Tricorn - No Bites, Even With Key Item?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » Tricorn - No bites, even with Key item?
Tricorn - No bites, even with Key item?
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2021-04-24 17:47:31
Link | Citer | R

Need some help here guys, trying to get a Tricorn or two for the fish ranking this week and I want to get a pelican for an alt. I just got the frog Fishing KI today, got all the fishing items and such, been on this ferry ride now for the past 4 hours on the newtpool route and I have yet to even get 1 bite from a Tricorn in that time, using Lufaise fly as bait. I'm also using Lu Shang's +1 as well.

Are the wikis wrong and this thing isn't in the newtpool route or what the hell is going on here?
By Heck 2021-04-24 20:17:42
Link | Citer | R

Took me a couple tries, I also used Lufaise Fly but had an Ebisu +1. I believe these are like lungfish where you only have a certain window of a couple minutes to fish them up. When the NPC says "We are now passing through the Newtpool, be on the look out for giant amphibious monster's with orange and blue triangular shaped heads." that is your window for catching them until the dialogue changes again. Hook rates are pretty rare though and these can break your line on ebisu and rod on lu shangs.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2021-04-24 21:34:14
Link | Citer | R

Heck said: »
Took me a couple tries, I also used Lufaise Fly but had an Ebisu +1. I believe these are like lungfish where you only have a certain window of a couple minutes to fish them up. When the NPC says "We are now passing through the Newtpool, be on the look out for giant amphibious monster's with orange and blue triangular shaped heads." that is your window for catching them until the dialogue changes again. Hook rates are pretty rare though and these can break your line on ebisu and rod on lu shangs.

Thanks, I'll be getting my Ebisu and Ebisu +1 tomorrow, I'll give it another go. I used almost a full stack of flies on fishing just through the newtpool, and never latched on to one, god for bid I get one to bite and it breaks my line, I'm liable to smash my computer haha.