It's That Time Again! 2.0 (no Hate To Anyone)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » It's that time again! 2.0 (no hate to anyone)
It's that time again! 2.0 (no hate to anyone)
First Page 2
 Asura.Tsm
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2021-04-13 12:24:20
Link | Citer | R

wanted to say i'm proud of SE. it appears the CP bots were wiped out this morning (confirmed via a few chinese sources) and asura yell with no one on blacklist is finally somewhat tolerable.

nice work SE! i know a lot of people levied complaints about them not focusing their bans in the right direction but i think this is a good change.
By Mattelot 2021-04-13 12:27:48
Link | Citer | R

I wonder if the actual bots were wiped out or just the temporary, expendable accounts made to do the advertising.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-13 12:37:00
Link | Citer | R

Sources needed, confirmation needed.
[+]
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2021-04-13 12:38:50
Link | Citer | R

I was in a JP group on a new char, came back to less than expected JP and the guy told me his chars got 3day ban, gave me back half the gil (got half the JP).

The geos and sam were gone from the party when I got back and just one of his naked mules in the group that was leeching that wasn't banned by the looks of it.

Also was almost like no JP shouts for a few hours this morning. They seem to have shuffled chars around and back at it tho.
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2021-04-13 12:50:20
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
??
random chinese farmer that works for gil selling site said he had 12 characters banned this morning that primarily did CP/JP farming/selling.

would a screenshot of him telling me this on skype from a skype you've never heard of and in broken english prove this? lol..

they're random chinese farmers, what're you looking for sport?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-13 12:52:16
Link | Citer | R

Well you made it sound like they were
Quote:
all wiped out

One or two people got hit. This literally happens daily. it's no big deal. It's nothing new. You just happened to see it happen today.
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2021-04-13 12:54:27
Link | Citer | R

Well you made it sound like they were
Quote:
all wiped out

One or two people got hit. This literally happens daily. it's no big deal. It's nothing new.
tempted to go back and quote you specifically crying about them focusing on banning certain people but never banning the CP botters/shouters.

just can't please ya can they? poor guy
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-13 12:56:44
Link | Citer | R

The difference being All or even a "not insignificant" amount.
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2021-04-13 13:02:05
Link | Citer | R

The difference being All or even a "not insignificant" amount.
from checking the camps i'd say more than just this 1 dude with 12 characters was banned,

eiryl: CP botters/sellers never get banned
SE: bans a good chunk of them
eiryl: lol they didn't ban all of them.

you're a wild dude
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-13 13:03:44
Link | Citer | R

Your own words.
Asura.Tsm said: »
it appears the CP bots were wiped out

Wiped. Out.

Gone.

Entirely.

Completely.

Incorrectly.

Next time if you want to make a new pointless thread when nothing happens, just say it like it is.

They banned a couple people like usual, *fireworks*
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2021-04-13 13:19:07
Link | Citer | R

/inbeforelockdown2.0.meme
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-04-13 13:25:27
Link | Citer | R

But its not Thursday, I thought these ban waves were always on Thursday, whats goin on?
 Asura.Zidaner
user: Xavierr
By Asura.Zidaner 2021-04-13 13:32:14
Link | Citer | R

I hope they start taking out alot of these people that use bots as "quality of life" improvements. I love watching people cry about something that was unintended in the first place.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Thunderjet 2021-04-13 13:32:46
Link | Citer | R

Your own words.

Wiped. Out.

Gone.

Entirely.

Completely.

Incorrectly.

Next time if you want to make a new pointless thread when nothing happens, just say it like it is.

YouTube Video Placeholder
By RadialArcana 2021-04-13 13:43:29
Link | Citer | R

They'll just buy new characters, with all the gear they need and go back to it in a few days.
 Leviathan.Andret
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-04-13 14:10:20
Link | Citer | R

It does take them quite a bit of time to get to lv99 plus proper gear and CP now that they killed the teleports.

At minimum they want 2 geo, 1 doji sam and a whm. They will all start them in as war, walk them one by one until lv18 then power them through in ROV until Umber KI and PL them until lv50 cap, run them through limit break + missions with hacks and a PL.

The whole process will probably eat at least 24 hours from them. This doesn't even count the part they have to get Doji for their sam which will require other missions which probably eat out another chunk of their time.

After they get their business going, they will get a wipe which they will have to rotate their "banned" characters to milk the most out of them before they get permanent ban or sell them off. I personally think they would sell off the chars if they completed most of the missions.

