Converting Points To Gil, Similar To Sparks

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Converting points to gil, similar to sparks
Converting points to gil, similar to sparks
First Page 2 3
By Novanero 2021-02-02 22:32:54
Link | Citer | R

What other points can be converted to gil? I am familiar with trading sparks for gear to sell to npc's and likewise with Unity Accolades but what other points and currencies can be spent to make gil?
By eliroo 2021-02-02 22:39:11
Link | Citer | R

Time.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2021-02-02 22:49:51
Link | Citer | R

Plasm, hallmarks, and gallantry.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-02 22:52:59
Link | Citer | R

There's no juice worth the squeeze.

CP converts at best 1:1 (which honestly wouldn't be too bad if there were 120+ conquest mobs)
Crour is 3:1
Imperial Standing idk anymore, it's probably just as worthless npcing the pup parts (Converts to imperial gold pieces too I suppose)
Assault points npc shitty earrings and whatnot
Allied Notes you can sell recall rings
Guild Points you can sell furniture (guild fishing point lures are expensive)
Zenny you can technically sell
Bayld converts into HP Bayld to sell
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-03 00:39:47
Link | Citer | R

Use segments to buy lustreless wings. It's only 1000 segments for one (1, singular) wing. 50 Nostos kills will net you 1000 exactly if you kill on C1, so you can make a good 10k Gil for about 17 minutes of your time. You can go once every 20 hours, so you can get roughly 10~ wings in a week solo. That's free money

On a serious note, you can convert domain points every 12 days* into wyrm ash. Or bags of Fern stones might be more cost effective (only 10 points each, so 10 free bags a day )
[+]
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2021-02-03 01:09:30
Link | Citer | R

prize powder is only 1m a week but you're likely sitting on 99k accolades anyway most of the time
By Rips 2021-02-03 01:59:43
Link | Citer | R

Everything is listed here.

If you are legit and not buying gil, then get into farming ambuscade every month.
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2021-02-03 03:00:46
Link | Citer | R

Novanero said: »
what other points and currencies can be spent to make gil?

Voidstones.
If the campaign is on and you're farming something that drops heavy metal pouches, you're looking at a ratio of about 3:1 stones to plates, based on my experience. Considering that plates sell for ~45k each on the AH right now, that means you'll be getting something like 15k gil for every voidstone you spend (minus the cost of phase displacers).

Also, Zeni (albeit indirectly). If you get efficient at farming T3 ZNM pops, there are plenty of people who would pay for their mythic upgrade items instead of doing the work themselves.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-03 11:00:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kusare said: »
you're likely sitting on 99k accolades anyway most of the time

Though a lot of UNM mats have dipped in price, you still make a lot of money using the accolades to pop NMs and sell drops. Sometimes when I am bored I do this after buying my Week's supply of Tumult Bloods.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-03 11:09:45
Link | Citer | R

It totally blows spending 6m worth of accolades to get back like 2m in PBR and 100k stack unm items + 6m worth of sparks that can't be spent.

"Ain't dat ur fault doe?" I mean sure. partially, at least. I didn't make sparks broken, just used it as broken.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-03 13:03:32
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-02-03 13:09:09
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

It still gives a player 3 easy times a week to cap their 1m in sparks though?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-03 13:19:30
Link | Citer | R

Still pretty dope for, ya know, gaining exp. every 5k is a free 1500 extra. If you do a 1-99 it's a little bit fasterer.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-03 13:19:55
Link | Citer | R

You can cap sparks or accolades on accident just playing normally during the week. It's not much of anything anymore.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-02-03 14:20:59
Link | Citer | R

you can make a good 10k Gil for about 17 minutes of your time. You can go once every 20 hours

This is under the rate of 10k rewards from fighting each Avatar daily which takes less time (even if those avatar reward cutscenes are a chore to sit through).

Though a lot of UNM mats have dipped in price, you still make a lot of money using the accolades to pop NMs and sell drops. Sometimes when I am bored I do this after buying my Week's supply of Tumult Bloods.

Shhhh!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-03 14:31:57
Link | Citer | R

It's no secret. buy low sell high;save mats, sell at right time. That has always been the name of the game. You don't make money overnight unless you merc. Gotta hustle.
 Leviathan.Andret
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-02-03 15:08:23
Link | Citer | R

There are bits that you can sell but nothing really beats selling sparks and accolades to NPC.

AH is limited and deflation is going strong at the moment. So other than Ambu points, I don't think other points are worth farming without some sort of event.

