How Feasible Is It To Form A PUG For Aeonic Clear?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » How feasible is it to form a PUG for aeonic clear?
How feasible is it to form a PUG for aeonic clear?
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Kelg
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Kelg
By Bahamut.Kelg 2021-03-01 17:21:54
Link | Citer | R

I can solo most everything in zitah and at least all T1 in Reisenjima/ru'an. Haven't tried any T2+ in those 2 zones though.

How difficult do these enemies get? Is a PUG a viable way to clear all 3 zones?
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-01 17:32:58
Link | Citer | R

All but the last 5 yeah, totally not unreasonable for almost any pug setup.

Getting people to do it is more of a challenge than actually doing it.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-03-01 17:35:25
Link | Citer | R

Just try, worst case you fail but maybe you have some fun in the process!
[+]
 Bahamut.Kelg
user: Kelg
By Bahamut.Kelg 2021-03-01 17:45:38
Link | Citer | R

Last 5 of Reisenjima? What's so bad about them?

And yeah, it's kind of a pain to get people for stuff on Bahamut
 Odin.Senaki
Serveur: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-03-01 17:59:03
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kelg said: »
Last 5 of Reisenjima? What's so bad about them?

And yeah, it's kind of a pain to get people for stuff on Bahamut

Most of the T4s have some multi step mechanic that changes throughout the fight. Which is why it would normally be too much for /yell groups.

That being said, with gear creep /yell groups are seeming a lot more feasible as of late.

Even if just for bursting them down.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-01 17:59:04
Link | Citer | R

Of the last 7, 5 of em aren't exactly pug friendly is all.

Not "hard" so to say, but have adds and require some actual (barely, but more than the zero the others take) effort.

You can throw blindfolded mnks at almost anything as long as you give them haste and win. Those last 5 take just a little more effort than that.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-03-01 18:04:01
Link | Citer | R

For a group who has zero experience with an Aeonic cycle, the greatest tool is gonna be raw knowledge. Spend a few lunch breaks at work on bgwiki and read up on the mobs so you know what to expect, and how to mitigate/survive/avoid as required.

The next question is going to end up being the "how"- what kind of damage you wish to deal to what mobs.

The biggest difficulty I see in doing a pickup for WoC, Kirin/Kouryu, and the 5 HELMs in Reisenjima Eiryl mentions would be just that knowledge. Some join pickups and expect to auto-engage and zzz, or turn on Cureplease followed by making dinner. They're going to need to know their job for that specific fight, and do it.

Add to this difficulty that those seeking to join your pickup aren't going to be the ones most seasoned in this content, so experience will be less....and you can see why the pickups that do happen have traditionally relied on SMN burn all the things vs a strategy.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2021-03-01 18:28:08
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kelg said: »
I can solo most everything in zitah and at least all T1 in Reisenjima/ru'an. Haven't tried any T2+ in those 2 zones though.

How difficult do these enemies get? Is a PUG a viable way to clear all 3 zones?

On Asura I've done every NM for an aeonic in a pickup group at least once. That's with summoner strat mind you. For melee or nuking strats I would not try most of Kouryu + the Reisenjima HELMs in a pug. It takes a bit of coordination and an understanding of the fights, even with gear creep. Most of them have some "*** you" mechanic and you need proper buffs and debuffs.

Ever consider making an aeonic LS? Having voice chat and planning/coordination is a far better way to approach these IMO, especially on not-Asura because there are fewer people.
[+]
By Seraphpdh 2021-03-01 18:28:08
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
The biggest difficulty I see in doing a pickup for WoC, Kirin/Kouryu, and the 5 HELMs in Reisenjima

These are the problem NMs by far. You can get information for all the NMs here including what is needd to pop, what vorseals they reward upon death, and links to details and strats on how to defeat:

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:Escha#Geas_Fete

Keep in mind, some of these NMs can cost over a million gil in pop items each, so being prepared can save you costly wipes. Even with good groups, wipes can still happen on Kirin, WoC, and the Reisenjima HELMs. Good luck.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-03-01 19:07:39
Link | Citer | R

Lil' off topic, but related to the original question.

I know the BG wiki lists the Nm mechanics, but is there anywhere that shows the individual fight steps for a party to succeed on the Reien HELMs?

I mean like job layouts, specific strategies, rotations, methods, gear requirements, etc?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-03-01 19:11:32
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Senaki said: »

I know the BG wiki lists the Nm mechanics, but is there anywhere that shows the individual fight steps for a party to succeed on the Reien HELMs?

