Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » PLD FC Sets
PLD FC Sets
 Phoenix.Lucasta
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: lucasta
By Phoenix.Lucasta 2020-10-31 12:58:28
Link | Citer | R

I'm revisiting my FC set for Paladin. With all the new augmented gear, what's everyone using for solid fastcast sets for Paladin? The sets in the pinned guide are outdated and I didn't really want to wade through a hundred pages to see if it was already discussed. Thanks in advance.
By mhomho 2020-10-31 13:53:13
Link | Citer | R

What is the search function? How does it work? Who is Martel? Surely, checking his profile wouldn't have item sets listed. Surely, you couldn't just stalk his posts to find out his thoughts and opinions. It's not like he's a big *** Paladin or anything.
 Asura.Wotasu
Serveur: Asura
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2020-10-31 13:53:33
Link | Citer | R

I'll point you to Martel's itemsets, lots of good stuff there.
https://www.ffxiah.com/player/Ragnarok/Martel/#item-sets
[+]
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2020-10-31 14:28:06
Link | Citer | R

mhomho said: »
What is the search function? How does it work? Who is Martel? Surely, checking his profile wouldn't have item sets listed. Surely, you couldn't just stalk his posts to find out his thoughts and opinions. It's not like he's a big *** Paladin or anything.

Why do idiots always feel the need to post this? The search function is jank. This guy may have never heard of Martel. If you can't help this person or are unwilling to help them, why even bother to post?
[+]
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2020-10-31 14:33:56
Link | Citer | R

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46016/first-and-final-line-of-defense-v20/77/#3497598

Most up-to-date I've been able to find. Martel has some good high hp enmity/cure/sird sets on the following few pages too. These were all before the last couple rounds of unity augments though, so there are probably a few better/alternative pieces missing in some sets.
By mhomho 2020-10-31 16:38:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Friedrik said: »
Why do idiots always feel the need to post this? The search function is jank. This guy may have never heard of Martel. If you can't help this person or are unwilling to help them, why even bother to post?

If you go peruse the stickied guide post and take a few minutes you would notice Martel is a frequent poster. The original poster made no effort to research the job they wanted to play.

Sure I gave them some sass, but I still name dropped Martel.

If you don't understand how to use the search function then maybe you're the idiot.

Literally, clicked on the guide post > have search set to topic > searched FC > found all the sets. The search function is only as good as the operator, but whatever. Go buy some Job Points or something. I'm sure you'll get good then.
 Asura.Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2020-11-01 10:22:15
Link | Citer | R

--screeching--
You came in strictly to be a jackass and you know it. Dude posted this thread asking a simple question and you rolled in here tipping your fedora all over him. Luckily, some people who aren't manchildren in their 30s answered his question.

I hope dunking on the guy made you feel better about yourself.
[+]
By mhomho 2020-11-01 10:32:53
Link | Citer | R

Why exactly did this need it's own thread? They could've asked in the guide thread, got their answer and furthered the discussion by asking them to reevaluate their sets.

manchildren in their 30s
Did Syto and his crew tell you your opinion of me? Gratz, you got to hate on the transgender woman.
 Asura.Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2020-11-01 11:45:00
Link | Citer | R

Why exactly did this need it's own thread? They could've asked in the guide thread, got their answer and furthered the discussion by asking them to reevaluate their sets.

Someone made a new thread in a subforum that gets maybe 10 new threads in a year? How dare they.

Did Syto and his crew tell you your opinion of me? Gratz, you got to hate on the transgender woman.

What in the actual ***? Words can't quite express how little I care about these two sentences right here.

Here's some life advice for you, and seeing as its on youtube you don't even have to pay for prime to get it:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Mrxi 2020-11-01 11:45:48
Link | Citer | R

Because he sucks probably and wants to make him self look good.
By mhomho 2020-11-01 12:04:24
Link | Citer | R

Someone made a new thread in a subforum that gets maybe 10 new threads in a year

Oh no! God forbid someone understand the purpose of stickied posts! It's so hard and terrible~

Get off your high horse. You saw me post and felt the need to ***on the transgender person for good boy points with your buddies. Oh I was so mean~ Obviously you needed to step in to white knight for them. Continue projecting your intentions:
You came in strictly to be a jackass and you know it
By paladinepsot 2020-11-01 18:42:49
Link | Citer | R

Get off your high horse. You saw me post and felt the need to ***on the transgender person for good boy points with your buddies.

Literally not mentioned by anyone except for you, and the "manchild" comment was basically genderless in context as it refers to an attitude instead of an actual gender.

Content: Paladins have a lot of options for FC these days, and the linked posts from martel give some good ideas. What you're looking for is not necessarily 80 FC, but a FC set that will not effect your max HPS nearly as much through changing gear, so you have to balance it with HP+ gear otherwise you'll lose a good 400 hps when you cast.
[+]
By mhomho 2020-11-01 20:05:25
Link | Citer | R

paladinepsot said: »
the "manchild" comment was basically genderless in context as it refers to an attitude instead of an actual gender.

/mah both sides/

ok~. Could've gone with a number of other things including simply: immature. It's a little bit too coincidental that they had such a good approximation of my age. They are associated with a linkshell that's harassed people relentlessly until they stop playing.

paladinepsot said: »
martel give some good ideas.

Not a fan of Enif Cosciales. BG lists the enhances Fast Cast as 8% Fast Cast which is different from Orunmila's Torque "Fast Cast" Effect +5, no? Sadly there doesn't look to be a great alternative outside of 6% FC Odyssean Cuisses.

ItemSet 376344
 Ragnarok.Lowen
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2020-11-03 10:12:14
Link | Citer | R

That set is going to destroy your HP every time you cast a spell.

