Evasion tanking wave2 bosses
First Page 2
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-11-03 08:31:57
Link | Citer | R

Good Morning all!

I'm looking for information on folks that have attempted to low man wave 2 bosses with THF as the only engaged player. Any info is appreciated.

My thoughts are can they be evasion tanked?

THF COR BRD RDM WHM GEO would be my setup.

Thank you in advance!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-11-03 08:49:05
Link | Citer | R

I don't even think the THF can hold hate honestly. Unless the COR and BRD does absolutely nothing after the initial pull that is.

Even then, that's stretching it with the WHM and RDM.

Just my honest opinion.
By apollocry 2020-11-03 08:56:58
Link | Citer | R

As mentioned I think the THF would have issues with holding hate. You've got a ton of support there, swap the RDM for a RUN or PLD and have the COR and BRD DD.
By Taint 2020-11-03 08:59:11
Link | Citer | R

He mentioned the THF being the only engaged player. Hate should be fine.

It looks like he's going to 6box the boss and wants max TH.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-11-03 09:06:45
Link | Citer | R

Taint said: »

It looks like he's going to 6box the boss and wants max TH.

This is exactly correct.

THF would be the only engaged player. Cor would be just for rolls. and non boss kills.

I saw a RDM solo wave2 bosses so i'm wondering if THF could with the support I listed. Also perhaps /nin for shadows?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-11-03 09:06:55
Link | Citer | R

Well, you don't need COR to be engaged to shoot/WS, especially if he is botting them.

Nor the BRD to be engaged to sing.

I still think that WHM and RDM both will pull hate away from the THF the longer the fight goes on.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-11-03 09:08:50
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Well, you don't need COR to be engaged to shoot/WS, especially if he is botting them.

Nor the BRD to be engaged to sing.

I still think that WHM and RDM both will pull hate away from the THF the longer the fight goes on.

COR would be idle. No shoot.

COR/BRD/RDM are just for buffs and debuffs.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-11-03 09:13:13
Link | Citer | R

Well, I hope it goes well for you, let us know if you achieve it.

I'm not saying don't do it, I'm just saying that hate may be an issue.

Please, prove me wrong. I don't mind.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-11-03 09:17:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Well, I hope it goes well for you, let us know if you achieve it.

I'm not saying don't do it, I'm just saying that hate may be an issue.

Please, prove me wrong. I don't mind.

Thanks!

It's more of a goal at this point. Trying harder things is the only interest in the game atm. It would be neat to see THF be able to evasion tank with the right songs/rolls and debuffs.

Might take a bunch of runs to get the strategy, but I don't farm dynamis at all, so why not try lol
By Felgarr 2020-11-03 09:22:46
Link | Citer | R

I've done what you've done with the same exact setup, in Windurst, except for MNK/NIN instead of THF/NIN. (MNK has a solo 3 step with Shijin -> Dragon Kick -> Victory smite that helps). I'm not sure what SC you'd do with THF though. Still sounds cool. Best of luck.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-11-03 09:24:13
Link | Citer | R

Felgarr said: »
I've done what you've done with the same exact setup, in Windurst, except for MNK/NIN instead of THF/NIN. (MNK has a solo 3 step with Shijin -> Dragon Kick -> Victory smite that helps). I'm not sure what SC you'd do with THF though. Still sounds cool. Best of luck.

Stole these from the awesome DNC guide.

1-Evisceration ⇨ Shark Bite (Fragmentation) ⇨ Rudra's Storm (Distortion) ⇨ Evisceration (Darkness) ⇨ Rudra's Storm (Darkness [lvl.4])

2-Evisceration ⇨ Dancing Edge (Distortion) ⇨ Evisceration (Darkness) ⇨ Rudra's Storm (Darkness [lvl.4])

3-Evisceration ⇨ Rudra's Storm (Darkness) ⇨ Rudra's Storm (Darkness [lvl.4])

I have r15 vajra too. So perhaps light..

Dancing Edge > Mandalic Stab (M) > Shark Bite > Mandalic Stab (M)
 Ragnarok.Lowen
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2020-11-03 09:59:44
Link | Citer | R

Felgarr said: »

Doesn't Shijin Smite Smite work better?
By Heck 2020-11-03 10:07:33
Link | Citer | R

Try getting Yngvi Earring for your WHM, it should help a lot with hate control specially since your trying THF evasion tanking.

Edit: It's from Zurim, 1k DI points. Just use it for WHM idle

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-11-03 10:23:31
Link | Citer | R

Don't need to evasion tank them, easy to manage shadows if you have sufficient SB and slow/elegy/para up. I've done all 4 with MNK/NIN BRD/WHM RDM/WHM COR. Throw up all the debuffs, wear a 50% PDT, high m.eva, capped SB set. COR doesn't do anything besides rolls and light shots on boss. Bind for thousand fists. You probably don't need the COR to beat the w2 boss itself, but it sure makes getting there easier.

