It's That Time Again. Macro Backup!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » It's that time again. Macro backup!
It's that time again. Macro backup!
 Asura.Aeonova
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-04-05 16:58:31
Link | Citer | R

When I see the other thread title (like this thread's title), it just reminds me that "It's that time again" to backup my macros to the server. You should do that right now if you're just sitting there. Log off to character selection. Do it. Stop reading this. Go to it. It'll take 45 seconds.

Also check your smoke detector / carbon monoxide detector alarm batteries. I've seen some gnarly burn victim photos on the internet. I won't even show you them here. Just imagine.

Okay. Now back up your macros and check your smoke detector. The time/life you save may be your own.

[+]
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2021-04-05 17:08:13
Link | Citer | R

thanks Voicememo!
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-04-05 17:43:46
Link | Citer | R

in my experience smoke detectors start beeping when their battery runs low and i always wondered how many ppl got banned for backing up their macros containing lines that only lua would recognize.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2021-04-05 18:38:49
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Our rules

Don't give threads stupid or misleading titles.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-04-05 19:05:33
Link | Citer | R

I'm not sure what is stupid or misleading about a thread titled "It's that time again. Macro Backup". What did you think I was going to remind you to do here? Check your Mog Garden?

There is another thread "It's that time again!". I guess if you are living in that thread and really hot to talk about bots and scripts and have autism about what exactly constitutes a bot and you click this thread because you're tripping over yourself to refresh the other thread so you can get in on all of that hot forum action, then this could be misleading.

I suppose I could have titled this one "It's that time again." with a period instead of an exclamation mark in place of the period so we would have two similarly titled threads and /that/ would be misleading, but this thread title clearly is different.

Life hack: Pressing F5 will refresh a web page so you can live on that other thread and be first to reply to the hottest, juiciest, thickest, thicc boi comments there.

Speaking of smoke detectors:

[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-04-05 19:10:34
Link | Citer | R

Did this yesterday actually.

Life hack: To re-enable backspace to go back a web page in the new Firefox version (since they disabled it), go into Firefox config and change the 2 to a 0.
By Rips 2021-04-06 01:21:44
Link | Citer | R

The check smoke / monoxide detector was the additional positivity we needed on these forums.
By zixxer 2021-04-06 01:58:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aeonova said: »
When I see the other thread title (like this thread's title), it just reminds me that "It's that time again" to backup my macros to the server. You should do that right now if you're just sitting there. Log off to character selection. Do it. Stop reading this. Go to it. It'll take 45 seconds.

Also check your smoke detector / carbon monoxide detector alarm batteries. I've seen some gnarly burn victim photos on the internet. I won't even show you them here. Just imagine.

Okay. Now back up your macros and check your smoke detector. The time/life you save may be your own.

YOU’RE NOT MY DAD.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-04-06 02:18:26
Link | Citer | R

If I was then I would tell you to dress more appropriately so you don't leave the house with your *** hanging out like some little Windurst trollop.

[+]