Equipviewer - Now Included In Windower's Launcher.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Windower » General » Equipviewer - now included in Windower's launcher.
Equipviewer - now included in Windower's launcher.
First Page 2
VIP
By Lili 2021-04-15 14:58:38
Link | Citer | R

Hello all,

the very popular addon Equipviewer has been added to windower's launcher as an upgraded version.

Equipviewer is now able to extract icons from the game itself on his own - no more need to download an icon pack! No more waiting for new icon packs to be released after an update that added new items!

Notable new commands:
//ev pos x y - set the position from the game, without having to edit ini files.
//ev alpha 255 - set transparency for the addon graphics (default is 90%, 255 sets it to fully opaque)
//ev ammocount - enables/disables the counter for the ammo slot. The position of the ammo count can be toggled left/right with the command //ev justify.
//ev encumbrance - enables a giant X on slots that are disabled due to the Encumbrance debuff or other status effects.
//ev game_path "path" - specify the path to the game installation (necessary on some systems)

Default appearance:

Ammo count enabled, left and right options:

Encumbrance indicator enabled:

Installing the new version works as usual - enable it on the Addon tab of Windower and it's on.

This version is based on equipviewer v2, so it puts icons in windower\addons\equipviewer\icons. Your old icon pack is probably obsolete, and the folder can be safely deleted in its entirety before or after installing the new version - equipviewer will recreate just the icons that you need, saving you some disk space (just do not delete it while the addon is already loaded and running, that's a bad idea).

Thanks to Tako for the original addon, and to Rubenator for his work on this new version.

IMPORTANT NOTE: on some systems and due to different reasons, equipviewer will fail to find your FFXI installation. If you get an error when the addon loads, input this command:
//ev game_path "C:/PATH OF/THE/FOLDER/FINAL FANTASY XI"
using forward slashes, like in the example above, is preferable.

For full documentation of the available command, please refer to the documentation page:
https://docs.windower.net/addons/equipviewer/

Have fun,

L.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2021-04-15 14:59:47
Link | Citer | R

PS:
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-04-15 15:07:03
Link | Citer | R

This is great! Thanks Windower ppls!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2021-04-15 15:22:19
Link | Citer | R

ndrium said: »
Does this share the resources from the prior version (non-windower integrated) or do those files need to be deleted and redownloaded?

I'm sorry to be blunt, but have you actually read the opening post? This new version extracts the icons from the game itself, no need to download icon packs anymore ever.
By Rubenator 2021-04-15 15:38:34
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bippin said: »
I think the question is, "Do I remove the folder i have now for equipviewer before downloading new one from windower?"
Lili said: »
Your old icon pack is probably obsolete, and the folder can be safely deleted in its entirety before or after installing the new version - equipviewer will recreate just the icons that you need, saving you some disk space (just do not delete it while the addon is already loaded and running, that's a bad idea).
The icons folder is safe to delete at any point. If its running when you delete it you may just have to reload the addon with
Code
lua reload equipviewer

Edit: I should also note its also completely fine to delete the old version entirely before downloading the windower official version.
[+]
 Bismarck.Radec
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Radec
By Bismarck.Radec 2021-04-15 17:39:55
Link | Citer | R

It's pretty slick that it'll only extract icons as you equip a 'new' item - no more 20000+ item folder when I only have 500-ish items that might show up there.

Edit: Also, dang, can someone port this "hide during menus" to timers?
[+]
By Bazing 2021-04-15 19:24:17
Link | Citer | R

Not all heroes wear capes
[+]
By Draylo 2021-04-15 19:30:53
Link | Citer | R

Perfect, this is a very good one. Is it able to be dragged or do you have to work with the position.
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Padisharcreel 2021-04-15 19:45:13
Link | Citer | R

Can't drag it. Idk enough about luas to understand why, but editing the x- and y-axis coordinates isn't working either. //ev commands will position it where I want, but it resets upon switching characters.
By Rubenator 2021-04-15 20:57:47
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
Perfect, this is a very good one. Is it able to be dragged or do you have to work with the position.
Have to work with position for now. Was planning on adding dragging later.
//ev pos X Y
Just keep tweaking the numbers till it lands where you want it.
Sylph.Padisharcreel said: »
Can't drag it. Idk enough about luas to understand why, but editing the x- and y-axis coordinates isn't working either. //ev commands will position it where I want, but it resets upon switching characters.
It saves the position separately per character yeah, although just have to do the command once per character.

The dragging is just more complicated from a programming standpoint because v4 doesn't natively allow you to drag a group of things. This will not be as much work in v5. Its doable in v4, its just quite a bit more work to set it up and not have it be super buggy. text boxes are a single object so, that's why those tend to be draggable. Its just one thing.
[+]
By Kasaioni 2021-04-15 22:12:15
Link | Citer | R

Kept meaning to install this but was too lazy to download it outside of the windower client, cool.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2021-04-15 23:38:07
Link | Citer | R

thanks guys, i didnt get around to setting this up and now i dont have to. much obliged
 Asura.Cordyfox
Serveur: Asura
user: Cordyfox
By Asura.Cordyfox 2021-04-16 00:58:22
Link | Citer | R

Keep getting "... 108.DAT: No such file or directory." and I'm not really sure how to fix it with game_path. I've never used equipviewer before. I am virtually certain this is because I installed FFXI through Steam.

