Node 438
[+]
 Asura.Nuance
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-03-28 01:42:39
Link | Citer | R

Posting this node here so it’s easier to find for those that may find it useful. Still a work in progress as we’ve learned new things every time. All of these are v15 clears.
 Asura.Bigtymer
user: olson2189
By Asura.Bigtymer 2021-03-28 11:04:40
Link | Citer | R

From what we've seen from five successful v15 Bumba kills, I would be inclined to agree with the theory that the chest healing up is based on combined total healing numbers between his self heal (Heaven's Grace) and heals from the party (absorbs). With no absorbs, he would always heal his chest for the first time at around the same time mark (around 4 minutes after pulling). On one pull, a Leaden healed it for 49K (dark absorb), and we got the first aura much earlier than the other pulls - around the 1.5 minute mark.

It's also worth mentioning that on Bumba, defense down from sources like Shellcrusher do land and do make a noticeable difference. Heaven's Grace erases a debuff though, so we were having SCH re-apply Shellcrusher with Impact + Occult Acumen set. We did not use the kite strat - instead, we stacked all non-tank members on the butt, but max melee (7+) so that only the tank would get hit with fetters. We are noticing that if you get 2nd aura and it's crits, it's annoyingly difficult to blue proc...
[+]
By Kasaioni 2021-03-28 13:44:42
Link | Citer | R

I know BG-wiki mentions multi-step SCs and certain types of damage, but any ideas on how to proc Mboze?
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-03-28 13:55:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bigtymer said: »
From what we've seen from five successful v15 Bumba kills, I would be inclined to agree with the theory that the chest healing up is based on combined total healing numbers between his self heal (Heaven's Grace) and heals from the party (absorbs). With no absorbs, he would always heal his chest for the first time at around the same time mark (around 4 minutes after pulling). On one pull, a Leaden healed it for 49K (dark absorb), and we got the first aura much earlier than the other pulls - around the 1.5 minute mark.

It's also worth mentioning that on Bumba, defense down from sources like Shellcrusher do land and do make a noticeable difference. Heaven's Grace erases a debuff though, so we were having SCH re-apply Shellcrusher with Impact + Occult Acumen set. We did not use the kite strat - instead, we stacked all non-tank members on the butt, but max melee (7+) so that only the tank would get hit with fetters. We are noticing that if you get 2nd aura and it's crits, it's annoyingly difficult to blue proc...

What is your party setup sir?
By Guyford 2021-03-28 14:01:21
Link | Citer | R

Ageha -> Jinpu -> Shoha -> Fudo is not a sc, I think you mean Jinpu -> Ageha -> Shoha -> Fudo.
Edit: Also do you mean Sam uses path B su5 not C?
 Hades.Dade
Serveur: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2021-03-28 15:02:42
Link | Citer | R

Kasaioni said: »
I know BG-wiki mentions multi-step SCs and certain types of damage, but any ideas on how to proc Mboze?

4 step skillchain works, our sam did light on tree.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-03-28 15:26:15
Link | Citer | R

Guyford said: »
Ageha -> Jinpu -> Shoha -> Fudo is not a sc, I think you mean Jinpu -> Ageha -> Shoha -> Fudo.
Edit: Also do you mean Sam uses path B su5 not C?
Yeah B.

Also;

Tachi: Ageha > Tachi: Jinpu (Detonation) > Tachi: Shoha (Gravitation) > Tachi: Fudo (Darkness)

The way we’ve been doing it we’ve only seen 1 proc needed to be done over the fight. The times we’ve had to deal with it more than once was just for for the sake of science to find out what’s up.

We actually don’t enfeeble it in any way outside of the occasional Angon.

We’ve seen it heal it’s chest with no help from us doing a skillchain or anything after anywhere between as few as 2 heavens grace and as many as 9. So I have no idea exactly what’s up there.

We didn’t stack up only because the range on sleep/silence while not a big deal with echos and sublimation, we tend to play as defensively as possible and avoid the “annoying” things when possible.
By Guyford 2021-03-28 16:30:10
Link | Citer | R

My bad thought shoha was frag and scission for some reason
 Asura.Bigtymer
user: olson2189
By Asura.Bigtymer 2021-03-28 18:55:49
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »

What is your party setup sir?

RUN, SCH, GEO, COR, BRD, MNK
 Bahamut.Belkin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-04-02 09:40:37
Link | Citer | R

Any tips on Ongo V10+?

Setup: RUN, BLM, COR, RNG, GEO, SCH (but we've also tried RDM). It's me and a friend two boxing here. Everything is pretty much top of the line in terms of gear, but we can't manage to crank DPS fast enough. We haven't even been getting it to 50% before we time out on V10.

