Ambscuade Agument Vs Hearty Earring

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Ambscuade Agument vs hearty earring
Ambscuade Agument vs hearty earring
By DaneBlood 2021-03-13 12:57:23
Link | Citer | R

So hearty earring has the in-game text: "increase resistance to all status ailments" sound nice.
From bg wiki we get the info "Resistance to all status ailments +5%."
So it sounds like its an additional check to resis s status ailments 5% of the time complete before meva check. nice

on ambuscade cape augment it is: Occ. inc. resist to stt. ailments +10".
on bg wiki it simply shortenes down to:"Status ailment resistance"

The bg wiki description make it sounds like it works like hearty earing as an extra check for complete resistance. but thein-game text looks like more of it a chance to increase meva and not a full resist"

Are these function the same? or are they differently ?
I'm unsure if i want the status ailment resist or just plain meva on my idle cape
 Sylph.Excalin
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Excalin
By Sylph.Excalin 2021-03-13 13:55:10
Link | Citer | R

I assume it would be Resist! since otherwise it would just be the same as Meva for ailments (which would be weaker). the stat would be 1/2 against NMs. Assuming you are talking backline idle during a fight, I usually assign P/DT to that augment slot.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2021-03-13 15:15:10
Link | Citer | R

DaneBlood said: »
So hearty earring has the in-game text: "increase resistance to all status ailments" sound nice.
So it sounds like its an additional check to resis s status ailments 5% of the time complete before meva check. nice

The bg wiki description make it sounds like it works like hearty earing as an extra check for complete resistance. but thein-game text looks like more of it a chance to increase meva and not a full resist"

I'm unsure if i want the status ailment resist or just plain meva on my idle cape
tldr: you want magic evasion over resist+ every day, all days.

Resist+ (my shorthand) has had many various phrasings throughout this game's lifetime, but they're all the same: +n% chance to resist a thing.
The Job Traits also work this way too, and are additive to any gear effects.
However, and this is a big however any why you'll always want Meva, the effect's potency is halved against any NM.
So there's not a cavalcade of cascading dice rolls for each piece of gear you're wearing, it's all added together and then that's the % chance to resist that/all ailment/s.
By DaneBlood 2021-03-13 16:17:18
Link | Citer | R

FaeQueenCory said: »

Resist+ (my shorthand) has had many various phrasings throughout this game's lifetime, but they're all the same: +n% chance to resist a thing.
However, and this is a big however any why you'll always want Meva, the effect's potency is halved against any NM.
So there's not a cavalcade of cascading dice rolls for each piece of gear you're wearing, it's all added together and then that's the % chance to resist that/all ailment/s.

TY

i was only assuming the resist+ (your shorthand) was a separate check from meva not each gear was separate.
It was just whatever the cape is resist+ or a occasional increase in meva since the wording sounded more that way.

F'ing Se need to stay with a terminology and go with it

never the less meva is going on the cape now
 Asura.Geriond
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-03-13 16:39:48
Link | Citer | R

FaeQueenCory said: »
DaneBlood said: »

This is not quite true; there is one occasion where you want Resist over MEVA: when mobs have so much MACC that you are unable to obtain enough MEVA to uncap their hit rate.

For example, Tumult Creator.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2021-03-18 15:55:55
Link | Citer | R

bumping this because i think i understood what FaeQueenCory was trying to say

there is no first resist rate (hearty earring) and then a roll against meva

Meva vs Macc = chance to resits + heart earrign resits = finally resist rate.

So if meva alone would give you 30% then with heary earing it would be 35 with ordinary mob. or 32.5% if its a nm

but meva pushes 1% to 2% per meva (Depending on current meav to macc relationship) additional chance so again nm meva easily out performance resist+

Just double checking im getting it right