Tribox Volte Farming

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Tribox Volte Farming
Tribox Volte Farming
First Page 2
By Devaraja 2020-12-21 11:52:36
Link | Citer | R

Hey guys, I've been attempting some Windurst volte farming with RUN, Fomalhaut COR, and BRD. Maybe it's because I'm new to triboxing and not too good at it, but I've been timing out early and unable to clear more than a few wave 2 NMs. Can anybody share how they went about this, or tips to speed things up?

Thanks!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-12-21 12:07:12
Link | Citer | R

I know a DP Mastered COR/NIN, pocket WHM and GEO who tribox volte farm. He basically tries to 3-4 step darkness skillchains on NMs and pretty much blasts them to hell and back. He gets all of the NMs in Jeuno done pretty regularly too.

Maybe work for a DP on your COR and better LS gear for it?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-21 12:34:48
Link | Citer | R

Assuming all 3 will be meleeing:

Ground Strike > Rudra's Storm > Leaden Salute

Should be an easy Volte kill of any NMs. Tactician's roll blast everything else in the way, keep a TP battery weak monster on the tank you can drag along to speed up the blasting part.
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-12-21 13:06:52
Link | Citer | R

I've been trio Volte farming w/ COR/NIN, RUN/WHM and GEO/BLM. I dualbox the COR and GEO, RUN is a LS mate. GEO handles all crowd control and helps Stun/MB. RUN is subbed WHM for RB insurance and Cura/Curaga to counter sleepga/lullaby, and also silences casters. Rolls are Samurai/Fighter on wave 1 and Samurai/Hunter on wave 2. Bubbles are Geo-Malaise and Indi-Haste.

For trusts, we use AAEV (to soak up any Charms), Joachim and Yoran-Oran. We'll switch out AAEV for Matsui-P on bosses since he's pretty good at stunning and adding a bit of DPS from MBs.

We typically farm Wave 1 for cash until there's about 30-40mins left, mostly single-pulling statues. Fodder-killing is all Leaden one-shot or WF + WF, depending on zone/wave. We're usually able to clear about 90%+ of wave 1 in that time (we skip over all red statues).

For wave 1 boss, we use Leaden > AE > Leaden > WF SC, with Tenebrae Gambit and MBs from the GEO and Swipe/Lunge. BOG your bubble and entrust vex or wilt to counter Seismostomp spam. Full Malignance is handy, too. Each SC takes off about 40-50% of the boss's health.

Wave 2 we'll pull the first statue, keep a fodder as TP battery, then go about clearing a path to all the red statues while maxing out time extensions, one-shotting w/ Leaden.

Then we'll go back and start farming the Wave 2 red eye bosses for Volte, using the same SC that we used before. We're typically able to kill most, if not all, the bosses before time's up.

If you're only in it for the Volte, you can just beeline right to Wave 1 boss after maximizing TE in Wave 1, but we're farming cash too, so we spend a lot of time killing fodder and hunting down Aurix.

Speaking of Aurix, with our setup we're able to kill him in one pop if we get some luck (avoiding Frypan stun mostly). Same SC as before.

Having both DP and Arma help massively to maximize time efficiency. GEO is also much more useful than BRD.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-12-21 13:57:42
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Arislan said: »
If you're only in it for the Volte, you can just beeline right to Wave 1 boss after maximizing TE in Wave 1,

Killing wave 1 boss automatically maximize your TE from wave 1.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Devaraja 2020-12-21 16:30:27
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the advice everyone. Going to try some of this out. Unfortunately I'm borrowing a friends COR for this, so DP would be quite a commitment.

Odin.Sudra said: »
I use cor/geo/brd. Brd can open with mordant rime or rudra’s for darkness close with Leaden. Use august yoran and cherukiki. Give them ballads and marches first. Give august enmity plus. Give cor enmity minus and whatever else you want for fourth song. I switch between AGi etude and madrigal, depending on zone.

I run around wave 1 and just kill statues while finding Aurix. Then wave 2 I kill all NMs and Aurix with 5-10min left.

Do you have issues with doom with this setup?