Full error example:
Code
Equipviewer Error: C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer/../FINAL FANTASY XI/ROM/118/108.DAT: No such file or directory

EDIT: I was correct. set_path isn't adequate to change the directory to the Steam directory, you will have to manually edit the file path in settings.xml. Got it working this way.
 Leviathan.Andret
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-04-16 01:00:50
Link | Citer | R

YESH!!! I need this to save my little life!!! Long live equipviewer!!!
[+]
 Phoenix.Oolie
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Oolster
By Phoenix.Oolie 2021-04-16 08:00:05
Link | Citer | R

So grateful for all your hard work on this, thank you! The white boxes from Sheol gear were killing me...

Is there currently a resize option available as with the Tako version?
By Rubenator 2021-04-16 10:42:27
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Cordyfox said: »
EDIT: I was correct. set_path isn't adequate to change the directory to the Steam directory, you will have to manually edit the file path in settings.xml. Got it working this way.
For one its "game_path" not "set_path".
Would be helpful if you could come find me on windower discord and help me test something though if you're willing.
https://discord.com/invite/aUrHCvk
Because as far as I know the default path should work for steam unless something weird is going on with your installations or something.
[+]
By Rubenator 2021-04-16 10:43:45
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Oolie said: »
Is there currently a resize option available as with the Tako version?
Yep
https://docs.windower.net/addons/equipviewer/
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-04-16 11:14:02
Link | Citer | R

So I don't see it posted in opening post but are we gonna have an update for resizing boxes and icons in them? Maybe I missed it if I did I'm sorry but if you resize the icons don't fit in boxes or are not centered in box.
By Rubenator 2021-04-16 11:15:28
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
So I don't see it posted in opening post but are we gonna have an update for resizing boxes and icons in them? Maybe I missed it if I did I'm sorry but if you resize the icons don't fit in boxes or are not centered in box.
This was fixed last night, just have to update it. (run the windower launcher and reload the addon)
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-04-16 11:33:48
Link | Citer | R

Rubenator said: »
Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
This was fixed last night, just have to update it. (run the windower launcher and reload the addon)
Amazing thanks I havent been on since last night so makes sense why it wasn't posted.
[+]
By Rubenator 2021-04-16 11:59:02
Link | Citer | R

Update: the Windower team is working on a way to expose a slightly more accurate default path for the Final Fantasy XI folder (for the game dats) to addons. Will update if/when a change is deployed.

Edit: a solution has been coded, its currently in testing to make sure it doesn't break anything else.
[+]
 Unicorn.Fuel
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Warpath
By Unicorn.Fuel 2021-04-16 18:05:07
Link | Citer | R

dont know if this helps but.

i get the following error in game chat.
D:\FFXI\SquareEnix\playonlineViewer/../FINAL FANTASY XI/ROM/118/108.DAT: No such file or directory

actual path for me should be.
D:\FFXI\SquareEnix\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\ROM\118

not using steam
VIP
By Lili 2021-04-16 19:01:47
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Fuel said: »

D:\FFXI\SquareEnix\playonlineViewer/../FINAL FANTASY XI/ROM/118/108.DAT: No such file or directory

not using steam

Load equipviewer, then input this command:

//ev game_path "D:/FFXI/SquareEnix/SquareEnix/FINAL FANTASY XI"

that should fix it.
 Unicorn.Fuel
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Warpath
By Unicorn.Fuel 2021-04-16 19:31:34
Link | Citer | R

Lili said: »
Unicorn.Fuel said: »

not using steam

Load equipviewer, then input this command:

//ev game_path "D:/FFXI/SquareEnix/SquareEnix/FINAL FANTASY XI"

that should fix it.

This Worked 100% thank you
 Valefor.Aspens
Serveur: Valefor
user: Aspens
By Valefor.Aspens 2021-04-17 13:03:47
Link | Citer | R

"\" must be typed as \\ for lua to pick them up

//ev game_path "D:\\SquareEnix\\PlayOnlineViewer\\SquareEnix\\FINAL FANTASY XI"
worked for me
[+]
 Ragnarok.Garzyan
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Garzyan
By Ragnarok.Garzyan 2021-04-17 15:22:15
Link | Citer | R

after i got the new update to equipviewer. i simply cannot get it to work. get bombarded with errors when i log in.

in console i get this error.
lua runtime error: equipvier/icon_extractor.lua:112: attempt to index local 'icon_file' (a nil value)

and in chat log
G:\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\SquareEnix\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI/ROM/118/108.DAT no such file or directory

EDIT...
fixed it, the file pathing on my machine use \ but i saw one of my ls friends was using / so i just flipped all of those around and it worked
 Asura.Crevox
Serveur: Asura
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2021-04-17 15:56:11
Link | Citer | R

I'm not playing this game right now

I'm not sure if I will play this game again

I still came here to post you are amazing and thank you for the addon
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cesil
Serveur: Lakshmi