I mean like job layouts, specific strategies, rotations, methods, gear requirements, etc?

Many of the discussions links on BGWiki will lead you to now-outdated strats, as they were first posted when the content was new.

Its probably easier these days to start a new thread here in the Endgame subforum with the mob in question + the strat you plan on using, and asking for suggestions/advice/experiences doing that.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-01 19:14:53
Link | Citer | R

whatshisface Grimm was going to do a whole breakdown to help people do helms.

Not that one is needed....(it is literally cast da (de)buffs, cast da sleeps, kill da mob) but he didn't do it. You should remind him of it.

Mrgrim said: »
2020-09-10
Should I create an academy where i teach the locals how to clear aeonics be4 i go back to shiva, so they can keep em in check?

(I mean really, not even being snarky, a "guide" would consist of two sentences each unless you go ahead and add all the obvious stuff for reasons)
 Bahamut.Suph
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2021-03-01 19:25:30
Link | Citer | R

Here?

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/51577/t4-reisenjima-strategy/
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-03-01 19:39:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
(I mean really, not even being snarky, a "guide" would consist of two sentences each unless you go ahead and add all the obvious stuff for reasons)

You're correct, its not snarky, but as someone who honestly does feel the same way you do, its an entitled perspective.

We've been doing these fights literally dozens of times over years. Someone seeking to do a pickup run for their first Aeonic needs to know what bubbles to drop, what buffs are needed, etc. They may be natural responses to many, but again- if this is your first rodeo, you don't even know how to get on the horse.
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-03-01 19:44:46
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Suph said: »

Here?

Yeah but that was back when it was new. Job adjustments have happened since and we have new gear.

I'm sure someone can make a break down of each fight.

We're getting step-by-step guides for the Ody NMs anyway lol.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-03-01 19:46:17
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Suph said: »

Here?

Yeah but that was back when it was new. Job adjustments have happened since and we have new gear.

I'm sure someone can make a break down of each fight.

We're getting step-by-step guides for the Ody NMs anyway lol.

oh- you mean that when content is new and not 5 years old, people write up how they did it? But don't after they've figured it out and it gets easier?
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

Many of the discussions links on BGWiki will lead you to now-outdated strats, as they were first posted when the content was new.

Its probably easier these days to start a new thread here in the Endgame subforum with the mob in question + the strat you plan on using, and asking for suggestions/advice/experiences doing that.
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2021-03-01 21:21:15
Link | Citer | R

Look up Ejinn’s videos on YouTube for insight. His strats don’t involve summoners so he discusses a lot of the NM mechanics at different phases. Biggest caveat is he’s geared out and very practiced at these fights. They are still great guides
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2021-03-01 23:18:16
Link | Citer | R

endxen said: »
Problem with Kirin is that if you buy the scraps its a 2M pop nm. Its one of those fights it only takes one person not knowing what they are doing to Spike Flail it and wipe the group. If gil isn't an issue then you'll get through them but if you don't then expect some headaches along the way.
If you can find 3-4 competent and decent geared players, Kirin is easy with just RUN MNK WHM + additional support. RUN pops to super tank the gods and MNK just does smite > smite for light easily. If you lack support, this is a fight I use R15 glanzfaust in since you can do smite > fury > smite.
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2021-03-02 02:17:33
Link | Citer | R

PUG aeonic is definitely possible. just requires the leader to do some work researching the troublesome NMs as mentioned. you have a much better geared pool of players to choose from compared to 4 years ago, though.
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-03-02 04:45:46
Link | Citer | R

I actually did manage to do a /yell aeonic NM while clearing the Reisen T4s a while back. Here was the NM/strat:

I'm sure you can take less Smns now than we did back then.

Erinys

Party 1: Smn, Smn, Smn, Smn, Smn, Cor/Whm
Party 2: Pld, Pld, Brd/whm, Geo/whm, Bst/whm.

11 total people in party @ time of fight. Could prob way drop it down now-a-days.

Cor: Beast/Drachen Rolls.
  • Cor healed smns as needed and gave wild card to refresh mp as needed

Smn: Ramuh on main boss.
Brd (4 song, relic): Swapped into Smn party prior to Cor buffing, gave mp songs. In tank party, gave defense +songs.
Bst: Slime pet on main boss, focused -33% attk/def down.
Pld: 2x roles: 1x popper (Aegis), 1x boss (Aegis).
The Popper-Pld would pop the nm -> run to the corner with his back to the wall away from the ??? (about 20' yalms). He would tank the ads.
  • Popper-Pld pops off an Invincible (using relic legs to increase duration) shortly after getting to the corner.