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By ksoze 2020-12-22 04:23:24
Link | Citer | R

just curious what you guys are aiming for in volte gear?
at quick glance the gear doesn't look that good.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-22 04:33:33
Link | Citer | R

Devaraja said: »
Windurst volte farming

Look closer. Set is amazing. The best magic evasion/hybrid set in the game for the jobs listed bar none.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Volte_Armor_Set
[+]
By ksoze 2020-12-22 06:47:12
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Devaraja said: »
Windurst volte farming

Look closer. Set is amazing. The best magic evasion/hybrid set in the game for the jobs listed bar none.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Volte_Armor_Set

missed the windurst ref and the evasion part looks good indeed
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2020-12-22 07:20:49
Link | Citer | R

I did it a few times in Windy as PUP, COR, BRD. PUP pulls with complete safety, BRD and COR melee and SC together closing with Leaden Salute. I make it around the tower and a couple of red eyes on the right side path after the W1 boss. Doom sucks for the puppet, so I'm sure RUN would be as good if not better for Windurst.

The biggest issue just seems to be lack of TH for me though.

Post deleted by User.
By ksoze 2020-12-22 07:38:10
Link | Citer | R

ksoze said: »

so looking at the sets, is the windy volte only good?
By SimonSes 2020-12-22 07:52:46
Link | Citer | R

so looking at the sets, is the windy volte is only good?

Jeuno is also good for meva for jobs like DRG (it also has resist all +10%, which is nice). Its also kinda unique that it has +23 all stats on each piece and usually some attributes are hard to find on some slots (dex on legs for example). For that reason for example Volte feet from Jeuno is interesting for Entropy on DRK. There is probably more of example like this. Few Bastok pieces are very good for brd TP set and for some niche subtle blow sets on other jobs too (like legs and hands for DRK for example). Body is also nice for Liberator TP set for example. Cant really say much about Sandoria set.
[+]
 Shiva.Applesmash
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Applesmash 2020-12-22 07:53:21
Link | Citer | R

3/5 of Bastok Volte is very good for Carn BRD AM3 sets, body can also be a placeholder for Ashera Harness.

Jeuno can replace those pesky DM TH+ rolls you never get, I use 3 pieces + Chaac belt to get my fill.

Sandy has a pretty good mix of Refresh + high MEVA for a decent idle set.

Everything's situational obviously, while Windurst Volte is usually the only decent pieces with high Magic evasion for those jobs besides Sacro Breastplate and those gloves from Unity.
By HyperKTM 2020-12-22 10:51:39
Link | Citer | R

Have done volte farming in all zones starting last year in May and it seems the reds and the w2 boss drop volte more frequently without TH anyone else have the same experience?
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-12-22 12:57:07
Link | Citer | R

HyperKTM said: »
Have done volte farming in all zones starting last year in May and it seems the reds and the w2 boss drop volte more frequently without TH anyone else have the same experience?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-12-22 13:11:18
Link | Citer | R

I mean I've been saying the same about Omen bosses for ages regarding bodies. *wraps head in tinfoil to protect myself from the Moogle wrath*
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-12-22 14:15:26
Link | Citer | R

Our last 3 Windurst runs, we went 2/3 on Volte Haubert, so it looks like it's ~66% drop rate.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-12-22 15:03:31
Link | Citer | R

lololol 66% drop rate, suuuure :-P
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ramsy
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2020-12-23 01:41:42
Link | Citer | R

I haven't kept track for dyna sadly, but we've seen more volte drops just with someone just using th4 than when we actually bring a thf.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-12-23 01:51:29
Link | Citer | R

There is a thread talking about Volte drop rates.
From the data posted there it seems pretty confirmed that at least Volte bodies are unaffected by TH.

It's not confirmed yet but pretty likely that the same applies to the other 4 volte slots.

This means TH still has a relevance on the quantity of mats you get (cards, heroism), on the Shards/Voids and on Medals from Aurix and Wave 1/2 bosses (there's at least 1, maybe 2 slots that open up with TH)
Oh and of course also on Wave3 fomors. The quantity of Astral Detritus dropped is clearly affected by TH.

Volte though? Nope, it seems.
By Felgarr 2020-12-23 06:42:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
From the data posted there it seems pretty confirmed that at least Volte bodies are unaffected by TH.

It's not confirmed yet but pretty likely that the same applies to the other 4 volte slots.

This means TH still has a relevance on the quantity of mats you get (cards, heroism), on the Shards/Voids and on Medals from Aurix and Wave 1/2 bosses (there's at least 1, maybe 2 slots that open up with TH)
Oh and of course also on Wave3 fomors. The quantity of Astral Detritus dropped is clearly affected by TH.

