SE Does Listen!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » SE does listen!
SE does listen!
By Felgarr 2021-03-30 00:38:38
Link | Citer | R

Last month, I submitted a bug report to SE about how augmented Sinister Reign gear isn't deliverable on the same account.

Tonight, I received a /tell from [GM]Wyndallus asking for additional information, (just to list out specific items to fill out in his reply to the dev team). Here's a screenshot of part of the conversation as proof:

It feels pretty good to get a response from SE in general, without having to do something drastic, like drop a Beastmaster mythic. ^^;

If you've been holding on to capped Sinister Reign gear like I have, you'll get your inventory back soon! (without having to just toss them). Woo-hoo!

Thanks SE!
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-30 00:47:34
Link | Citer | R

I doubt anything is gonna happen...
Yesterday I trashed my second Ochu/Malevolence/PiercingSword/Club with perf augs.
I still have a lot of other drops (one copy only of course) with perf drops.
Would love being able to deliver them to my mule.

To be fair the same applies to Skirmish Gear, weapons, armor, you can't deliver those either and it's pretty lame.

If they were to allow us to deliver all of those I would recover, like, 15+ inventory space, nomnom.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
Serveur: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-03-30 00:52:02
Link | Citer | R

That doesn't state that they have any intention of adding this gear.

I guess congrats on hearing back about something you submitted a bug report on. However, it wasn't ever a bug considering they never stated this gear could be sent across the same POL account.

This person just said the ticket hadn't been closed and that is likely because the person that ran into it was from FF14's GM staff and had no idea why something that sounds like a legit bug to them wasn't working so they left it open so someone with more of a grasp on FF11 could look into it.

Yes. It would be nice if you could mule SR gear. It would also be nice if you could send any augmented gear from Odyssey or any of the gear from any of the later HTBF but I'm pretty sure they didn't allow those to be sendable for a reason. It would be nice to pimp my mules out in extra Malignance gear if I get doubles but I don't think they want that.

Edit: It's so nice to know that it takes them months to get around to looking at bug reports. I bet it's the same people that get together to go through English STF reports every 6~12 months.
[+]
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2021-03-30 01:08:39
Link | Citer | R

Felgarr said: »
Last month, I submitted a bug report to SE about how augmented Sinister Reign gear isn't deliverable on the same account.

Tonight, I received a /tell from [GM]Wyndallus asking for additional information, (just to list out specific items to fill out in his reply to the dev team). Here's a screenshot of part of the conversation as proof:

It feels pretty good to get a response from SE in general, without having to do something drastic, like drop a Beastmaster mythic. ^^;

If you've been holding on to capped Sinister Reign gear like I have, you'll get your inventory back soon! (without having to just toss them). Woo-hoo!

Thanks SE!

They are technically deliver-able but they are not augment deliverable. non-augment versions for which there are technically none are obtainable
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-30 03:18:58
Link | Citer | R

This isn't really an example of SE listening, just standard protocol for how they follow up on tickets for bugs submitted.

When I submitted a bug a while back regarding summoned pets AOE buffs affecting party members' trusts, they did the same follow up in game to get more information. They later acknowledged that it was a bug, but up to that point, the GM said nothing so it was just his ordinary job.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-03-30 05:01:38
Link | Citer | R

Bug reports are filtered hard, due to the nature of the game and most people posting bug reports that aren't actually bugs. So getting a bug report sent to the developers by the NA/EU staff is an impressive thing.

They might actually change this, since it makes little sense the augmented versions have different rules to unaugmented. If nothing else they can update the non-deliverable items list WIKI pages are updated from.
[+]
By Felgarr 2021-03-30 15:11:47
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
Bug reports are filtered hard, due to the nature of the game and most people posting bug reports that aren't actually bugs. So getting a bug report sent to the developers by the NA/EU staff is an impressive thing.

They might actually change this, since it makes little sense the augmented versions have different rules to unaugmented. If nothing else they can update the non-deliverable items list WIKI pages are updated from.

I don't know why other folks are shitting on this hard, so thanks for your pragmatism. It's a 20 y/o game, so I'll take what I can get.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-30 15:23:15
Link | Citer | R

I wasn't intending to "sh*t" on your post, was just sharing my experience with the bug reporting system. It just seemed like a standard protocol from what I observed.
[+]
By flyingtaru 2021-03-31 17:35:54
Link | Citer | R

Standard protocol is an automated response fixing nothing.
[+]