Overall, you can't stop them but you can make their business very expensive to maintain.
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2021-04-13 14:10:39
Link | Citer | R

Your own words.

Wiped. Out.

Gone.

Entirely.

Completely.

Incorrectly.

checked asura and the other 3 servers i'm on, not a CP botter in sight.

you also quoted my entire message, read it back outloud "appears to have wiped them out."

you seem a bit upset today, did you get hit as well lil fella?

Leviathan.Andret said: »
It does take them quite a bit of time to get to lv99 plus proper gear and CP now that they killed the teleports.

At minimum they want 2 geo, 1 doji sam and a whm. They will all start them in as war, walk them one by one until lv18 then power them through in ROV until Umber KI and PL them until lv50 cap, run them through limit break + missions with hacks and a PL.

The whole process will probably eat at least 24 hours from them. This doesn't even count the part they have to get Doji for their sam which will require other missions which probably eat out another chunk of their time.

After they get their business going, they will get a wipe which they will have to rotate their "banned" characters to milk the most out of them before they get permanent ban or sell them off. I personally think they would sell off the chars if they completed most of the missions.

Overall, you can't stop them but you can make their business very expensive to maintain.
indeed, plus during all that down time they are not making gil which makes FFXI less profitable for them and makes it more likely they move on to something less annoying. pretending this doesn't impact them is incredibly foolish.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-13 14:12:27
Link | Citer | R

If I did I would've made the thread when it happened. not 12 hours later.
Serveur: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Kingofthenorth 2021-04-13 14:23:35
Link | Citer | R

Zero change on Odin.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2021-04-13 14:51:00
Link | Citer | R

There were indeed a lot of hits, and yes there are some people gone. Whether it was perma. or 72hr is just a matter of strikes. All your normal bots with no strikes got a 72hr most likely, and those with strikes are most likely gone.

*I personally saw some 72hr emails April 1st, and it continued all week.*
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-13 14:57:02
Link | Citer | R

Whats "a lot". There's a hundred thousand bots. 1%? 5%? 3 bans that look like 70 because they're running 24 accounts?

/sea dhogates wohgates rakaz
By Foxfire 2021-04-13 14:59:48
Link | Citer | R

if anything yells are a little quieter so it's nice imo
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-13 15:03:31
Link | Citer | R

Run FO you wouldn't even notice
By RadialArcana 2021-04-13 15:10:50
Link | Citer | R

Checked the camps, all the normal bots are still there and because the other ones were banned they are full of people. This is why they aren't shouting, their parties are full.

They don't level new characters and mess around, they just buy premade accounts. This is a job, buying an account is like buying a hammer to them.
 Bahamut.Belkin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-04-13 15:20:27
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut is the same. Get outta here with your nonsense Tsm, nobody likes you.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2021-04-13 15:22:58
Link | Citer | R

Whats "a lot". There's a hundred thousand bots. 1%? 5%? 3 bans that look like 70 because they're running 24 accounts?

It's always going to be that way though. 1 Person could be 18 bots easily. 18 gone, is 18 gone. I can't give specific numbers, but I know it was a pretty decent hit.
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-04-13 15:34:56
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
They don't level new characters and mess around, they just buy premade accounts. This is a job, buying an account is like buying a hammer to them.

successful rmt don't buy accounts, NA can automate the creation process and china labor is worthless.. either way, creating an account is a positive value proposition while buying one is a negative.. maybe some small scale NA rmt would buy accounts because their labor price is higher and they can't automate replacing them, but it's definitely not the standard

so yes, any bans do have an impact, and the idea that they don't is absolute nonsense

(take a look at what it costs for a naked character with missions done btw, then compare to the daily output for CP farms.. if they were buying them once a month they'd be spending a significant portion of what they make on just replacing characters)
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Serveur: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-04-13 15:37:33
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »

It's always going to be that way though. 1 Person could be 18 bots easily. 18 gone, is 18 gone. I can't give specific numbers, but I know it was a pretty decent hit.
Ya but 72hr bans dont mean ***when SE only hits them once a year if we lucky. Also idk 1 person running 18 people and only 5 get perma isnt really amazing. (Just example numbers) Meanwhile seems most servers went untouched.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2021-04-13 15:38:03
Link | Citer | R

@Thorny I'm curious, how many DMs, if any do you get asking for automation lol. I imagine it'd be a lot and the "regulars" who do, if you do get any that is.
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-04-13 15:39:04
Link | Citer | R

1-2 a week, nobody asks twice because i'm pretty clear they aren't getting anything
[+]
First Page 2