Ranged "White" DPS Calc

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Ranged "White" DPS calc
Ranged "White" DPS calc
By SimonSes 2021-01-11 08:54:18
Link | Citer | R

So I was a little too exited after last discussion in RNG thread (+drunk) and made this during last night (and finished today). I regretted this not so wise choice of time, when after a 2h nap, I needed to wake up and make breakfast and drive kid to day care xD. I hope someone would find this calc useful or interesting. Have a nice day people :)

Link to Calc

PS. I made this in separate thread, so it would be easier for me to notice if people are posting some mistakes I made in sheet or questions or whatever.
[+]
 Odin.Demhar
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-01-11 11:11:43
Link | Citer | R

Thank you for your hard work^
[+]
 Odin.Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-01-23 02:20:02
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-01-23 03:46:09
Link | Citer | R

I think you choose wrong mob in setup. If I switch to Apex Eruca I get this:

Which is close to what you did in video (22899 DS crit on start of the video is 1.5% lower and 14526 normal crit in ~18th second of the video is 2.5% lower).

Some small difference will always be possible, because of many rounding that happens in those calculations and you are Elvaan too, so you will have slightly higher fSTR2 (because of slightly higher base STR than I set in calc) on mobs where fSTR2 is uncapped. Also lvl of Apex Eruca will change damage slightly too, because their VIT varies by quite a lot even with 2lv difference.

EDIT: When I test stuff in practice (like crit damage or double shot damage) I usually get like 0.998 instead of full 10%. If you get something like that in something as complex as max crit that include (true shot%, double shot damage+ %, Dead Aim %, Crit damage%, PDL%, etc.) damage on paper will always be slightly higher and I dont think I can make it more accurate, unless I would start guessing what % stats I should lower by fractions of %. You can also just assume, that in practice numbers will be like 1-2% lower.

Edit2: Also thanks for testing!
[+]
 Odin.Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-01-23 10:56:22
Link | Citer | R

Updated image before people get confused: Excel was doing weird stuff when opened on desktop. Made a copy in cloud and it works correctly. Thanks
[+]
 Odin.Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-01-28 01:32:19
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

Just had to see it myself and have it on record. Numbers came out pretty accurate.
[+]