Administrator
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2020-09-29 12:18:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
much trashier than wows

I know "cold truths no one wants to hear" is what you're aiming for, but this one's just outright false. I'm not saying XI doesn't have its share of trash, but let's keep things in perspective, yo.
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
Serveur: Asura
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-09-29 12:26:32
Link | Citer | R

the "people report rival guild members in WoW and it autobans them" thing is false, no idea why no one else challenged that.

straight up wrong
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-09-29 12:28:07
Link | Citer | R

Why not call it out on that thread?

It's still unlocked...for now.
By Mattelot 2020-09-29 12:31:14
Link | Citer | R

From my experience, WoW has a lot more "kiddos" and entitled people who feel they deserve rewards just for logging in every day.

Both games have those people who believe or like to claim they're "elite" when they're really not. It just seems more prominent here because of how much smaller the community is.
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2020-09-29 12:32:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Elizabet said: »
There's already a case study. And this community is much trashier than wows, so it's a gimmie.

But it's also harder to report someone in FFXI than it is in WoW, now if there was a lua addon to report players...

Now we're *** getting somewhere.
By Jetackuu 2020-09-29 12:47:15
Link | Citer | R

Mattelot said: »
entitled people who feel they deserve rewards just for logging in every day.
I'm just mad SE stopped doing abyssea items for login points twice a year, last year. I wanted my mule army to get glavoid shells so I didn't have to farm my other 28.
[+]
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2020-09-29 12:58:50
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
I'm just mad SE stopped doing abyssea items for login points twice a year, last year. I wanted my mule army to get glavoid shells so I didn't have to farm my other 28.
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-09-29 13:33:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Biglovin said: »
Jetackuu said: »
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight?
Dude, we don't want to talk about it.

Wish I had caught it from it's start, only really got to use 1.5 of them decently.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-09-29 14:03:35
Link | Citer | R

If the people paid to do their jobs, did their jobs, I wouldn't be able to do what I do. Be mad at square for allowing it.

and, if people did their jobs appropriately, I may not be doing them at all.
Yea this horse ***never flied before, still doesn't fly now. You're a cheating *** botting RMT clown. Using that excuse as your "justice for a true XI" banner, makes it just that much more pathetic.

Cute ninja edit though.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-29 14:06:37
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Elizabet said: »
There's already a case study. And this community is much trashier than wows, so it's a gimmie.

But it's also harder to report someone in FFXI than it is in WoW, now if there was a lua addon to report players...

[+]
By Onimaru 2020-09-29 14:29:01
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
There is a severe lapse in logic if you think a person reporting is responsible for a cheater getting banned for cheating.

Is it snowden's fault the US government was spying on private citizens?

Is it NYT's fault that trump's taxes make him look bad?

The cause of the bans is the person cheating. The report is a catalyst at best, and the ban could've happened with or without it.

Oh, you mean snitching? Yes, snitches bear responsibility on whatever happens to the person caught. That is why they get stitches. That is why snowden would get his *** cooked if he was caught. You need to start living in the real world.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-09-29 14:31:06
Link | Citer | R

To now cop an anti windower/addon attitude is stupid. For almost two decades using this stuff, nobody is going vanilla. You can demonize automation and bots/ multi box but the whole anti windower thing that keeps coming up in these threads is stupid.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-09-29 14:31:41
Link | Citer | R

Onimaru said: »
There is a severe lapse in logic if you think a person reporting is responsible for a cheater getting banned for cheating.

The cause of the bans is the person cheating. The report is a catalyst at best, and the ban could've happened with or without it.

