Forum » Windower » General » SafeOboro: get rid of scammers around Oboro
SafeOboro: get rid of scammers around Oboro
First Page 2
VIP
By Lili 2021-02-22 21:18:00
Link | Citer | R

Hello all.

Scammers make me rage. So I wrote this.

It will make any players in a radius of 10 yalms from Oboro disappear. Except you of course. Enjoy your privacy with him!

https://github.com/lili-ffxi/FFXI-Addons/tree/master/safeoboro

No commands. Load it and it's active. Load it before zoning into Port Jeuno for maximum effectiveness.

TO-DO: make the distance configurable with a command, make it not block other players in your party.

Say goodbye to Odoro (and bazaar scammers) forever. Enjoy!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-22 21:20:28
Link | Citer | R

Hey, love the *** outta that. Please, add Gorpa-Masorpa, kthx

.... and home points.... and survival guides, and the AH, basically, can you make all the *** disappear for me, much love.

-THE- single most obnoxious thing is being afk near an NPC, other ***may come close but that's the worst.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2021-02-22 21:27:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
add Gorpa-Masorpa, kthx
.... and home points.... and survival guides, and the AH

Eventually I might expand it with Oseem, Gorpa, and a few others, but it needs a few tweaks for that and I want to add a whitelist for party members first. You might be able to adapt it yourself tho, it's not a particularly complicated addon. Besides, didn't Tako (and others) already had the option to make everybody else disappear?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-22 21:32:00
Link | Citer | R

It has it, but I don't want my own party to disappear, that'd be odd.

Can't give myself stuff, but I digress, that's an easy enough solution. Easy to turn off and on.
By Aricomfy 2021-02-22 21:48:37
Link | Citer | R

You know how all other NPC's and PC's disappear when you interact with RoE NPC's like Rolandienne? Yeah, make that into a universal NPC interaction addon. Would make Oseem, Gorpa, Odoro and Escha NPC's so much better to navigate.

Would also make it easier on multi-boxers with the reduced lag.
VIP
By Lili 2021-02-23 08:09:02
Link | Citer | R

Aricomfy said: »
You know how all other NPC's and PC's disappear when you interact with RoE NPC's like Rolandienne? Yeah, make that into a universal NPC interaction addon. Would make Oseem, Gorpa, Odoro and Escha NPC's so much better to navigate.

Would also make it easier on multi-boxers with the reduced lag.

You sure? Most multiboxers use addons to interact with NPCs anyway, and those skip menus entirely.

Anyway, the addon currently works by waiting for player updates to naturally come, disappearing everybody when you click on an NPC would mean manually injecting an update for each character in range, so I'm most likely really not going to do it :<
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-23 08:10:59
Link | Citer | R

What you have is the better (best?) anyway. It just needs more npcs added.

Any npc that people insist on crowding around, 10 yalm no spawn bubble is absolutely incredible. It's just 6 or 7 that're insanely obnoxious, so much so, that the HP takes longer to spawn because of it. East Adoulin, North Sandoria, Mhaura, Gorpa, Oseem, Odyssey and 1 or 2 AH windows.

Edit instead of bump: I don't know if it would help with DI or not, but sure, that's mildly annoying too for the 2 minutes per day you see it. I don't think this method would work though, the players spawn before the dragon, so idk though.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-02-23 08:18:57
Link | Citer | R

An addon that stopped anyone outside of your own party loading would be great for DI and even alts.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-02-23 08:38:27
Link | Citer | R

if you block everyone except yourself, your mules, and your party, it's almost like playing on a good server

except, you still have nonstop rmt/merc shouts, invisible botters at every single camp with any use killing your mobs, really long queues, and even more instance instability
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-02-23 08:45:25
Link | Citer | R

Well the point is to have the option, however mainly it's great for alts to lessen any needlesslag.
By Aricomfy 2021-02-23 08:52:05
Link | Citer | R

Lili said: »
You sure? Most multiboxers use addons to interact with NPCs anyway, and those skip menus entirely.

