Hold your horses undercutters
First Page 2
 Asura.Karppa
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2020-11-27 08:43:43
Link | Citer | R

Plz dont sell HMP stacks under 6m after event prices goes back... feel like didnt dress for nothing..so boring,,
 Leviathan.Andret
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2020-11-27 08:49:02
Link | Citer | R

If you buy them at high prices then I am sure we can come to an agreement.
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2020-11-27 09:04:21
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Andret said: »
If you buy them at high prices then I am sure we can come to an agreement.

No dude u did misunderstood me.. I have 10 stacks for sell..and prices I think we can work some out.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-11-27 10:16:08
Link | Citer | R

endxen said: »
Only things that didn't get completely ruined was hq cursed items

Some got obliterated on Bismarck. I tanked one item because I just stopped caring really. I kept getting undercut and just said *** it. Hell, I even sold an HQ piece for 30m a couple weeks ago only to see someone selling for well under half of that. There's barely any money in HQ abjurations here anymore.
[+]
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2020-11-27 10:19:48
Link | Citer | R

Delve mats used to be such a great steady stream of Gil but not only did the sparks evisceration ruin those, rmt multi boxers got into the fray and have wrecked the market. Even before sparks inflation, mats would easily sell for 700k each. Now it’s 250-300k. Oh well
[+]
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2020-11-27 10:28:45
Link | Citer | R

brb, transferring to the hell server so I can undercut further

[+]
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2020-11-27 10:38:39
Link | Citer | R

Please do. Have 3 empyreans close to or on the HMP stage
By Felgarr 2020-11-27 10:52:21
Link | Citer | R

Because of the sparks->Gil nerf and no new sources of Gil, a server's economy has a nearly finite amount of gil to work with, in terms of buying and selling amongst each other. This leads to deflation where prices drop, but the value of gil goes up and our purchasing power goes down. What we can buy with a million gil may increase, but that gil will be harder to come by.

(Yes, we do have NPC sources of gil like troves' 5M and killing mobs or NPCables, but that's not enough to curb deflation, especially since there's little to do in game right now).
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2020-11-27 11:02:07
Link | Citer | R

Back then i geared all my 6 mains with Carmine Cuisses +1 for 12M each leg and at that time, i thought it was quite cheap. So total spent 72M.

Last week i saw people selling the voodoo cuisses for 3M, then i decided to gear my second line 1$ chars for the price of one and half back then (18M), and that i thought was cheap already.
By Pantafernando 2020-11-27 11:04:18
Link | Citer | R

The day voodoo cuisses drops to 1.5M, all my 1$ mules gonna have a pair lol.

Such amazing piece.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2020-11-27 11:16:05
Link | Citer | R

Here are some examples of what prices were last summer versus now.
I’ll list best summer price first and current in parentheses.

Beitetsu stack: 2.0m (700k)
Riftborn stack: 1.6m (300k)
Alexandrite: 900k (450k)
Heavy Metal: 8-9m (6m)
HP Bayld: 1.3m (600k)

Those are rough figures but illustrates my point. Fel is right, HMP have held their value the best.
[+]
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2020-11-27 11:16:49
Link | Citer | R

Some merc figures were outrageous too. People were selling Epona rings for 25m lol
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Serveur: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-11-27 12:13:49
Link | Citer | R

Just need those shield crafts to drop to reflect the price drop in everything else and this would be fine, honestly. Right now, they're dropping a lot slower than the rest of the goods so they're relatively more expensive than they used to be.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-11-27 12:20:04
Link | Citer | R

*Patiently waits for Beitetsu prices to tank further*
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-11-27 12:35:45
Link | Citer | R

*looks at 10 remaining signed stikini +1*

If you ever want to know about price drops coming, Just wait till I make a bunch of something because I'm bored and then it's a guarantee that someone else is going to self-undercut the price into oblivion.

Hurry up and release Mog wardrobe 5 and 6 so I have another reason to care about gil again
By Mrxi 2020-11-27 14:33:43
Link | Citer | R

Someone should whistle blow hq craft exploit 2.0 more then it has been. I can not compete at all even farming most the mats.
By Chimerawizard 2020-11-27 14:55:56
Link | Citer | R

Mrxi said: »
Someone should whistle blow hq craft exploit 2.0 more then it has been. I can not compete at all even farming most the mats.
is there a new craft exploit or just talking about a few RMT who stockpiled a bunch of SU5's in wardrobes?

