021-04-28 14:16:21
Link | Citer | R

nah they only ban and target high profile streamers

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-28 14:25:47
Link | Citer | R

Ejin's partner in crime DID get temped on all accounts yesterday.

We have no active thread to post that in.
By RadialArcana 2021-04-28 14:31:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Ejin's partner in crime DID get temped on all accounts yesterday.

We have no active thread to post that in.

Didn't he just have one alt?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-28 14:34:05
Link | Citer | R

Third hand info. That player at least triboxes and said "all accounts". VOD deleted.

Oh, fun, crowned (and boxes) got bopped too I guess. So that's nice. I hate ban blueballs. I always want to know who QQ
[+]
 Bismarck.Indigla
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2021-04-28 15:13:12
Link | Citer | R

All of Bismarck's alex farm bots seem to be gone. We had quite a few, at least a dozen I'd say going 24/7.
By RadialArcana 2021-04-28 15:14:52
Link | Citer | R

Will see if a lot got banned pretty quick, prices of alex will jump up.
By Draylo 2021-04-28 15:43:19
Link | Citer | R

So seems to be mostly multi boxers, maybe send or something they are all using to make things easier.
 Cerberus.Kaht
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2021-04-28 16:31:54
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
So seems to be mostly multi boxers, maybe send or something they are all using to make things easier.

I doubt salvage botters are using any tools that require the use of send due to the fact that the content is soloable. Send really only seems to make sense in the context of party based content.
 Asura.Arico
By Asura.Arico 2021-04-28 17:05:33
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kaht said: »

I doubt salvage botters are using any tools that require the use of send due to the fact that the content is soloable. Send really only seems to make sense in the context of party based content.

No one advocating for Send being sus actually thinks there's anything technical that makes send sus. It's that SE can track when there's been a real keyboard input and send and other automation tools don't trigger that. So if you control a character completely through Send SE knows how long it's been since hte last time you've actually touched the cahracter.
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2021-04-28 18:06:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Arico said: »
Cerberus.Kaht said: »

No one advocating for Send being sus actually thinks there's anything technical that makes send sus. It's that SE can track when there's been a real keyboard input and send and other automation tools don't trigger that. So if you control a character completely through Send SE knows how long it's been since hte last time you've actually touched the cahracter.
this post is something people need to drill into their heads
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-04-28 18:31:26
Link | Citer | R

Here we go with the send trolling again.

You get banned for being reported and investigated, you get reported for being stupid.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Soyven
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Soyven
By Ragnarok.Soyven 2021-04-28 18:47:53
Link | Citer | R

inb4 this spirals out of control and gets nuked like the last one
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-28 18:48:44
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Soyven said: »
inb4 this spirals out of control and gets nuked like the last one

The inevitability of these "conversations"

Just the bare minimum restraint is too much to ask.
 Bahamut.Agerine
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2021-04-28 18:54:46
Link | Citer | R

Not on same mark but Bahamut CP bots have been silent and gone for a couple days.
By Seun 2021-04-28 19:11:22
Link | Citer | R

[+]
By Masunasu 2021-04-28 19:45:05
Link | Citer | R

What about Dynamis? Saw some pretty low quality swarms before I unsubbed, with a shout bot going off exactly every 5min trying to offload the absurd amount of excess currency they had.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-04-28 19:51:42
Link | Citer | R

hand to god when I first saw this thread title I thought it was a newbie complaining their server's Astral Candy had been taken and didn't understand the mechanics.
 Asura.Arico
By Asura.Arico 2021-04-28 21:36:46
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
Here we go with the send trolling again.

You get banned for being reported and investigated, you get reported for being stupid.

I don't think Draylo was trolling when he said maybe it's send, but I think people need context for the point TSM and Thorny(maybe?) were trying to make about send.

It's not that SE detects you using Send, it's that SE knows how long it's been since your game has been interacted with, and if you control a character completely through Send and other IPC-based addons, SE can't tell the difference between that and a bot.

**EDIT**

To follow up -- anyone saying using send is going to get you banned is probably trolling, but controlling a character completely through send is really risky.
By Draylo 2021-04-28 22:17:43
Link | Citer | R

I've been making that point since forever, but funny enough nobody apparently reads the post or credits it lol. Nobody knows 100% what is causing their system to flag these people. It isn't simply send, but its probably a combination of addons. Even in most of these cases of people multi-boxing, they are using send and automated addons like roller/singer to automate characters but also getting their main characters suspended/banned. So it probably various addons causing it that many of these people are using in common.

I even made the point about keypresses etc a long time ago and people were saying its not true or something to that. I doubt their system tells a difference between bot programs and automated luas/addons controlling characters. The mains are also getting hit too, so either they are in for association or there's a combination of addons causing it. Personally, with all the people who multi-box getting lazy and using things like superwarps, automated luas/ws, who can even pinpoint whats causing it? Wasn;t fastfollow using some kind of POS movement in the past? Not sure if that is still the case.

