Autotarget Addon - Does It Exist?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Autotarget Addon - Does it exist?
Autotarget Addon - Does it exist?
First Page 2
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-12 12:50:38
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone know if its possible to create an addon where you can manipulate/randomize how autotarget operates? I have heard it is based on monster ID, and always targets monsters in the same order for everyone engaged (assuming you are all facing the same direction).

Like in dynamis, always seems to target pets/statues first. In Odyssey, it always seems to target monsters far away for me, and 3 DD are all whacking on the same one. With monster collision, sometimes I autotarget very quickly and while swapping, I misfire my WS macro making me lose TP. Or it takes several seconds to run through the group to get to that actual monster it targeted.

I wish there was a way to adjust this function so it would always target the monster closest to you instead, or some other custom controls (like always target monsters with highest HP first) so that I'm not wasting DPS overkilling.

Is this possible?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-03-12 14:39:55
Link | Citer | R

Probably not that hard to change the target when you autotarget, since I'm pretty sure a command goes through command handler. You could catch the command and change out the ID. Making you autotarget when nothing is set to autotarget to avoid disengaging is a bit trickier and would depend on the exact order of events the game does.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-12 14:43:46
Link | Citer | R

It'd just be nice to change the default from "the most annoying mob possible" to "literally just the closest"

Instead of the ranger thats 500 yalms away... how about the mob thats in front of me.
[+]
By eliroo 2021-03-12 14:47:41
Link | Citer | R

This game really needs an enmity list addon where you can just click on on target in range from a list.
[+]
 Bismarck.Batton
Serveur: Bismarck
user: BattonBiz
By Bismarck.Batton 2021-03-12 15:10:14
Link | Citer | R

This isnt exactly what youre looking for but damn close.
https://github.com/xurion/ffxi-targeter
 Bismarck.Xurion
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2021-03-12 15:12:18
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Batton said: »
This isnt exactly what youre looking for but damn close.
https://github.com/xurion/ffxi-targeter
Have you used it Batton? I made it about a year ago but didn't have much success with it in laggy areas. Worked everywhere else fine.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-03-12 15:14:03
Link | Citer | R

This would be awesome, there just has to be some way to adjust targeting inside FFXI. Right now it's absolutely crappy and always wants to target someone far away instead of the stuff right in front of us.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Batton
By Bismarck.Batton 2021-03-12 15:41:10
Link | Citer | R

I havent in the new zones but even autotarget has been slow as balls in Odyssey.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-12 15:44:40
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Sudra said: »
If it just didn’t choose BST pets or SMN avatars first, I’d be ok with that. Don’t know why it seems like SE made it so they autotarget those things first.

What ever system is in place to target is literally bassackwards. Priority is reverse order.

Blms Rngs Nins pets all at the front instead of the back. That's the thing I'd love to see changed... or toggled. that's some QOL I think everyone could be on the same page for.
[+]
 Bismarck.Batton
By Bismarck.Batton 2021-03-12 15:45:50
Link | Citer | R

even dropping a /targetbnpc into your gearswap when going from engaged > idle might have some success
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-12 16:11:18
Link | Citer | R

I don't use gearswap, was just looking for a better solution than "target manually", which is what I have been doing. In timed events like Odyssey where its a race against the clock, just trying to improve my personal targeting as much as possible.

Targeting the closest monster would be a good fix overall, but I would even like the option to target something someone else ISN'T fighting, or prioritize what other people ARE fighting. Just some simple controls on the menu so that I can adjust them based on events.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-03-12 16:12:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Odin.Sudra said: »
If it just didn’t choose BST pets or SMN avatars first, I’d be ok with that. Don’t know why it seems like SE made it so they autotarget those things first.

What ever system is in place to target is literally bassackwards. Priority is reverse order.

Blms Rngs Nins pets all at the front instead of the back. That's the thing I'd love to see changed... or toggled. that's some QOL I think everyone could be on the same page for.

Wonder if we could request it from SE lol
By DaneBlood 2021-03-16 23:01:22
Link | Citer | R

and auto target blacklisk might be eaiser to implemant while not sovling the full issue like mobs far away. it could silve the issue of hitting pets and nin mobs
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2021-03-16 23:29:36
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Probably not that hard to change the target when you autotarget, since I'm pretty sure a command goes through command handler.

What would the benefit be to doing this as opposed to just having a player have autotarget off and handling autotargeting for them?
 Bahamut.Balduran
Serveur: Bahamut
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-03-17 02:01:23
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Arico said: »
Shiva.Thorny said: »
Probably not that hard to change the target when you autotarget, since I'm pretty sure a command goes through command handler.

What would the benefit be to doing this as opposed to just having a player have autotarget off and handling autotargeting for them?

Autotarget itself works much faster switching between targets. While manual targeting has a delay before you engage a new monster. (Sometimes even much higher delay due to the outdated server code which locks you in animation lock, but that's a totally different story.)
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-17 03:58:14
Link | Citer | R

I've always wondered if the perceived animation delay between autotarget and manual engage/target is just visual or if there is a real difference in the math behind it as well.