• This means the pld will take very limited damage for 40 seconds while in their corner.

The boss-tank-Pld would provoke the main boss and hold it at the ???.
  • Boss-Pld will pop invincible as soon as Popper-pld moves away. Boss pld will also make sure to not do AoE spells now abilities as to not get hate from ads.

The Geo will immediately put up Bolster and Geo-fraility. indi-torpor, entrust-fade (Boss-tank).
  • Geo (Idris) does Dia II, Para, anything they can land really after Geo bubbles are up, then just kinda helped heal boss-pld.

Smns will AC as soon as Geo bubbles are on the NM.

Bst will use slime pet's ability + unleash to spam it and max HP down (use it one time only @ start of fight).
  • Bst will ONLY use slime JA once ads have moved away as to avoid hitting them with aoe. For safety can wait until they're all the way 20' yalms and face pet away from ads [due to conal].

No one will heal the popper-pld besides themselves as to not get ads.

The support jobs will heal the boss-pld as needed. We found it best if the Brd and Cor hyper focuses this at the start to until Geo finishes their spells.

Brd can do slow / brd debuffs on Erinys as needed.

Cor can light shot as needed, and do ranged DD with Last Stand as desired.

Popper-pld can spam aoe thingies without issue. *Cures, sentinel, etc).
  • I wouldn't recommend healing main pld though.

The Boss-pld can pop it's Sentinel prior to the fight if desired.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

With this method Erinys died in like 40 seconds.

Our Smns were not BiS, albeit close, and most did not have mythic.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2021-03-02 09:50:24
Link | Citer | R

The worm is super easy. just buff up a DD with shining one and have them spam impulse drive whenever it's not absorbing.
By GlassyCraver 2021-03-02 11:24:01
Link | Citer | R

I've made a dozen in PuG, and no doubt hundreds of others have on Asura. Nothing is hard with SMN burn but interest in doing these is really low now.

Someone posted the other day about 2 WAR downing Schah in seconds, same is probably possible on Vini too?
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2021-03-02 11:39:56
Link | Citer | R

The Popper-Pld would pop the nm -> run to the corner with his back to the wall away from the ??? (about 20' yalms). He would tank the ads.
Popper-Pld pops off an Invincible (using relic legs to increase duration) shortly after getting to the corner.

This means the pld will take very limited damage for 40 seconds while in their corner.
PLD/DNC is best for this, you will have capped TP from being hit constantly by adds, gives you extra self cure power if MP runs low.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2021-03-02 11:54:05
Link | Citer | R

Most people should be well enough geared these days to do it melee style and not have to be on the hunt for SMN only (if they've geared out their SMN they probably already have all the Aeonics they need anyway, so getting many of those who aren't just bored may be tough). Problem may be finding all the buffers you need. 2 BRD and a COR or two, plus a GEO make a difference. BRD carols really trivialize some of these NMs. Plus a few DDs with Malignance (which should be pretty common now) and the damage/debuffs aren't going to be full wipes.

Key is as people said, go over the strategies thoroughly with the group.

Also, there are some gimmicky things that will hose you regardless - like not stunning Just Desserts. So you still need some competent people in the PUG to pull their weight.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-03-02 15:48:34
Link | Citer | R

Erinys
Party 1: Smn, Smn, Smn, Smn, Smn, Cor/Whm
Party 2: Pld, Pld, Brd/whm, Geo/whm, Bst/whm.

Tbh, I wonder if this 2-tank method would work with DD bursting. I have to imagine it would.

Party 1: War, War, War, Brd, Cor (Drop and go to tank party after buffs), Geo, Healer.
Party 2: Pld, Pld, Cor (After dropping - then pew from afar).

Then just have wars use the new sets or whatever.

I'd be willing to test this sometime.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-03-02 15:54:58
Link | Citer | R

The short answer is it will be tough to finish Reisenjima, and you might stumble a little on Kouryu and Warder of Courage. Everything else is very doable.

I can give the long answer in PMs. Doing the whole thing as a pick up group is very unlikely, so you would have to join a group, or make one from scratch. Send me a PM if you'd like some details on strategies.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2021-03-02 15:55:22
Link | Citer | R

A pug Zerde would be interesting to see. Non Smn burn of course.
First Page 2