Admittedly, there are challenges with managing 3 characters each, but we are pretty adept at it, so I'm confident that we are able to do this.

How much are your BLM's nuking for when Rayke is down? I'm barely cracking 11k on MB'd Stone 6s. When Rayke was up, I was able to hit 27k-30k MB's, but even if we kept Rayke at maximum uptime thru RD > WC > RD, I don't think that could make up the 50% damage we are still missing.

I feel like we are doing something wrong here. We are using the SC mentioned in the OP, but Namas Arrow missing is a pretty big setback.

Is BLM free nuking between SCs? My free nukes do sub 1k damage at the cost of big MP loss (even with Spaekona's Coat).

Is the key really Rayking 4 times instead of 2? Are we SCing too slow? Is the key getting max SCH helix to land?

Any tips are appreciated. :)
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2021-04-02 10:28:45
Link | Citer | R

Hey, Belkin.
The key from my experience with Ongo is SC speed. You need to be cranking SCs out non-stop for your BLM to be spamming Magic bursts.
There is very little downtime. Beating this with only 1 Rayke reset from RD/WC is enough.

Sniper Shot > Immanence > Geohelix non-stop should be the consistent SC throughout the fight.

Without Rayke, BLM should be hitting 20-30k magic bursts. With Rayke, above 50k minimum.

Helix should be capped and up full time. Helix contributes 1/3 of the damage, if not more throughout the fight.

Also regarding your MB numbers, post your set and what buffs are you using?
I'd recommend Geo Malaise, Indi acumen, entrust INT.
We used BRD over RNG though for marches and INT Etudes.

Edit: Forgot to mention, as SCH I like to use Shattersoul with Impact and apply -10 MDB. However if multiboxing, might not be best idea.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-04-02 10:43:40
Link | Citer | R

Shiraj:

His Setup sounds like the RUN RNG COR BLM SCH GEO setup using...

Jishnu -> Leaden -> Namas Arrow -> Wildfire

I think your suggestion is to RUN BRD COR BLM SCH GEO setup using

snipershot -> geohelix.

** its sound like the BLM might be the bottleneck here with low macc? a 4-step with a BLM geared out should be cranking out MB's not stop.. literally the entire fight.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2021-04-02 10:48:18
Link | Citer | R

Also regarding Bumba info:

I been creating my own info page on word document similar, and have some additions I can share.

Element absorb changes every 60s~ give or take 10-15s if casting/TP moves.

First aura spawns roughly 4 minutes upon engaging.
Second aura spawns roughly 5 minutes AFTER the First aura.

The speed in which the aura spawns can be altered by healing Bumba with the wrong element. I also confirmed Dia 2 is bad. Dia 2's DoT healed Bumba when he switched to light absorb and fetters spawned within a minute of engaging. The fetters have only ever spawned quicker than normal when healing through elemental damage was done.

Apologies for the wording: Unconfirmed, but I do not believe Heaven's Grace has any impact on Denounce, nor the aura. I believe it's just to remove status effects. We've had runs with Heaven's grace been used well over 10-15 times and we've survived the first denounce on multiple occasiona. My speculation on that is that aura is only affected by healing bumba with elemental damage and denounce is an enrage mechanic for failing to proc quick enough. The speculated mechanic about dealing magic damage/balance magic damage is still a possibility that you need to balance magic and physical to prevent the "enrage" denounce.

Debuffs do not cause Denounce, nor do they make aura spawn faster.
I tested this by spamming Impact and keeping it up fulltime when not absorbing dark. Aura still popped around 4min mark upon engaging.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2021-04-02 11:00:00
Link | Citer | R

Shiraj:

snipershot -> geohelix.

** its sound like the BLM might be the bottleneck here with low macc? a 4-step with a BLM geared out should be cranking out MB's not stop.. literally the entire fight.
Yes sorry, should've specified I'd recommend switching setup for speed.
I don't think BLM should have Macc issues if im being honest.
As SCH, I had some macc issues, but wasn't terrible, first helix got a half resist for 9k, couple nukes got resisted and only done 10k. But overall was relatively stable with Macc.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-04-02 11:05:07
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Shiraj said: »
Shiraj:

snipershot -> geohelix.

Yes sorry, should've specified I'd recommend switching setup for speed.
I don't think BLM should have Macc issues if im being honest.
As SCH, I had some macc issues, but wasn't terrible, first helix got a half resist for 9k, couple nukes got resisted and only done 10k. But overall was relatively stable with Macc.

The only thing i can think of his is blm gear isnt good? (macc?) Or the geo bubble didnt apply?

