All Ranger Ultimate Weapons R15 Review
 Odin.Demhar
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-04-19 20:20:23
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

A very long project that finally came to its end. So much to talk about these weapons that 16min video is really not enough. I tried covering all the highlights and important points of each weapon. Hope this is helpful for people who are not sure which weapon to make or progress further into ranking system. Thank you for watching!
[+]
 Cerberus.Gahlek
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Gahlek
By Cerberus.Gahlek 2021-04-19 23:17:30
Link | Citer | R

Can tell you put a ton of time into making this video, nice job!

The fun thing about RNG is that each REMA has distinct uses that really shine over the others, especially amongst the top 3 as you described.

Arma, Gastra, and Anni r15 are all really satisfying to utilize based on content, sometimes even swapping as you go.
[+]
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2021-04-20 06:29:03
Link | Citer | R

So Basically, just make Gastra >> Arma >> Anni and if any Aeonic help, make foma ^^.

Based on current game content, I got 5 of those 7, never bothered with Arma or Gandiva, guess Im gonna start with Arma soon ^^.

Thanks for the video.
[+]
 Asura.Epigram
Serveur: Asura
user: jlisic
By Asura.Epigram 2021-04-20 07:18:59
Link | Citer | R

Nice Video :). I almost want to sub my ranger to get Gandiva and finish the set :P

If you play COR as well, it probably is best to start out with Foma, as it isn't terrible for true-flight/leaden (but you can probably find something better for leaden). Then finish your mythics next or work on Arma. Just knock out Anni, whenever you have the cash burning in your pocket.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-04-20 11:34:30
Link | Citer | R

You said a line in your video about your reasoning for making Gandiva.

Something about calling down thunder from the skies that looked so cool. I remember saying this exact same thing when I first saw Gandiva.

I took a break from FFXI during the time this weapon came out, but the moment I saw jishnu's radiance, I had to make one. It's really a shame how poor bows are, but I'm glad I wasn't the only person who loved the way this WS looked. Also loved Apex arrow's animation.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-04-20 11:35:49
Link | Citer | R

(PS the video should have been called Ranger A.R.M.Es)
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2021-04-20 12:39:51
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Darkvlade said: »
So Basically, just make Gastra >> Arma >> Anni and if any Aeonic help, make foma ^^.

Based on current game content, I got 5 of those 7, never bothered with Arma or Gandiva, guess Im gonna start with Arma soon ^^.

Thanks for the video.

oh cool, I am totally covered and don't need to make a Gandiva! definitely not to complete the armory..... (send help)

def want to check this out when I can sit down for it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-04-20 14:36:33
Link | Citer | R

If you have Foma and Gastra then isn't Arma sort of niche? I think it's better to just skip it and use Anni.

I personally think it's best to get Foma 1st for the bullets and get a feel for Rng. It's sort of playing 2nd fiddle for every other weapon in the Rng arsenal but it is 2nd place for those niches of each of the weapon and can give you a general feel of what your Rng need.
 Odin.Senaki
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-04-20 14:58:29
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
(PS the video should have been called Ranger A.R.M.Es)

REMA > REAM > ARMEs
[+]
By Kasaioni 2021-04-20 15:47:47
Link | Citer | R

DREAM >:(

Great video, makes me want to play RNG if I had the inventory space.
[+]
 Asura.Gotenn
Serveur: Asura
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2021-04-20 17:13:21
Link | Citer | R

Great video,
Holding all the REMAs myself as well I agree, I love Gandiva and wish I could use it more. And while not a REMA persay, I also have R25 SU5 Sharange in path B and C.

But sadly Gastra is king magic, and Arma is king physical.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-04-20 17:40:41
Link | Citer | R

Gandiva was fun for the Imp/Soulflayers Ambuscade, as well as the Lamiae one. Insane AM critical damage, but the subpar weapon skill damage still loses to even a fomal. Though I don't have aeonic arrows so maybe that's why my damage was so low with JR
[+]
 Odin.Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-04-21 11:27:57
Link | Citer | R

Thank you everyone, all comments appreciated.
 Odin.Juliano
user: Julian
By Odin.Juliano 2021-04-21 11:51:06
Link | Citer | R

Makes me want to reactivate and finish ranking up my ranger weapons. :<
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-04-21 15:47:29
Link | Citer | R

Out of curiosity, how come in the video you have HD textures for Ambuscade in one run but not the other? Older footage?
 Odin.Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-04-21 16:06:37
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
Out of curiosity, how come in the video you have HD textures for Ambuscade in one run but not the other? Older footage?
yes, all the videos were recorded in different time periods
 Valefor.Grenseal
Serveur: Valefor
user: Grenseal
By Valefor.Grenseal 2021-04-21 17:18:49
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Demhar said: »
Thank you everyone, all comments appreciated.

Thanks dude. I just realized that I'm missing Armageddon. Time to get at it.
[+]
 Odin.Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-04-28 12:02:19
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Andret said: »
If you have Foma and Gastra then isn't Arma sort of niche? I think it's better to just skip it and use Anni.

I personally think it's best to get Foma 1st for the bullets and get a feel for Rng. It's sort of playing 2nd fiddle for every other weapon in the Rng arsenal but it is 2nd place for those niches of each of the weapon and can give you a general feel of what your Rng need.
Armageddon can out DPS Fomal in most situations. Unless it is something that dies under 1min for Arma not be able to get AM3 up quick enough. Fomal is still a very strong weapon and definitely must have for the bullets.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-04-28 17:26:00
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Demhar said: »
Leviathan.Andret said: »

Armageddon can out DPS Fomal in most situations. Unless it is something that dies under 1min for Arma not be able to get AM3 up quick enough. Fomal is still a very strong weapon and definitely must have for the bullets.

I second this, i have all the rema v15 outside of yoichi... and i find arma to win over fomal.
[+]
By Minigojitaru 2021-05-07 00:20:26
Link | Citer | R

I just wanted to say thank you for putting all that effort making this video. Very good review! A long time RNG player here. This was very inspiring!
[+]