I do notice some items seem to drop to less than profitable margins occasionally but that usually doesn't last long.
Felgarr said: »
Because of the sparks->Gil nerf and no new sources of Gil, a server's economy has a nearly finite amount of gil to work with, in terms of buying and selling amongst each other. This leads to deflation where prices drop, but the value of gil goes up and our purchasing power goes down. What we can buy with a million gil may increase, but that gil will be harder to come by.

(Yes, we do have NPC sources of gil like troves' 5M and killing mobs or NPCables, but that's not enough to curb deflation, especially since there's little to do in game right now).
Trove + NPC-ables does not even come close to the gil loss from the 1,126,125gil crafting materials used to make wyrm ash accessories, JSE necks, and SU3~5's.
SE turned opened the gil faucet years ago, then later saw the massive inflation and unplugged the drain. The drain couldn't even keep up with inflation before, but now they've shut the faucet and left the drain open. It's only a question of when will they plug up the drain or re-open the faucet now.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-27 15:04:35
Link | Citer | R

My tinfoil hat states than people still have trillions of hacked items on accounts. Far as I'm concerned, they made enough that they never won't.

24/7 months of zero loss, unlimited free crafting could result in a never touched 16 mule account holding 16000 hacked crafted items. Takes a long time even when people are buying 10 a day to burn 16000.

Do we have proof someone did it? No, but we know for a fact that it's possible as they didn't roll anything back nor ban any buyers. So you have to assume it is what it is.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2020-11-27 15:53:19
Link | Citer | R

They nerfed the sparks and the teleport thing. It's a lot more expensive and time consuming to make a ton of bots to farm gil. They all moved to JP farming now.

Deflation is going strong. Prices are going to keep tanking as more people make stuff.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-11-27 16:11:34
Link | Citer | R

Chimerawizard said: »
Mrxi said: »
is there a new craft exploit or just talking about a few RMT who stockpiled a bunch of SU5's in wardrobes?

I do notice some items seem to drop to less than profitable margins occasionally but that usually doesn't last long.
Felgarr said: »

Trove + NPC-ables does not even come close to the gil loss from the 1,126,125gil crafting materials used to make wyrm ash accessories, JSE necks, and SU3~5's.
SE turned opened the gil faucet years ago, then later saw the massive inflation and unplugged the drain. The drain couldn't even keep up with inflation before, but now they've shut the faucet and left the drain open. It's only a question of when will they plug up the drain or re-open the faucet now.

Yup, agreed. You elaborated on my point in a bit more detail. I've never seen anything like this in FFXI history (or any other game AFAIK). I hope they re-open a faucet, rather than close a drain. (Because cheaper gil sinks, like reduce AF1+3 mats from 1.1M to 100k still isn't going to curb deflation, so we kind of have to hope for a new gil faucet).

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2020-11-27 17:14:08
Link | Citer | R

Oh show me the way nearest whisky bar >>Jim Morrison will get back to you when (I'm sober. thx <3 all.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-11-27 18:38:20
Link | Citer | R

I haven't seen any evidence of a crafting hack, but frankly no one with a shield needs it... You'll make more gil than you need either way for anything you need to buy in-game for any of your characters.

The only things I see are people with massively similar names selling su5/etc from 5 or 6 different crafts on basically a schedule on every two weeks or something. To me it either looks like giant saved up stockpiles or server transfer sales
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-11-27 19:09:23
Link | Citer | R

there will be a thread every month complaining about crafting exploits until this game dies.

anyone remember that guy in 2007-8 who photoshopped his dusk glove+1 synths on BG that was always called an exploiter?
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-11-27 21:53:53
Link | Citer | R

On the plus side, it's almost Christmas and people are always buying gil every year around this time (more than normal) with their excess money from gifts, returns, giftcards, and such. That will cause prices on items to increase a bit, if only temporarily. Buy low now. Sell high later. Or don't. I don't pay your sub.
First Page 2