I think voidstones are pretty good with campaign imo. They give you drops plus extra gil directly. I have a mule that store the logs and turn them into lumbers - or just sell them directly. I sold a lot of ebony lumbers and other lumbers to AH or NPC them. Some of them can go for 20k a stack tp NPC.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-03 15:11:24
Link | Citer | R

It's no secret. buy low sell high;save mats, sell at right time. That has always been the name of the game. You don't make money overnight unless you merc. Gotta hustle.

Its true- it was at the start and it is now.

But there was a solid 5 year period where that wasn't true. Mindless spamming and NPC'ing was the printing press of gil vs reacting to markets/demand. And so there's a vast group of players who have only seen the AH as a place to get stuff, not a place of exchange.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-02-03 15:14:06
Link | Citer | R

At this point, I would suggest selling as much loot as possible on AH and refrain from buying things you don't really need. Deflation is going, prices are dropping, gils are getting more expensive.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-02-03 15:33:04
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Andret said: »
At this point, I would suggest selling as much loot as possible on AH and refrain from buying things you don't really need. Deflation is going, prices are dropping, gils are getting more expensive.

lets not salt that wound. Let the consumers consume!

as a producer; ill sit on stacks of medals until the markets stabilize.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2021-02-03 15:45:11
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »

It still gives a player 3 easy times a week to cap their 1m in sparks though?
Officially needs to be added to the memes thread....
 Asura.Tawhoya
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2021-02-03 15:57:19
Link | Citer | R

At least they still allow us to convert sparks and didn't take the Abyssea gear rout of making them more of a hassle to npc than they're worth.

The gains of points will always be optimized by RMT and patient players, so there isn't much in the way of good money. IMO the best way to make a quick buck with minimal effort is to do one of the following depending on the time of event calendar:

Selling ZNM
Selling Abyssea pop or item
Selling Orbs

The real money for a casual single(non-dual+box) player is Ambu as previously mentioned.
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2021-02-03 16:02:53
Link | Citer | R

What's the best cruor item to get out of curiosity. I have millions of cruor and only thing I really use it for anymore is buying brew to deal with REMA weapon trials more effectively.
 Asura.Tawhoya
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2021-02-03 16:23:32
Link | Citer | R

Before the nerf it was decent money to NPC the armor from there, but idk if you can really do anything with cruor any longer. If you figure it out, don't tell anyone except me so we can monopolize the market.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2021-02-03 17:21:15
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Avengers said: »
What's the best cruor item to get out of curiosity. I have millions of cruor and only thing I really use it for anymore is buying brew to deal with REMA weapon trials more effectively.
You should never need a brew for abysses content, even all the way through shinryu, ***is a walk in the park these days in any sort of iLVL gear. I would wager even a melee WHM with sparks gear and starter trusts can smash shin no problemo.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-02-04 01:58:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It totally blows spending 6m worth of accolades to get back like 2m in PBR and 100k stack unm items + 6m worth of sparks that can't be spent.

"Ain't dat ur fault doe?" I mean sure. partially, at least. I didn't make sparks broken, just used it as broken.

What 6M? You mean 6boxing or something? One char using 99k Acc will easily get more than 1M sellable mats.
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2021-02-04 09:02:49
Link | Citer | R

I don't brew any abyssea content, I actually don't even really do abyssea content anymore. I was just saying I used all of that excess cruor I built up years ago and just buy a brew, group of enemies, pop a brew and just spam weapon skills for kills needed.

Over kill and not needed, but speeds up some kill trails for relics and mythics.
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2021-02-04 11:49:21
Link | Citer | R

Chocobo blinkers! 1 cruor = .33g when npc’ing blinkers. My main has 90m cruor...that’s 29.7m gil!

Now, the time to gil ratio is the real issue here exacerbated by ps2 limitations on inventory. Being generous, it would take somewhere between a boat load of time to a ***load of time to do all the exchanges...is it worth it? Depends.

If you have a child that wants to earn weekend privileges...put them to work! If you don’t, then no
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-04 12:22:44
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Neojuggernautx said: »
Chocobo blinkers! 1 cruor = .33g when npc’ing blinkers. My main has 90m cruor...that’s 29.7m gil!

They nerfed this so hard, but I still wonder. How long would it take to fully dump millions of cruor into items to sell. 5 hours? 10 hours? I mean, if the currency is worthless, might as well get your cash at some point. I could do it in random offtime. clear all bags and make several trips to npc.

edit: oh 12/stack. Yikes. 320 free inventory slots filled with blinkers, 40M cruor. 2400 cruor/stack = 768000 cruor. 52 trips worth to spend all 40M
First Page 2 3