Your damage experience is double his. IM not sure INT etudes would make up the difference?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-04-02 11:17:44
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
Any tips are appreciated

You're running the same setup and issues I had in my previous posts.

Got some good suggestions from LS and we were able to clear 15. Using BRD SV INT Etudes made a good bit of difference. Threnody as well. Earth Shot and allow the BLM to get the first burst. Saw upwards of 70k burst during rayke. Getting a good MB helix at start is great, too. The key for us was synchronizing Gambit/Rayke, and having a series of resets if possible. Group would run in for reset of ES/Strats after Rayke/Gambit wore off for Random Deal. Then repeat process after Tabula/Bolster wears. Ideally, you want to unload all of your critical enhanced nukes at the start during the SP window. Having extra nukes from GEO/SCH is helpful. I don't know that RNG in the strategy is necessary, but certainly replaces tabula so your SCH can focus 100% on nukes.

Something that's also important is being quick with buff time. A lot of BRDs take too much time to put songs up, thats a critical 2~min you don't get to burst. Our bard just put on base songs with SV and then sang during the fight, which allowed more time for Nitro and landing the Threnody.
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-04-02 11:55:05
Link | Citer | R

s

This is my MB set. I had been locking Spaekona's Coat until I realized that Myrkr with tactician's roll might be a better option.

main="Marin Staff +1",
sub="Enki Strap",
ammo="Pemphredo Tathlum",
head="Ea hat +1",
body="Ea Houppe. +1",
hands={ name="Amalric Gages +1", augments={'INT+12','Mag. Acc.+20','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+20',}},
legs="Ea Slops +1",
feet={ name="Amalric Nails +1", augments={'Mag. Acc.+20','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+20','"Conserve MP"+7',}},
neck={ name="Src. Stole +2", augments={'Path: A',}},
waist="Hachirin-no-Obi",
left_ear="Regal Earring",
right_ear="Malignance Earring",
left_ring="Freke Ring",
right_ring="Mujin Band",
back={ name="Taranus's Cape", augments={'INT+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','INT+10','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},

What's the sitrep on Malaise? I had been operating under the impression that any GEO debuff was nerfed to hell and not worth using. We had been using Samurai Roll/Wizard Roll (Samurai for SC purposes). We were using Indi-Haste, Geo Acumen, and entrust Refresh from the idris GEO. It seems like Geo Malaise is adding a respectable amount of damage though.
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-04-02 11:56:31
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Got some good suggestions from LS and we were able to clear 15. Using BRD SV INT Etudes made a good bit of difference. Threnody as well. Earth Shot and allow the BLM to get the first burst. Saw upwards of 70k burst during rayke. Getting a good MB helix at start is great, too. The key for us was synchronizing Gambit/Rayke, and having a series of resets if possible. Group would run in for reset of ES/Strats after Rayke/Gambit wore off for Random Deal. Then repeat process after Tabula/Bolster wears. Ideally, you want to unload all of your critical enhanced nukes at the start during the SP window. Having extra nukes from GEO/SCH is helpful. I don't know that RNG in the strategy is necessary, but certainly replaces tabula so your SCH can focus 100% on nukes.

Something that's also important is being quick with buff time. A lot of BRDs take too much time to put songs up, thats a critical 2~min you don't get to burst. Our bard just put on base songs with SV and then sang during the fight, which allowed more time for Nitro and landing the Threnody.

Thanks man!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-04-02 12:02:23
Link | Citer | R

What's the sitrep on Malaise? I had been operating under the impression that any GEO debuff was nerfed to hell and not worth using.

It is nerfed to hell, but you are going to be using Bolster at start, so even a 20% bubble is better than the alternative. It's not going to be much of an issue with macc, so you can afford to Bolster Malaise, Indi-INT, entrust acument. When Bolster wears, you can indi-acumen, Geo-INT if you want, since the nq bubble might not be that great. Though, you can 75% bubble a couple of times with RD, so you might just stick with Malaise.

I was told that during Bolster, Indi-INT is better than Indi-Acumen for Ongo, so that's what we used for our runs. idk the numbers to support it though.
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-04-02 12:09:37
Link | Citer | R

I suppose I had been neglecting burn and impact uptime as well. I didn't realize skyballing on INT would make such a difference.

We'll tune it up and give it another go. Thanks for the help all.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-04-02 12:25:57
Link | Citer | R

I suppose I had been neglecting burn and impact uptime as well. I didn't realize skyballing on INT would make such a difference.

Yeah, it's all of these things. You can reset ES when you run in for the RD.

