Forum » FFXI » General » Lentus Grip
Lentus Grip
 Asura.Iamarealgirl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Latravant
By Asura.Iamarealgirl 2021-04-25 16:54:04
Link | Citer | R

I just got a lentus grip, to me the +5% 2h delay seems like a bad thing. but mind you i mostly play dw and mage jobs so i'm not used to 2h delay stuff, someone in my ls said it's for TP. but i don't see how, i did a search and all i found was it turns a 6 hit into a 5 hit (or something llike that) which still seems like a bad thing to me? anyone able to explain this to me? i am planning on playing as drk so may be helpful to figure this out for me. TIA
By Felgarr 2021-04-25 17:40:47
Link | Citer | R

TP gain is a function of your weapons delay

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Tactical_Points
By Shichishito 2021-04-25 18:04:34
Link | Citer | R

from a damage per second (from auto attacks only) standpoint 5%+ delay hurts your damage output, that is correct. however once you also factor in your weaponskill damage it can change.

the formular that calculates TP gained per hit involves your weapons delay, in short the lower your weapons delay is the less tp you gain per hit, the higher the delay is the more tp you gain per hit.
so with the extra delay from the grip you can, depending on your weapons delay, return enough TP that you reach 1000+ TP for example in 4 instead of 5 attack rounds which means you can weaponskill earlier and make up for the auto attack DPS loss.

tldr. think of it as store TP with the drawback of a DPS penalty to your auto attacks.

*edit* did anyone pair that grip with one of those 999 delay weapons to check if anything funny happens? just curious.
[+]