Oh, you mean snitching? Yes, snitches bear responsibility on whatever happens to the person caught. That is why they get stitches. That is why snowden would get his *** cooked if he was caught. You need to start living in the real world.
lolno, how juvenile
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-09-29 14:34:12
Link | Citer | R

Two wrongs dont makes one right
By Mattelot 2020-09-29 14:52:00
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Two wrongs dont makes one right

A negative times a negative makes a positive :D
[+]
 Bahamut.Solstafir
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Solstafir
By Bahamut.Solstafir 2020-09-29 15:40:39
Link | Citer | R

Intriguing viewpoint, but have you considered

GwenStacy said: »
don't cheat
[+]
By Onimaru 2020-09-29 15:45:02
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
To now cop an anti windower/addon attitude is stupid. For almost two decades using this stuff, nobody is going vanilla. You can demonize automation and bots/ multi box but the whole anti windower thing that keeps coming up in these threads is stupid.

Ppl who are now suddenly demonizing windower play a windowed version of the game and use equipsets. Ideas originally created by the type of players whom they are now advocating a ban for. In short, scrubby spiteful hypocrites.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-29 15:45:07
Link | Citer | R

There are two types of people who say comments like the above. Either you truly have no concept of how humanity exists and has survived for over 100,000 years of growth, and think that violence is still a viable solution to issues (caveman with rock comes to mind)- or you are trying to sound hard after a lifetime of getting ignored and beat up through school and now work.
[+]
By Haziko 2020-09-29 15:58:49
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

There are two types of people who say comments like the above. Either you truly have no concept of how humanity exists and has survived for over 100,000 years of growth, and think that violence is still a viable solution to issues (caveman with rock comes to mind)- or you are trying to sound hard after a lifetime of getting ignored and beat up through school and now work.

Por que no los dos?
[+]
By Onimaru 2020-09-29 15:59:48
Link | Citer | R

Pointing out that in RL ppl who go out of their way to tell on others often face consequences is me not having a concept of how humanity works? ok, bud. u sure it ain't you not being able to tell fantasy from reality? Does violence solve some issues? yes. Did I advocate for violence at any point? No, That's you, once again, being delusional and immature. You went wayyy off the mark with that last part. Whew.
 Bismarck.Gippali
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2020-09-29 16:00:10
Link | Citer | R

Thugged out morons gonna thug out? It's the same viewpoint that a large portion of incarcerated people have lol.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-29 16:01:45
Link | Citer | R

Pointing out that in RL ppl who go out of their way to tell on others often face consequences is me not having a concept of how humanity works? ok, bud. u sure it ain't you not being able to tell fantasy from reality? Does violence solve some issues? yes. Did I advocate for violence at any point? No, That's you, once again, being delusional and immature. You went wayyy off the mark with that last part. Whew.

You're not pointing it out, you're defending it by your tone and word choice.
[+]
 Bahamut.Solstafir
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Solstafir
By Bahamut.Solstafir 2020-09-29 16:02:40
Link | Citer | R

Unless your name is Celine Dion, no one cares to hear you say "that's the way it is"

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-29 16:30:27
Link | Citer | R

Definitely some of column A and some of column B it's not either/or.

(and ok, maybe not trashier but at least as trashy as, per scale etc)
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-09-29 16:40:45
Link | Citer | R

I'm just wondering how anyone who reports bots/RMT to SE are going "to get stitches", so to say.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-29 16:46:09
Link | Citer | R

Dox em, fly to their moms house and beat em up, duh.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-09-29 17:08:26
Link | Citer | R

endxen said: »
If people want to bot and use tools that's on them, they know the risk.

If people want to play vanilla and complain about the game's UI and lack of "quality of life" functionality then that's up to them.

or you could be like ejiin, pretend to play vanilla, don't play vanilla, endlessly cry about vanilla.

there's really an option for everyone
 Bismarck.Gippali
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2020-09-30 01:49:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Tsm said: »
endxen said: »
If people want to bot and use tools that's on them, they know the risk.

If people want to play vanilla and complain about the game's UI and lack of "quality of life" functionality then that's up to them.

or you could be like ejiin, pretend to play vanilla, don't play vanilla, endlessly cry about vanilla.

there's really an option for everyone

It’s weird that you have such a hard-on for someone that doesn’t actually effect your gameplay.