In other terms: does it look like you're saving time when autotargeting (hence raising dps) or is it just a visual/animations things and nothing really changes?
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2021-03-17 04:32:24
Link | Citer | R

I tried my targeter addon in Dyna D again last night (haven't messed with it in at least 6 months) and it still takes a while to actually target.

I'm interested in finding out why, as it just uses the same incoming packet logic that /assist uses, and when you use /assist, it seems almost instant.
By Solonuke 2021-03-17 04:48:35
Link | Citer | R

The targeter addon uses the assist packet to target, which doesn't work on most NPCs. It's the same packet Akaden uses in his Superwarp when targeting the homepoint.

Windower 5 seems to have resolved the targeting issue though.
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2021-03-17 04:51:04
Link | Citer | R

I was attempting to target statues - as a COR who's on permanent statue sniper duty, this was my original need.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-03-17 09:15:17
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
I've always wondered if the perceived animation delay between autotarget and manual engage/target is just visual or if there is a real difference in the math behind it as well.

In other terms: does it look like you're saving time when autotargeting (hence raising dps) or is it just a visual/animations things and nothing really changes?
Autotarget actually makes your first swing on the new mob faster (assuming you don't have to run to them first).
 Asura.Arico
By Asura.Arico 2021-03-17 12:52:20
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
Autotarget actually makes your first swing on the new mob faster (assuming you don't have to run to them first).

That's not true. Anyone who tells you otherwise is a bad programmer.
 Bahamut.Balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-03-17 16:24:35
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »

I'd certainly agree with the latter. Autotargeting is definitely a bonus to increased productivity and overall damage, vs manually engaging or targeting.

I can relate to some scenarios where autotarget was quite beneficial for everyone. For example at low-man divergence COR+THF strategy, the COR would engage 1 target for STP, and thief would engage a random target then toss Rudra, followed by Leaden <stnpc> → Darkness, target dies and thief moves on to the next target, rinse repeat. To make things more interesting, when I was on thief role, I would sometimes manually change target once I've tossed Rudra, and pro-actively move on to the next target to apply TH and another Rudra, knowing the COR will keep up with that pace, was great synergy, very productive and a lot of fun. Also at job point parties where the puller would lure 2 enemies at a time, autotarget was incredible useful to keep the pace going and maintain the chain.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-03-17 16:44:02
Link | Citer | R

That's not true. Anyone who tells you otherwise is a bad programmer.
It is true, I just checked it.

999 delay weapon, 0% Haste
Autotarget: ~3 seconds from killing blow to hitting new mob
Manual Engage: ~13 seconds from killing blow to hitting new mob

366 delay weapon, 80% haste
Manual Engage: ~5 seconds from killing blow to hitting new mob
[+]
 Asura.Arico
By Asura.Arico 2021-03-17 16:59:02
Link | Citer | R

Okay so I wasn't suggesting Thorny fly to a player's house and handle targeting by hand. This is all done via packets. I was asking why he wanted to intercept the already outgoing target change packet and change the target as opposed to just injecting a new one himself.

There is no special autotarget packet. Your client just sends the target switch packet as soon as your current target's HP hits 0%, therefore there's no difference in speed.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-03-17 17:01:27
Link | Citer | R

Okay so I wasn't suggesting Thorny fly to a player's house and handle targeting by hand. This is all done via packets. I was asking why he wanted to intercept the already outgoing target change packet and change the target as opposed to just injecting a new one himself.

There is no special autotarget packet. Your client just sends the target switch packet as soon as your current target's HP hits 0%, therefore there's no difference in speed.
The statement you originally quoted was comparing autotarget vs manually re-engaging. It has nothing to do with packets.
 Asura.Arico
By Asura.Arico 2021-03-17 17:18:11
Link | Citer | R

The statement you originally quoted was comparing autotarget vs manually re-engaging. It has nothing to do with packets.

Well looks like I just picked myself a bouquet of oopsy-daisies...

I quoted the wrong post...

I was replying to Balduran's post saying the same thing as you in response to me asking Thorny why not handle it all himself instead of intercepting the packet.

If he was talking about manually targeting then idk why he bothered posting and talking about outdated server code. You could see why I would think he replying to my post and talking about hte same thing instead of just some other random topic.
[+]
 Bahamut.Balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-03-17 17:26:12
Link | Citer | R

I was replying to Balduran's post saying the same thing as you in response to me asking Thorny why not handle it all himself instead of intercepting the packet.

If he was talking about manually targeting then idk why he bothered posting and talking about outdated server code. You could see why I would think he replying to my post and talking about hte same thing instead of just some other random topic.

I reread Thorny's post, and then yours, and realized that I misunderstood the initial, I was referring to something irrelevant, sorry for the confusion xD
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-03-17 18:08:20
Link | Citer | R

He was talking about a scenario where you'd have auto-target off, then have the theoretical program pick a new mob to target as you disengage, which means you then have to engage again and possibly have outdated server code delay the engaging animation, because that's what he thought Thorny's goal was regarding the post he quoted. He wasn't talking about a scenario where you're engaged the entire time between mobs.
First Page 2