Seperate Ini.txt Per Profile

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Windower » General » Seperate ini.txt per profile
Seperate ini.txt per profile
By DaneBlood 2020-12-14 11:32:27
Link | Citer | R

is there a way to set windower to load a different ini.txt depending on the profile?

it really bugs me that I cant have different settings for different profiles as all of the profiles loads the same ini.txt

Especially since the profiles runs with different resolution some coordinates needs to be different
 Bismarck.Xurion
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-12-14 14:13:31
Link | Citer | R

Addons should have their own settings that are saved on a per character basis.
By Jetackuu 2020-12-14 14:30:14
Link | Citer | R

Use the plugin manager, keep multiple copies of the addons that need to have different settings/character that won't let you set.

Other than that, multiple windower copies.
[+]
 Asura.Arico
Serveur: Asura
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-12-14 17:27:38
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Xurion said: »
Addons should
[+]
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Serveur: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2020-12-14 19:54:29
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
Use the plugin manager, keep multiple copies of the addons that need to have different settings/character that won't let you set.

Other than that, multiple windower copies.

The plugin manager does not control difference in ini.txt
it creates separate autoload.txt but they all load the same ini.txt

Since autoload.txt are regenerated at login i cant make changes to them to call a difference ini.txt

Diffeent Windowers would solve this but would work against my setup With centralized scripts folders across all computers.

Bismarck.Xurion said: »
Addons should have their own settings that are saved on a per character basis.

I dont need a per character settings but a per profile

besides how addson handle their setting still does not cover the ini.,txt settings

Examples
I am on computer A i run my main in 1920x1200 and my mules in 1024x768

Im on my tv. main is running in 1600x900 with gui set to 1.5
adjustmants of the fps counter and do no longer match

scripts addon and plugins folder is all symlinked to the server soo i dont have to update gearswap or scripts across all computers when i make changes

However because different profiles refuses to have different ini.txt I am unable to have proper different profiles with takes the a gui scale into consideration

I appreciate all the effort but none of the above I Believe solves the issue
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Serveur: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2020-12-14 20:00:57
Link | Citer | R

and holly moses I logged in on my old account by habbit
By Aricomfy 2020-12-15 02:51:47
Link | Citer | R

Just download and install another Windower 4. Have two (or more if needed) installations of Windower that each have their own specific parameters per each character AND per each display you're using.

If you're using your monitor, use the monitor windower 4 launcher. If you're using a TV, use the TV windower 4 launcher. I use 6 separate windower instances when I play. It's not as annoying to update any changes across all of them as you might think it'd be. Across multiple computers is the problem though. I just use one PC for all 6 instances of separate windower installations, so I can see how updating across other PC's would be a deal breaker.
By DaneBlood 2020-12-15 22:39:20
Link | Citer | R

Aricomfy said: »
Just download and install another Windower 4. Have two (or more if needed) installations of Windower that each have their own specific parameters per each character AND per each display you're using.

If you're using your monitor, use the monitor windower 4 launcher. If you're using a TV, use the TV windower 4 launcher. I use 6 separate windower instances when I play. It's not as annoying to update any changes across all of them as you might think it'd be. Across multiple computers is the problem though. I just use one PC for all 6 instances of separate windower installations, so I can see how updating across other PC's would be a deal breaker.

Its multiple PC'swith the current setup i can fix stuff in gearswap or adjust a script form my computer without having to get up to another computer to fix it when we play. it makes it alot easire having it all centrally controlled
By selklakshmi 2020-12-18 17:58:03
Link | Citer | R

I was actually interested in something like this too since I also share my XI toys to all my machines through a network share. Just not enough to do something about it. This post gave me the incentive to spend the few mins to come up with a solution.

Because init actually executes prior to logging in we have to move the init routine to post-login. We do this simply using an addon.

1. Create addon/init/init.lua
2. Rename init.txt to init_default.txt
3. Create init.txt with the only line: lua load init (and any other lines you wish to share with other characters / load prior to logging in)
4. Create init_playername.txt (lowercase) files to override the init for those players.
5. ???
6. PROFIT

init.lua:
Quote:
_addon.name = 'init'
_addon.author = 'selk'
_addon.version = '0.1'

files = require 'files'

default = 'init_default'

windower.register_event('login',function (name)
char = 'init_%s':format(name:lower())

if files.exists('..\\..\\scripts\\%s.txt':format(char)) then
default = char
end

windower.send_command('exec %s':format(default))
windower.send_command('lua unload init')
end)

I know it doesn't do it by windower profile but this helps me and I hope it helps you. Happy Holidays!!
[+]
By DaneBlood 2020-12-25 23:28:20
Link | Citer | R

Thank you for the effort

But it seems to me again this is based on characters or am i missing something?

my issue is not based on character but on the profile

The same character needs different setup depending on which computer it is on. not different setup depending on the character
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2020-12-30 14:22:15
Link | Citer | R

You can use
Code
char = 'init_%s':format(os.getenv('COMPUTERNAME'))

instead of
Code
char = 'init_%s':format(name:lower())

then it becomes PC specific... assuming your computers have different names
[+]
By DaneBlood 2020-12-30 14:23:39
Link | Citer | R

Thank you that will work perfect I think.