According to Papesse, it's going to resist MBs regardless, so adding in Rayke, INT, Threnody, Earth Shots are the key to bumping damage up and just try to get as much damage as possible during that window. You're running with constant 4-step, which is a great window for it. You should be fine if you make the adjustments.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-04-02 12:36:06
Link | Citer | R

Also regarding Bumba info:

I been creating my own info page on word document similar, and have some additions I can share.

Element absorb changes every 60s~ give or take 10-15s if casting/TP moves.

First aura spawns roughly 4 minutes upon engaging.
Second aura spawns roughly 5 minutes AFTER the First aura.

The speed in which the aura spawns can be altered by healing Bumba with the wrong element. I also confirmed Dia 2 is bad. Dia 2's DoT healed Bumba when he switched to light absorb and fetters spawned within a minute of engaging. The fetters have only ever spawned quicker than normal when healing through elemental damage was done.

Apologies for the wording: Unconfirmed, but I do not believe Heaven's Grace has any impact on Denounce, nor the aura. I believe it's just to remove status effects. We've had runs with Heaven's grace been used well over 10-15 times and we've survived the first denounce on multiple occasiona. My speculation on that is that aura is only affected by healing bumba with elemental damage and denounce is an enrage mechanic for failing to proc quick enough. The speculated mechanic about dealing magic damage/balance magic damage is still a possibility that you need to balance magic and physical to prevent the "enrage" denounce.

Debuffs do not cause Denounce, nor do they make aura spawn faster.
I tested this by spamming Impact and keeping it up fulltime when not absorbing dark. Aura still popped around 4min mark upon engaging.

Any tips on finding the element or element order? My group hasn't started farming him yet, we just unlocked him so far.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2021-04-02 12:42:42
Link | Citer | R

Look for visual queues. Not sure what/if anything has changed, but each SP animation displays a colour, that colour shows what he absorbs. The element he absorbs is random and it's possible he absorbs the same element 3 times in a row...
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-04-02 13:04:38
Link | Citer | R

Look for visual queues. Not sure what/if anything has changed, but each SP animation displays a colour, that colour shows what he absorbs. The element he absorbs is random and it's possible he absorbs the same element 3 times in a row...

Does he open with a random one every time?
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2021-04-02 13:07:34
Link | Citer | R

Yes, random everytime.
 Lakshmi.Deathsoul
user: deathsoul
By Lakshmi.Deathsoul 2021-04-02 13:46:45
Link | Citer | R

For Ongo, is any one able to share their helix set? I tried Ongo last night and best helix I got off was 5k and that was with cor rolls and Idris geo with bolster. So I'm thinking my helix set is horribly wrong.
 Lakshmi.Fivestarplayer
By Lakshmi.Fivestarplayer 2021-04-02 13:52:54
Link | Citer | R

your GEO probably has no idea what he's doing. Can you have him post his set?
 Lakshmi.Watusa
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2021-04-02 13:59:38
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Deathsoul said: »
For Ongo, is any one able to share their helix set? I tried Ongo last night and best helix I got off was 5k and that was with cor rolls and Idris geo with bolster. So I'm thinking my helix set is horribly wrong.
Did you try turning it off and back on again?
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2021-04-02 14:02:57
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Deathsoul said: »

This is my set, was doing 18k~ unresisted Geohelix II without Rayke.
For the Macc, I used Tupsimati/Ambu grip, however if using Indi Focus, maybe Bunzi Rod/Culminus will win 100%.
Code
	sets.MBHelix = {
		ammo="Ghastly Tathlum +1",
		head={ name="Merlinic Hood", augments={'"Mag.Atk.Bns."+23','Magic burst dmg.+9%','INT+3','Mag. Acc.+14',}},
		body={ name="Merlinic Jubbah", augments={'Mag. Acc.+21 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+21','Magic burst dmg.+9%','Mag. Acc.+11','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+8',}},
		hands={ name="Amalric Gages +1", augments={'INT+12','Mag. Acc.+20','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+20',}},
		legs={ name="Merlinic Shalwar", augments={'Mag. Acc.+23 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+23','Magic burst dmg.+10%','Mag. Acc.+11','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+8',}},
		feet={ name="Amalric Nails +1", augments={'Mag. Acc.+20','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+20','"Conserve MP"+7',}},
		neck={ name="Argute Stole +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
		waist="Skrymir Cord",
		left_ear="Malignance Earring",
		right_ear="Regal Earring",
		left_ring="Locus Ring",
		right_ring="Mujin Band",
		back={ name="Bookworm's Cape", augments={'INT+1','Helix eff. dur. +13','"Regen" potency+9',}},}
First Page 2