Edit: And no, 8% is the same thing as +5 (+5 = 5%), SE just hasn't been consistent in the way they display stats.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-11-03 10:15:01
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Lowen said: »
That set is going to destroy your HP every time you cast a spell.
That's what FC sets do.

It is impossible to have FC with HP+ on the same piece of equipment that a PLD or RUN can equip.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2020-11-03 10:17:14
Link | Citer | R

I mean, the Martel set linked up above does a much better job managing HP dumping than that set does. If you drop 700 HP every time you try to cast a spell you're gonna find yourself getting ganked pretty frequently and making your healer's life miserable.
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2020-11-03 10:23:32
Link | Citer | R

BG lists the enhances Fast Cast as 8% Fast Cast which is different from Orunmila's Torque "Fast Cast" Effect +5, no?
Nope just SE's way of using different ways to classify 1 effect.
That happends when they use many different translators, over many years.
 Cerberus.Kaht
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2020-11-03 10:53:38
Link | Citer | R

Look at people discussing HP dips and fast cast sets.

It's almost like having a PLD FC thread wasn't actually a bad thing...
[+]
By mhomho 2020-11-03 12:13:55
Link | Citer | R

the Martel set linked up above does a much better job managing HP dumping than that set does.
Martel set for reference:
ItemSet 181860
ItemSet 349261

you sacrifice 3 FC for 200HP (earrings). 240 if you count Enif Cosciales (although you lose a bunch of supplemental stats).

If you drop 700 HP every time you try to cast a spell you're gonna find yourself getting ganked pretty frequently and making your healer's life miserable.
If you suck at timing your castings in relation to enemy attacks sure or roll your face across the keyboard, sure.

Cerberus.Kaht said: »
It's almost like having a PLD FC thread wasn't actually a bad thing...
Because guides are meant to keep track of and compile the information into one quick reference. This doesn't deserve it's own thread. You don't see Martel chiming in here like he would in the guide post.
 Cerberus.Kaht
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2020-11-03 12:18:25
Link | Citer | R

This doesn't deserve it's own thread. You don't see Martel chiming in here like he would in the guide post.

Only you care.

It's a forum. It's for discussion.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2020-11-03 12:20:44
Link | Citer | R

the Martel set linked up above does a much better job managing HP dumping than that set does.
Martel set for reference:
ItemSet 181860
ItemSet 349261

you sacrifice 3 FC for 200HP. 240 if you count Enif Cosciales (although you lose a bunch of supplemental stats).

If you drop 700 HP every time you try to cast a spell you're gonna find yourself getting ganked pretty frequently and making your healer's life miserable.
If you suck at timing your castings in relation to enemy attacks sure or roll your face across the keyboard, sure.

lol. Must be nice living the life where you only ever tank one mob at a time and aren't spammming your enmity spells because your DDs are garbage.

Do you see the irony in getting more Fast Cast, just to have "try to time spells"?

Edit: And the set you posted is still ~400 HP more than the one I originally commented on.

Edit again: I don't know where you pulled the reference set from but it isn't the one linked above: http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/349261
By mhomho 2020-11-03 12:26:30
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kaht said: »
Only you care.
Huh, it's almost like the thread wouldn't have any discussion if I didn't make posts that forwarded the discussion while people like you sit twiddling your thumbs idly.
If they want to talk about HP rubberbanding then they should probably post their tanking sets in general. Idle sets vs engaged sets. Spell Interruption Down sets. Enhancing sets. It's almost like just the Fast Cast is moot if you don't consider it in relation to the rest of the players sets.
I presented the only set in the thread without a link. A set solely based upon maxing FC. If it doesn't suit your play style or group's capabilities, then you can modify based upon need. If you want alternative FC pieces you could search BG-wiki yourself or maybe go look at the guide. For instance, would you consider Voltsurge Torque if you're too lazy to do meebles? What about Sacro Breastplate if you don't have cards for the AF+3 body?
By mhomho 2020-11-03 12:32:11
Link | Citer | R

Edit again: I don't know where you pulled the reference set from but it isn't the one linked above: http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/349261

It's almost as if you can link sets directly in posts with [itemset] command.

your DDs are garbage.
If they're pulling hate from you it sounds like they're doing their jobs of maximizing their damage. Even when you pull heards of monsters they'll all still attack in unison for their initial attack based upon monster type and the time they reach you from onset of pull with relation to your speed. Then, your spell interruption down set comes into play to get your casts off. You shouldn't be spamming your macros forcing your character into the FC set repeatedly. If you don't have a massive amount of lag, you hit the macro and *** if the packets weren't lost. Having showswaps on in gearswap can help if you have it on, but will potentially cause more lag.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2020-11-03 12:47:55
Link | Citer | R

Interruption isn't the issue, no PLD should ever be getting interrupted regardless of how many things are hitting you. The issue is that when you're spamming BLU spells on a pack of 30+ wave 2 mobs or spamming enmity spells on the wave 2/3 boss, you're effectively idling at whatever your Fast Cast set (or your Atonement set if you're going the Burtgang Atonement spam route) puts your HP at.

There's just no sense in dropping 500+ HP to gain 3-5% FC. It's wasteful for waste's sake, and every second you spend not casting a spell because you don't want to die to a partially resisted Mijin/Wildfire/Sanguine/whatever is lost enmity.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-11-03 14:35:41
Link | Citer | R

This doesn't deserve it's own thread. You don't see Martel chiming in here like he would in the guide post.
I didn't post because by the time I saw the thread someone had already linked my sets. Little to be said at that point. Whether the question is posted in the guide thread or as its own topic is not relevant.
[+]