I do find it funny people think SE is literally targeting them, I can say that is extremely unlikely. They barely care enough about this game to care about streamers.
[+]
 Asura.Arico
By Asura.Arico 2021-04-28 22:20:50
Link | Citer | R

They barely care enough about this game to care about streamers.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-28 22:22:53
Link | Citer | R

Ehhh it's yes and no.

Square doesn't give a ***, yes, they couldn't care less if you stream. BUT salty *** do.

Twitter brigade spam reports you (because you literally paint a *** bullseye on your back) and well, eventually you get got. It feels like (square) singled you out.

People suck. Factually accurate. If you advertise you're cheating, they're going to get you. Just something you have to accept for money.
By Draylo 2021-04-28 22:27:22
Link | Citer | R

They don't care about reports either. Nobody watches XI content enough to care to constantly report someone. I have a friend who told me one of his chars got suspended in the recent wave. Nobody knows him or even reports him. Apparently he was just simply using windower, which I highly doubt, but who is reporting him in large numbers? Nobody.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-28 22:28:04
Link | Citer | R

That jp group dood. They tweet and retweet who breaks rules. or "appears to" be breaking tos.

By Pantafernando 2021-04-29 05:09:17
Link | Citer | R

I guess this topic never gets old to you all...
By RadialArcana 2021-04-29 05:30:34
Link | Citer | R

They don't care about reports either.

Everything is about reports, the rules are only really enforced based on reports. Not to say everyone you report will get the hammer, but somone that is never reported sure won't. Square don't really care about people cheating, why would they? They only care if you care enough to be annoying about it.

This applies to games, social media, forums, or real life.

It doesn't really matter how lax or draconian rules are, what matters is the mindset of the people that use that service (or a minority of people that do and are prepared to nark). This is why certain games and platforms have harsh enforcement of certain things and why others have those same rules but people rarely get in trouble very often. If you do things that annoy the narks, then you're gonna get it. Certain games have more report happy players.

The majority of FFXI players are not report happy, the few that are are usually mainly concerned with botting or stuff that directly impacts them.

Salvage botting to me is really stupid, you're doing something that you know is going to annoy people. Not only are you going to get banned, but you're also doing something that is going to possibly make them change the content to stop you doing it. If these people tried to be less annoying to players, they could milk this thing far far longer.
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-04-29 07:45:02
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
Everything is about reports, the rules are only really enforced based on reports. Not to say everyone you report will get the hammer, but somone that is never reported sure won't. Square don't really care about people cheating, why would they? They only care if you care enough to be annoying about it.

This applies to games, social media, forums, or real life.

It doesn't really matter how lax or draconian rules are, what matters is the mindset of the people that use that service (or a minority of people that do and are prepared to nark). This is why certain games and platforms have harsh enforcement of certain things and why others have those same rules but people rarely get in trouble very often. If you do things that annoy the narks, then you're gonna get it. Certain games have more report happy players.

The majority of FFXI players are not report happy, the few that are are usually mainly concerned with botting or stuff that directly impacts them.

Salvage botting to me is really stupid, you're doing something that you know is going to annoy people. Not only are you going to get banned, but you're also doing something that is going to possibly make them change the content to stop you doing it. If these people tried to be less annoying to players, they could milk this thing far far longer.

i wonder how long you're going to keep pretending you know anything about ban practices in conversations that contain multiple people with several hundred account sample sizes
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-04-29 08:13:59
Link | Citer | R

The reason you can state it as being mainly based on reports is because if that was not the case, the moment you used send or (other) they would flag your account. Large numbers of people use these things every day and have done so for many years, if the server can see you're doing things without keyboard input you would not be doing it long. "E" did what he was doing for 10+ years before some JP players on Twitter took notice and mass reported him for "teaching people how to bot", only then was he nuked. Why not before?

I can walk into Reisinjima right now and see 10+ people obviously botting CP, and they never go away.

Saying they can see when you are pressing keys or not is fine, I don't doubt that. However, unless they have a reason to check that they aren't going to do so imo. Not to say the server won't trigger a warning on your account if you pos warp without a certain door being opened, or speed hack across a zone faster than you're allowed to or something but I don't think they are constantly checking for no keyboard input cause of send or even bots.

You have a lot of experience with what you're doing, however masses of people do this every day and have done so for years and don't get banned. If I had to guess, the reason people get masses of accounts banned has far more do to with the transfer of gil, in a way which shows they are involved with RMT than anything else.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-29 08:24:41
Link | Citer | R

On some level you've got to accept that luck is absolutely playing a role.

Don't know if it's one employee trying to be a hero or just luck of the draw but there's pretty clearly some level of random at play.

It could be as simple as every report that goes through "STF employee 672" he bans, but "STF employee 813" gives no *** and deletes it. Or they take every 50th report or something non-standard.

Clearly every report doesn't get action, clearly every bad action doesn't get a ban, something is randomized or calculated.
First Page 2