No man. We cannot conclude that volte bodies are unaffected by TH because it can appear in any drop/treasure slot (except for Offering).

The same is true for other volte pieces. Excluding drop slots with a dedicated non-volte item, we can not discount or observe otherwise that TH made a volte item appear, so we have to conclude inversely that TH can affect the volte drop rate.
By SimonSes 2020-12-23 06:54:56
Link | Citer | R

Felgarr said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »

No man. We cannot conclude that volte bodies are unaffected by TH because it can appear in any drop/treasure slot (except for Offering).

The same is true for other volte pieces. Excluding drop slots with a dedicated non-volte item, we can not discount or observe otherwise that TH made a volte item appear, so we have to conclude inversely that TH can affect the volte drop rate.

What he meant (I spoke with him on PM) is that we cant be sure that volte sharing the slot spot with something is really a fixed % split. He means that TH can affect this % split, not only affect adding another slots to pool. You can counter this with tons of data from Defending ring/Pixie earring suggesting TH cant affect this split, but then you could counter that with theory that volte sharing a spot with currency/medal might not be the same fixed mechanic as defending ring and pixie earring.
Ultimately with both those arguments, the only true solution would be a massive sample size, with and without TH and none probably has that. So you can either believe TH can affect % split in shared slot or not and go with your believes.
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-12-23 09:09:15
Link | Citer | R

I'm inclined to think Fel's own sample size is pretty solid evidence against TH actually helping. 30 kills with TH9-13, leaning toward the higher end because he actually prioritized TH, to get a drop.

I think we can say with a high degree of accuracy that Volte Haubert does not fall into the 'uncommon' category based on his data. TH9 would give a 24% droprate, the chance of going 0/29 on a 24% drop is 0.034%. With TH14 giving 32.5% droprate, that reduces to 0.0011%.

I do not believe it falls into the 'Very Rare' category either, having personally seen 4 bodies(2 windy, 2 jeuno) drop without TH in less than 30 runs. This is not quite as solid as I don't have finite numbers, but the chance of a 1% drop occuring 4 or more times in less than 30 samples is roughly 0.02%.

Thus, if we want to assume Volte bodies are a slot effected by TH, with some other mechanic in place(if no body drops, add additional currency, or whatever), they are pretty clearly in the 'Rare' category with a 5% droprate that scales up to 20%. Even in this case, his sample size is decent evidence against(chance of going 0/29 on a 11.5% drop at TH9 is only 2.89%. at TH14, that becomes 0.15). With no TH, this 5% rate gives my experience a 6% probability.

Compare this to a 5% flat rate, which places my experience at 6% and his at 21.42%. A 10% flat rate places my experience at 35% and his at 4.3%. While I have personally advised stacking TH for volte, under the impression that it was effected by TH, the shared slot combined with the droprates experienced by himself under high TH and myself under no TH, make it seem pretty clear to me that it does not actually help.

Keep in mind that small data sources, however unlikely, can still be anomalies. But, in this case, the strength of the statistics means that provided you trust the data samples you can be pretty confident in the conclusions drawn here. For TH to effect these droprates, both of our experiences would have to be <5% anomalies. If TH does not effect them, a droprate between 5 and 10% accounts for both experiences with much less anomaly.
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2020-12-23 10:25:35
Link | Citer | R

RUN, COR, BRD is the best dyna trio from my experience. I regularly farm windy and jeuno rotation, clearing all of wave 2, wave 2 boss then an hour or so farming of wave 3.

RUN/DRK, for poisonga hate/tag (th4 in poisonga set). COR/DNC for steps, haste samba and SC bonus trait, BRD/WHM.

Wave 2 NMs: Dimidation > Ground strike > Leaden > Wildfire. With R15 DP these go down very quickly. I run with sam/allies' roll for nms.

Wave 2 boss: SV songs, cor switches to naegling/tp bonus gun, RUN can full break at start with threnody and shot to help land effects. Windy boss have brd finale spam.

Wave 3: Cor switches to Armageddon. GS > WF > WF or can dimi/GS > GS > WF > WF.

Note that all 3 characters are pretty much best in slot gear, but it isnt needed for volte farming.

We have done pretty well like this anyway - Good luck!

[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2