Anyway, the addon currently works by waiting for player updates to naturally come, disappearing everybody when you click on an NPC would mean manually injecting an update for each character in range, so I'm most likely really not going to do it :<

Eh, was just tossing an idea out there that came to mind. Your current idea is objectively the better option in every way anyways. I'm all about getting rid of the 30+ afk people squatting beside every single relevant NPC in the game. Would add about 5 years to my lifespan.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-02-26 00:30:50
Link | Citer | R

I almost didn't see this post. Bumping just because I think it's the bee's knees.
By Kilogram 2021-02-26 09:43:36
Link | Citer | R

Lili said: »
add Gorpa-Masorpa, kthx
.... and home points.... and survival guides, and the AH

Eventually I might expand it with Oseem, Gorpa, and a few others, but it needs a few tweaks for that and I want to add a whitelist for party members first. You might be able to adapt it yourself tho, it's not a particularly complicated addon. Besides, didn't Tako (and others) already had the option to make everybody else disappear?

something like this would be perfect, Tako allows you to invis people but i dont think you can whitelist people, and also you have to be running tako to use it. If you could make it so pt is whitelisted, and it hides pc around the homepoints etc that would be amazing

or maybe just oboro, oseem, and ambu npc. that would still be a ton of help
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-02-26 10:06:17
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Bismarck.Danz
Serveur: Bismarck
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2021-02-26 10:10:55
Link | Citer | R

F8 is your friend.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-26 10:14:26
Link | Citer | R

There's no f8 on a controller last time I looked

You expect me to lean forward and actually touch the keyboard? You expect to much sir.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-02-26 10:15:54
Link | Citer | R

Just a fair generic warning: Oboro hasn't been on Asura for a few days so higher population servers may want to keep an eye out in case he pulled a server-swap during the cheap server-jump campaign to maybe catch a few people slippin' on another server. Unlikely, but with shady people like this, you can't go by the rule book.

This person was just an Asura problem, right? There were no copy-cats or he didn't have the same thing set up across every server?
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-02-26 10:24:55
Link | Citer | R

wasnt on fenrir.
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2021-02-26 10:38:44
Link | Citer | R

controller

gross
[+]
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2021-02-26 10:57:22
Link | Citer | R

Please add Oseem. It's annoying the amount of people that sit there and idle around him all day when it doesn't take any more than 30 seconds to get your DM augments and get out.
[+]
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2021-02-26 11:13:32
Link | Citer | R

Rename it to something that conveys "clearing out everyone around you"
StinkBomb
wait
wait
BodyOdoro
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-02-26 11:36:25
Link | Citer | R

CuckOff.lua
[+]
By Aricomfy 2021-02-26 12:07:19
Link | Citer | R

MaxRepell
ForeverAlone
BadBreath
LagMeNot
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2021-02-26 12:12:27
Link | Citer | R

I'm just gonna name mine GTFO.lua
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2021-02-26 17:02:59
Link | Citer | R

Aricomfy said: »
BadBreath
This has my vote
 Asura.Vafruvant
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2021-02-27 13:46:21
Link | Citer | R

How would one go about getting the info for Gorpa and others? x/y/z/r... I know zone is in /res/
By Gambits 2021-02-28 02:32:11
Link | Citer | R

There's no f8 on a controller last time I looked

You expect me to lean forward and actually touch the keyboard? You expect to much sir.
You can use DS4Windows to set any keyboard key to controller.
[+]
By LightningHelix 2021-02-28 07:36:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vafruvant said: »
How would one go about getting the info for Gorpa and others? x/y/z/r... I know zone is in /res/
x/y/z you can get from Infobar, load it and then target yourself and it'll give you the exact coordinates you're standing at

(it isn't perfect, because you'll be a tiny bit off of gorpa's coords, but it's more than good enough)
First Page 2