If you really wanted the THF to be sole melee, maybe mainhand a path B gandring and cap your SB. Don't see why it wouldn't be possible, but MNK's extra HP and penance do a lot to give you leeway. With 6 chars, you could just have the THF single wield something to proc TH at high hp, then leave the MNK alone once it's capped.

Ragnarok.Lowen said: »
Cumulative ws resistance would gimp smite damage pretty badly if 2/3 of your ws were smite.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-11-03 10:36:57
Link | Citer | R

Also, assuming you plan to just blast through the statues with COR and go straight to w2 boss, I'd ditch the WHM for a SMN with 22 second mew. Can probably go the whole fight with no TP, which would make it absolutely trivial.

Just plain not hard with 6, tons of options there.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-11-03 10:41:55
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Don't need to evasion tank them, easy to manage shadows if you have sufficient SB and slow/elegy/para up. I've done all 4 with MNK/NIN BRD/WHM RDM/WHM COR. Throw up all the debuffs, wear a 50% PDT, high m.eva, capped SB set. COR doesn't do anything besides rolls and light shots on boss. Bind for thousand fists. You probably don't need the COR to beat the w2 boss itself, but it sure makes getting there easier.

If you really wanted the THF to be sole melee, maybe mainhand a path B gandring and cap your SB. Don't see why it wouldn't be possible, but MNK's extra HP and penance do a lot to give you leeway. With 6 chars, you could just have the THF single wield something to proc TH at high hp.

Cumulative ws resistance would gimp smite damage pretty badly if 2/3 of your ws were smite.

Yea I planned whm for auspice and sb3 gives me 50sb1. Path B would cap me, but I also have r15 REM to play with as well.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-11-03 10:44:36
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
but I also have r15 REM to play with as well.

I mean, this sounds like you plan to use r15 REM. You might still win, but there's absolutely no argument for it being the choice. Going from 50 to 75 SB cuts your tp feed in half, which gives you twice as long to recover from each move. Whatever minimal/irrelevant damage your REM would grant you is not going to do anything near that in value. If you also have SMN or /SMN mewing, those benefits multiply.

If cost is a concern, THF is on sherida, so you can cap with a plunderer's knife too.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-11-03 10:55:04
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
but I also have r15 REM to play with as well.

I mean, this sounds like you plan to use r15 REM. You might still win, but there's absolutely no argument for it being the choice. Going from 50 to 75 SB cuts your tp feed in half, which gives you twice as long to recover from each move. Whatever minimal/irrelevant damage your REM would grant you is not going to do anything near that in value. If you also have SMN or /SMN mewing, those benefits multiply.

If cost is a concern, THF is on sherida, so you can cap with a plunderer's knife too.

I certainly can use gandring. I have smithing shield so i've made all 3 of those for myself too.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-11-03 10:57:44
Link | Citer | R

then use path b and get 75 SB and see how easy it is
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-11-03 12:09:28
Link | Citer | R

Is this set unreasonable? Haven't scienced anything previously.

I'll have access to the usual rema buffs from cor/rdm/brd/geo

overkill?

ItemSet 376376
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-11-03 12:18:41
Link | Citer | R

you're not capped, so no, it isn't overkill. and balder earring is overrated, sell it for something useful
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-11-03 12:21:39
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »
you're not capped, so no, it isn't overkill. and balder earring is overrated, sell it for something useful

In terms of capped...subtle blow?

Im figuring 25(auspice) +15(/nin) + 25sb2(dagger)

Could swap out for a chirich +1?

(The ear is signed by a good friend and was a gift :P)
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-11-03 12:26:15
Link | Citer | R

still 10 short. sherida covers 5 and better than balder anyways. digni. earring covers another 5 and minor dps loss compared to telos
[+]
 Asura.Pibbles
By Asura.Pibbles 2020-11-03 12:36:22
Link | Citer | R

The balder has 10 evasion on it as well which may or may not be worthwhile during this fight depending on where he lands relative to the mob acc.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2020-11-03 12:37:40
Link | Citer | R

Ah, fair enough, thanks.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-11-03 12:54:47
Link | Citer | R

still 10 short. sherida covers 5 and better than balder anyways. digni. earring covers another 5 and minor dps loss compared to telos

Isn't cap 75 from all sources and 50 from each category?

Im figuring 25(auspice) +15(/nin) + 25sb2(dagger) + 10 (Chirich)
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-11-03 12:55:44
Link | Citer | R

I was saying keep the current rings and change your earrings.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-11-03 12:56:21
Link | Citer | R

This is what I'd go for personally. You get to keep your DT and HP from moonlight rings, and the loss on ears is pretty minimal.

If you didn't want to rely on Auspice(or anyone else is looking at a thf SB set), you can use Bathy Choker, Expeditious Pinion, and Path D Adhemar Bonnet +1 without losing all that much damage or survivability. Gain 135 HP too.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-11-03 13:01:19
Link | Citer | R

Okie Dokie..

This is the better set then?

ItemSet 376376
First Page 2