SE Perma-watermarks Cheaters (but Not In FFXI).

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » SE perma-watermarks cheaters (but not in FFXI).
SE perma-watermarks cheaters (but not in FFXI).
 Asura.Aeonova
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-04-01 16:50:51
Link | Citer | R

Official statement:
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/680420/view/2995430596681097270

Random sites picking up on it:
Youtube podcast video explaining it if you can't cipher:
YouTube Video Placeholder

Oh lawd. How nice it would be if they cared about Final Fantasy XI still (in any relevant way). Can you imagine if they hard-core enforeced cheating and RMT with anyone that ever cheated or bought gil having a watermark on their character. It would be such a nice way to laugh at people with more REMA than anyone could have acquired by legit means (back in the day; now anyone can fall hand-over-fist into gil if they actually try).
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-01 17:00:28
Link | Citer | R

We did this thread before... but I'm not gonna look for it lol
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Serveur: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2021-04-01 17:00:39
Link | Citer | R

It likely wouldnt be a great idea for ffxi, given almost everyone uses ashita or windower, which would brand everyone.

Or anyone that uses proxys/shims to be able to even run the game on modern hardware.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-01 17:03:59
Link | Citer | R

I mean, being branded as a cheater is a badge of honor.

You don't get a special title for playing fair. They did it wrong.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-01 17:09:30
Link | Citer | R

Like really. Oh noes, I have a label that says "uses tako"... but I get to keep the character, and the only punishment is an icon over my name?
Oh how will I ever live with the shame, woe is me.

Where do I sign?

(oh and important part of the story is you get segregated. "jail server" within the server, that changes things)
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-04-01 17:34:06
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
We did this thread before... but I'm not gonna look for it lol
To be fair, at this point, I think every "what if they..." thread has been done here before.

[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-04-01 17:42:16
Link | Citer | R

The game you linked is not made by Square Enix, it's made by an outside developer. They just publish it, aka they bought the rights to it after it was made.

All video games are a business, different kinds of businesses run in different ways. It would be beyond stupid for FFXI developers to take a zero tolerance stance against RMT and "cheating", as applies to all mmorpgs. It's about managing them, not outlawing them. Whether people like it or not there are a large number of users that want these things. The game is made for people, not angels.

Square Enix or even Blizzard cannot afford a DDOS war with RMT, and they can't afford to lose half their users by banning everything people consider cheats. They line they decide to hold is being held, that's it.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2021-04-01 19:52:03
Link | Citer | R

ya i remember a very long time ago, the entire month of october (dont remember year but it was during ps2 times) was 1 big ddos attack. dont fk with the rmt.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-04-01 20:08:32
Link | Citer | R

I mean, being branded as a cheater is a badge of honor.

You don't get a special title for playing fair. They did it wrong.
Since I got the two brown magic titles (and NO person has ever done that legit, please) I should get a big piece of **** next to my name

The ultimate branding
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-04-01 22:07:40
Link | Citer | R

Like really. Oh noes, I have a label that says "uses tako"... but I get to keep the character, and the only punishment is an icon over my name?
Oh how will I ever live with the shame, woe is me.

Where do I sign?

(oh and important part of the story is you get segregated. "jail server" within the server, that changes things)
ofc proper punishment like fast banning or some sort of shadow ban system would be prefered. however a label system could have been effective but only if they implemented it early in FFXI's life cycle and made tiers that destinguish between the regular gearswapper and the bots/tako and what not users.

by now most legit players quit or changed camp and since multiboxing became too easy to setup and most content doesn't demand a full alliance anymore it only needs a few degenerates to find each other or even just 1 uber degenerate aka 6 boxers to get pretty much all content done.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-04-03 00:42:57
Link | Citer | R

"outages" on launch day. I guess you shouldn't mess with the widdle script-kiddies.

https://www.ign.com/articles/outriders-online-outage-hampers-successful-launch

https://kotaku.com/outriders-launches-to-a-day-of-server-problems-like-ev-1846608910

Yes. I know it may not be teh l337 hax0rz, but if it was, they wouldn't say so anyway.